It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: gortex

Not so sure - france and netherlands have been giving indications they may say no unless we have good reasons to request an extension.

They are gearing up to reject an extension to the 31st Jan - because they want a much much longer extension (years). This will be over an above an exit period AFTER we leave that will tie us to the EU economy for a further 2 years of trade negotiations (with no option to negotiate with anyone else).

Then, a further part of the EU deal which Boris is now compelled to bring back to Parliament, is that if we can't reach a trade deal with the EU, we stay locked in the common market with no rights to leave (EVER) until the EU say so.

That is the position our Parliament and previously Theresa "Remainer" May have put us in.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Aren't there meetings about this today?

Yes Boris was sitting with the EU today.

Is it still to be a halloween brexit?

Its possible but highly unlikely, legally Boris is obligated to request an extension beyond the 31st of October if he is unable to make a deal with the EU and have this agreed to by parliament which is basically not going to happen. Therefore he is now legally required to request an extension by 19th of October. The date suggested under the legislation and by parliament is the 31st of January 2020, if the EU offer that the Boris must accept it. If they offer a different date he must accept it within two days unless parliament reject it.

Based on this a halloween Brexit is unlikely.
edit on 16-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
After being humiliated by Luxembourg's PM he may just keep parliament shut.
Mark Ruffalo pwned him last night and the chickens won in Chicken Run, I think he just needs his safe space.

brexit party officials keep using the Cod Wars as an example of how to win, we of course lost the Cod Wars to Iceland.

It's not a case of fixing brexit, it's about fixing stupid and that can't be done.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Humiliated ?
The speech given by Mr Ruffalo was an example of why we wish to leave , angry man denies any part in the problems of Brexit.

Johnson didn't want to give the press the gift of his speech being drowned out by a few vocal expats , can't say I blame him.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Humiliated
The speech given by Mr Ruffalo was an example of why we wish to leave , angry man denies any part in the problems of Brexit.

.....eh?

Mr Ruffalo as in....Mark Ruffalo, the actor who plays the Incredible Hulk.....don't you mean the speech given by Xavier Bettel the PM of Luxembourg.

Honestly some of the Hulk Memes though ave been pretty hilarious but I think your getting your super-hero's and European leaders mixed up what next, the speech Mr Wayne gave or that horrible article Mr Kent wrote in the Daily Planet.
edit on 16-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

.don't you mean the speech given by Xavier Bettel the PM of Luxembourg.

Yeah , bloody foreigners all look the same to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

.don't you mean the speech given by Xavier Bettel the PM of Luxembourg.

Yeah , bloody foreigners all look the same to me.

HAHA typical Brexit supporter

That was a good one buddy gave me a laugh and when times are as crap as they are now (regardless if you want to leave or remain) I think so long as we can still have a laugh about it all we're all good. Seriously look up some of those Boris Hulk memes.
edit on 16-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
thanks!
It is appreciated

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

My understanding is that it will require all eu members to agree to any extension so if one says no we don't get one.
I may be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Interesting to see Labour sitting on the fence with their shambolic brexit policy.
I see conference has voted to abolish border controls with free nhs to migrants.
This will drive more labour voters to farage.
Incidentally does anyone have even arough costing of corbyns spending pledges?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Interesting to see Labour sitting on the fence with their shambolic brexit policy.
I see conference has voted to abolish border controls with free nhs to migrants.

Lol!! and what about his nationalisation schemes? And I read somewhere

that council tax will be raised if you have a garden and a nice view.

I seem to remember John Prescott playing with those ideas!!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think we should all of us, Brexiter or Remainer, right or left, scotnat or unionist, take a moment of quiet reflection and pray to whatever deity or none we believe in, that Corbyn doesn't ever become PM.

Johnson or Corbyn. Christ who would have thought I would ever look back at Blair v Hague as the good old days.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Turned you have, to the Dark Side.

🍻

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
And then you have Diane Abbott and her magic abacus!
Which seems to be a bit broken.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
we fix it by

Convincing the idiots in parliment that if they don't sort this out quickly corbyn will win the next general election which will result in high taxation, nationalisation and the theft of second homes. Nothing will motivate them like loosing their privilaged lifestyle. When commonsense fails legal blackmail is all thats left.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eccentriclady
we fix it by

Convincing the idiots in parliment that if they don't sort this out quickly corbyn will win the next general election which will result in high taxation, nationalisation and the theft of second homes. Nothing will motivate them like loosing their privilaged lifestyle. When commonsense fails legal blackmail is all thats left.

That explains the problem. It's really communism vs. capitalism.

Social inequality vs. financial inequality.

Someone stands to gain going one way, and lose going the other. Someone else loses going the first way, and gains going the second.

If you brits would just quit trying to find ways to rob each other, you could band together and go rob somebody else.

Come to think of it............. nevermind. (Please keep robbing EACH OTHER)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You have worded it much better than I could. Ive lost patience with them all, so in the future Im happy to vote for whomeever will line my pockets. When the houses of partiment clean themselves up it will be time for the voters to do what they believe to be right, until then we all should vote selfishly.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My personal opinion on BR exit as an American.

The common wealth is CA , AU, NZ...

Elizabeth is associated with 4 nations with Parliament and Parliament she personally in (her power) gave permission to close it temporary.

The EU is not compatible with England.

Half of the British voted out. They already kissed the EU goodbye.

The currency of UK is not Euro anymore and the law is now changed.

I expect other other nations to leave the EU in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kinghonor1

Our currency has never been the euro.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
How do we fix it?
By decimating the people who caused the mess -labour, liberals and those that ran propaganda for them.
I would say job done.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join