It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Still not heard an argument against a second referendum.

I argue against a second vote............

Plead give an actual reason why? Genuinely can't see a single valid reason against.

The matter has already been put to a vote.

In no way precludes another vote. If people want to leave then it will confirm it. If not then we shouldn't leave.

They do want to leave, and the referendum proved that.

And if they still want to leave another referendum will confirm that. If not we shouldn't leave because of a vote 3 years in a advance.

The matter has already been decided. They voted leave, and they will leave.

You can keep saying that, still doesn't prevent a new decision being made. A fundamental point of democracy is decisions can change.

That’s not a point of democracy. Elections and referendums are binding, not recast because the losing side wants another go of it.

Really? Tell that to Nigel Farage. Just before the referendum he said that if 'Remain' won narrowly then another referendum would have to be held within a few years. Of course he retracted that the day after the referendum.
Don't people have the right to change their minds after they finally see what a god-awful mess the Government is making of the entire thing, as scum like Boris Johnson put themselves before their country?

And the example he gave was a 52/48 split.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market”, Boris Johnson, The Telegraph, 26 June 2016

The EU’s supporters say ‘we must have access to the Single Market’. Britain will have access to the Single Market after we vote leave”. Vote Leave, What Happens When We Vote Leave?

Many more if you like?

After the referendum.

I've yet to see the rabid remain munters tell the truth in any discussion on the subject

mobile.twitter.com...

Remind me when the referendum was again?

What has a December 2015 tweet about Norway by Aaron banks got to do with an article from the Tele a few days after the referendum by BoJo?

Or is this that crazy remainer claptrap we have all gotten used to since your side LOST the vote?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Interesting reading for you.

In reality the lies came from the 'Remain' campaign.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... 8uY29tLw&guce_referrer_cs=fUGq5Gs81olGotuS-OKGOg

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The biggest fear (for UK.gov at least) is that this could eventually lead the way for Irish unification

You have so little faith in MI5 disrupting unification in UK's interest, even before it gets out of the grass roots level ?

LOL

Need I bring up their clandestine role in furthering UK interests in Africa, or any number of other nations?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market”, Boris Johnson, The Telegraph, 26 June 2016

The EU’s supporters say ‘we must have access to the Single Market’. Britain will have access to the Single Market after we vote leave”. Vote Leave, What Happens When We Vote Leave?

Many more if you like?

After the referendum.

I've yet to see the rabid remain munters tell the truth in any discussion on the subject

mobile.twitter.com...

What has a December 2015 tweet about Norway by Aaron banks got to do with an article from the Tele a few days after the referendum by BoJo?

Or is this that crazy remainer claptrap we have all gotten used to since your side LOST the vote?

Examples of the drivel We have been told about what would happen. Why are you so scared of a second vote?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I see crazy remainer claptrap.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Lies on both sides. All the more reason for a second referendum.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Why does lying mean a 2nd Referendum ?

Politicians lie at every General Election. We don't have another one until the term is up.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Many more if you like?

After the referendum.

mobile.twitter.com...

Examples of the drivel We have been told about what would happen. Why are you so scared of a second vote?

No logic to your last posts.
Why I don't want a second vote is because the side you are on is the one that will make slaves of our children.

The government has been told what to do and should get on with it. Cowardly, craven remainers have done everything they can to jeopardise our freedom for too long.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Politicians lie at every General Election. We don't have another one until the term is up.

But we do have another one. Still no one giving a reason for not having another referendum.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

But we do have another one. Still no one giving a reason for not having another referendum.

We did but you spent all your time in lala land so you missed it.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Plead give an actual reason why? Genuinely can't see a single valid reason against.

In no way precludes another vote. If people want to leave then it will confirm it. If not then we shouldn't leave.

And if they still want to leave another referendum will confirm that. If not we shouldn't leave because of a vote 3 years in a advance.

You can keep saying that, still doesn't prevent a new decision being made. A fundamental point of democracy is decisions can change.

That’s not a point of democracy. Elections and referendums are binding, not recast because the losing side wants another go of it.

Referendums aren't binding in UK but that is a technical point.

Elections and referendums only apply until superseded by another one. That's why we don't have the Whigs in charge.

If you want a referendum to return to the EU after a few years, I’d say go for it.

link   

The lies of the leave campaign nullified the lies of the remain campaign. So even stevens.

Leave won.

link   

Many more if you like?

After the referendum.

mobile.twitter.com...

No logic to your last posts.
Why I don't want a second vote is because the side you are on is the one that will make slaves of our children.

The government has been told what to do and should get on with it. Cowardly, craven remainers have done everything they can to jeopardise our freedom for too long.

So you don't have a reason for opposing other than the decision might change.

You are entities to your irrational hyperbolic fears. You aren't entities to enforce them on others.

Still no one giving an actual reason against a second referendum.

edit on 22-9-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Really? Tell that to Nigel Farage. Just before the referendum he said that if 'Remain' won narrowly then another referendum would have to be held within a few years. Of course he retracted that the day after the referendum.
Don't people have the right to change their minds after they finally see what a god-awful mess the Government is making of the entire thing, as scum like Boris Johnson put themselves before their country?

They do. I see no problem with having a referendum to rejoin the EU after Brexit.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Elections and referendums only apply until superseded by another one. That's why we don't have the Whigs in charge.

If you want a referendum to return to the EU after a few years, I’d say go for it.

Let's save the huge cost and upheaval and check people still want to leave first.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The lies of the leave campaign nullified the lies of the remain campaign. So even stevens.

Leave won.

Leave did win. Doesn't stop another referendum.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Let's save the huge cost and upheaval and check people still want to leave first.

Would you be saying that if remain won?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
I gave you a reason, I want my first vote to be carried out first then do referendums every week for all I care.
I voted to leave the EU and I was fully informed by the remain camp about possible outcomes as you were.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

They do. I see no problem with having a referendum to rejoin the EU after Brexit.

Speaking with friends and fellow workers who voted to remain, most of them have now said they wished they had voted leave.

This is a direct result of how The E.U. are treating The U.K. is these so called negotiations.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join