It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Anyway, enough about Steptoe......I mean Corbyn - we don't want to be upsetting or offending Solo.

Any suggestion by me that Corbyn resembles Steptoe is of course completely wrong of me and I apologise unreservedly if I suggested in any way that JC looks like "the dirty old man". Corbyn looks nothing like Steptoe. Not even a little bit.

It seems that May is bent on battling on while Brexit is unravelling all around her. I can't see any chance of this deal being voted through.

Latest seems to be that Gove (loathsome creep that he is)is not going to resign from the Cabinet. Brexit is indeed a mess.

How do we fix it? I can see a "no deal" looming.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: oldcarpy
...post coitus, she's stroking him and weaving plaits in his beard as they lay there oiled and sweating.

BOAK

mentally scarred for life !

WELL I NEVER !
In all my days on ATS and ive seen some utter tripe and filth , but this , this is just ......

MODS LOCK THIS THREAD < TAKE IT DOWN OFF THE SERVER < RUN A MAGNET PASSED THE HARD DRIVE AND THEN THROW IT IN THE MICROWAVE! delete all your contacts, no one speak of this ever again

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You can't erase those mental images. Ever. Not unless Mind Bleach is an actual thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

rexit is indeed a mess.

Is that such a bad thing?

Many's the time the best results come from when ones back is against the wall!!

Can you imagine the contempt we would be treated with if we now stayed in?

We would become the EU's 'whipping boy' and used to constantly remind any

other members what happens to naughty members who try to get away.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

No, I don't think "no deal" will be a bad thing. It would be better than this awful deal May is proposing.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Can't you go to jail if solo is offended by a post?
Some US members told me that on ATS lol.

I'll stop with the Corbyn/Abbot references now, I actually disgusted myself after imaging it in my mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes. He is probably calling the Police right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Rightly so, I shall hand myself in if ATS gets contacted by the constabulary lol
Abbot/Corbyn like role play, she dresses up like a school teacher, he enjoys the cane on his wrinkly white arse lol
"Sorry miss Abbott I promise to be a good boy"

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

STOP THIS INSANITY!

here cornish if the world goes tits up and all draconian you could land a job as a torturer with that kind of imagination!

torturing poor souls to talk with mental imagery that horrific !
edit on 16-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Haha! Sorry man, I couldn't help myself...it is a pretty bad sick mind I have, I've been imagining allsorts with Corbyn/Abbot lol, promise I'll stop now.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Aye dinnae get yerself too carried away with that line of thought !

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Lol I've self flagellated myself now so it's all good!
On-topic ish, do you reckon May will last long, the government seems like a total mess at the moment.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I really have no clue , but I think given the number of MP's who have straight up refused to accept the deal she has brought back will mean , she is on thin ice !

even the tory party are ready to kick her to the curb!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Please - just stop it. You need serious help.

Who knows how long May will last? Certainly not going to be leader come the next election but who would be daft enough to take on her job with Brexit? A poisoned chalice for sure.

Mind you, can you imagine the mess that Corbyn would make of it? Sir Kier Starmer - knighted for being the worst ever head of the CPS. Decided not to prosecute the Police officer in the death of Ian Tomlinson etc. has been all over the place on Brexit.

I have no faith in Labour being able to fix it but then again the Tories are a mess. Time to put party politics aside for the good of the nation?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The future is bright friends!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: oldcarpy

rexit is indeed a mess.

Is that such a bad thing?

Many's the time the best results come from when ones back is against the wall!!

Can you imagine the contempt we would be treated with if we now stayed in?

We would become the EU's 'whipping boy' and used to constantly remind any

other members what happens to naughty members who try to get away.

Yes, a no deal Brexit would be a disaster. I don't really understand everyone who tries to claim otherwise. Just a few issues in a few areas (there are far, far more issues than this with a no deal Brexit).

NHS Drugs would be severely impacted. The flow of medical supplies in Europe is based on complex supply chains throught the continent, designed for trade within the Single Market (Single Market being of key emphasis here). Each week, 47 million packs of medicine are exported to Europe and we import 37 million. Each drug has to be licensed, tested and certified by the EU regulator for medicine, meaning a test in the UK is valid in the EU and vice-versa. This literally stops overnight with a no deal Brexit., meaning that 361 products from the UK (37% of the market) couldn't be sold in the EU and 978 medicines could not be sold in the UK. Many of these medicines are life changing / life saving.

Staying health related but moving to Customs checks, we import our Accident & Emergency Trauma Packs, usually on very short (several hours) notice. No deal means these can no longer be instantly couriered and it would take many more hours / possibly days to get these urgent supplies. Not so bad if you can plan ahead, terrible though if we have an incident (terror attack, natural disaster, etc).

In food, 97% of our entire processed food and drink is imported from the EU. This industry supports over 400'000 UK jobs. No deal Brexit places serious constraints on this industry and seriously threatens all of these firms and businesses.

I could go on an on and each of these and other sectors of our economy and society, they are a simple snap shot of just a few areas that would be majorly affected.

In essence, people need to seriously wake up to the dangers of a no deal Brexit. Whether pro or anti Brexit, no deal is definitely not the way forward.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

in this case no deal in reality means near death for some people who rely on drugs manufactured and sold by the EU to the UK

just seems to me all the government care about is future trade deals , instead of making sure we have everything in place to ensure the survival of those who depend on things like life saving drugs from the EU .

During May's address to the house yesterday it was basically 2 hours of her saying I dont really have an concrete answer , on everything from environment , to security/defense, healthcare, economy , science, research , education , social welfare, NHS
its all just a giant quagmire

edit on 16-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Lots of doom mongering in this thread, there will be some fudge fix for everything in my opinion.
Any talk that this or that 'will' happen is dishonest at best.
I understand the concern, but it will sort itself out because it has to...I'm not worried.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23963147]Flavian[/post

Yes, a no deal Brexit would be a disaster. I don't really understand everyone who tries to claim otherwise. Just a few issues in a few areas (there are far, far more issues than this with a no deal Brexit).

Did the UK not exist before the EU?

......1975 the UK was doing very well thank you. Probably why the EU

wanted the UK on board very financially advantageous addition to their coffers?

And a good start to their ambition for a super state.

NHS Drugs would be severely impacted. The flow of medical supplies in Europe is based on complex supply chains throught the continent, designed for trade within the Single Market (Single Market being of key emphasis here). Each week, 47 million packs of medicine are exported to Europe and we import 37 million. Each drug has to be licensed, tested and certified by the EU regulator for medicine, meaning a test in the UK is valid in the EU and vice-versa. This literally stops overnight with a no deal Brexit., meaning that 361 products from the UK (37% of the market) couldn't be sold in the EU and 978 medicines could not be sold in the UK. Many of these medicines are life changing / life saving.

Leaving the EU leaves us to negotiate our own deals in an open market

The USA remains the biggest single producer (by value), accounting for almost one-third of total production, and Japan the second biggest. Together, these two countries produced 57% of the world's pharmaceuticals

^^^Not in the EU^^^ Trump has said he is ready to do business with us

and we dont need the time required to consult 27 other countries.

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) recorded a year-on-year revenue growth of 8% in 2017. Its pharmaceuticals division accounted for the majority of this revenue at $23.3bn.
GSK is a UK-based pharmaceutical company]/b] that develops medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.

That should be a sinch.... on the doorstep.

his year could see a transformation in the Japanese pharma market, according to a new report, with strong growth stemming from increased use of generics, biosimilars and stronger links with the global industry.

Japan was once the second biggest pharma market in the world behind the US, but has now been overtaken by China. Nevertheless, it remains one of the most important markets for new drug launches.

Open up or expand our business there? and again we will be able to make

instant decisions?

Staying health related but moving to Customs checks, we import our Accident & Emergency Trauma Packs, usually on very short (several hours) notice. No deal means these can no longer be instantly couriered and it would take many more hours / possibly days to get these urgent supplies. Not so bad if you can plan ahead, terrible though if we have an incident (terror attack, natural disaster, etc).

Transport planes???

In food, 97% of our entire processed food and drink is imported from the EU. This industry supports over 400'000 UK jobs. No deal Brexit places serious constraints on this industry and seriously threatens all of these firms and businesses.

Might help to thin down the overweight nation?? Is drink a necessity??

anyway nothing like being prepared

Tim Martin's company has already begun replacing EU-sourced drinks with British alternatives as the UK prepares to leave the bloc.

In essence, people need to seriously wake up to the dangers of a no deal Brexit. Whether pro or anti Brexit, no deal is definitely not the way forward.

Oh ye of little faith, we went through worse 1939 to 1945 we will get

through this, we have a glass half full.

edit on 16-11-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You are correct that Brexit will not be as bad as being bombed by Nazi Germany...
edit on 17-11-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join