It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So just like Westminster then.

You know my opinion on Westminster and the people that infest the place.

Only we'll have full control over our own taxation and Assets including Oil and Gas.

Another moment of hilarity from our resident comedian.
You won't have an assembly to set taxes. Brussels and Strasbourg will set your tax rates and control your 'assets' - and it'll distribute as it see's fit.

I really don't know what dream world you are living in.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Still not heard an argument against a second referendum.

I argue against a second vote............

Plead give an actual reason why? Genuinely can't see a single valid reason against.

The matter has already been put to a vote.

In no way precludes another vote. If people want to leave then it will confirm it. If not then we shouldn't leave.
edit on 22-9-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ScepticScot
Enact the will of the people first then I'm all for future referendums about whatever.
#LeaveMeansLeave
...as you knew when you voted.

Ignoring that the leave campaign claimed we would stay in the single market?

Are you making this up as you go along ?

Leading figures in the campaign to leave the EU, including Michael Gove, the UK justice secretary, want to officially withdraw from the single market to stop freedom of movement

The U.K. was also told before the referendum we would loose access to the single market.

Germany’s finance minister, Wolfgang Schäuble, has slammed the door on Britain retaining access to the single market if it votes to the leave the European Union. In an interview in a Brexit-themed issue of German weekly Der Spiegel, the influential veteran politician ruled out the possibility of the UK following a Swiss or Norwegian model that would allow it to enjoy the benefits of the single market without being an EU member.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Plead give an actual reason why? Genuinely can't see a single valid reason against.

In no way precludes another vote. If people want to leave then it will confirm it. If not then we shouldn't leave.

They do want to leave, and the referendum proved that.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market”, Boris Johnson, The Telegraph, 26 June 2016

The EU’s supporters say ‘we must have access to the Single Market’. Britain will have access to the Single Market after we vote leave”. Vote Leave, What Happens When We Vote Leave?

Many more if you like?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wash, rinse, repeat.

I am genuinely losing the will to live.

Sod it, I'm going to the pub to talk all sorts of bollocks, anything but the EU and Brexit!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And if they still want to leave another referendum will confirm that. If not we shouldn't leave because of a vote 3 years in a advance.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Sod it, I'm going to the pub to talk all sorts of bollocks, anything but the EU and Brexit!

Most sensible post of the whole thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market”, Boris Johnson, The Telegraph, 26 June 2016

The EU’s supporters say ‘we must have access to the Single Market’. Britain will have access to the Single Market after we vote leave”. Vote Leave, What Happens When We Vote Leave?

Many more if you like?

Links would be good.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And if they still want to leave another referendum will confirm that. If not we shouldn't leave because of a vote 3 years in a advance.

The matter has already been decided. They voted leave, and they will leave.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Lol yes

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

As any teenager/parent relationship will show there will be growing pains. Better to deal with it now than later.
Eu "need" to punish Britain to set an example for other Euroskeptic countries to deter others from leaving.

A few years ago when talking to people in Greece they told me they wanted the Drachma back. They had years of experience of being ripped off by the EU. The Troika made sure austerity would be placed on Greece and National assets were ripped off as conditions of further loans.

Meanwhile Merkel while claiming Greece shouldnt spend such a high amount of GDP on defence was conspicuously silent on how German arms dealers benefited.

www.theguardian.com...

Behind the frequent exhortations that Greece rein in spending after living "beyond its means" – admonishments made most loudly by Merkel and her finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble – there is another reality that paints Germany in a less than flattering light, according to MPs, military experts, economists and scholars. "If there is one country that has benefited from the huge amounts Greece spends on defence it is Germany," said Dimitris Papadimoulis, an MP with the Coalition of the Radical Left party.

"Just under 15% of Germany's total arms exports are made to Greece, its biggest market in Europe,"

There is no easy solution but Britain has some of the best minds on the planet - this would be a great opportunity to bring back manufacturing and provide more employment

qz.com...

How much does Britain owe?

There is no finite number of what the EU is demanding, publicly, and since the talks are behind closed doors, it is difficult to gauge what the EU expects. However, European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker previously suggested €60 billion (currently $70.4 billion) as a figure. Others have independently pegged it closer to the €30 billionmark.

If I dont see the figures myself I dont trust anyone. When have leaders ie British PM or Eu actually told the truth?

They are in it for themselves and their crony capitalism mates.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Many more if you like?

After the referendum.

I've yet to see the rabid remain munters tell the truth in any discussion on the subject

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You can keep saying that, still doesn't prevent a new decision being made. A fundamental point of democracy is decisions can change.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Our treasonous media need to stop peddling the view of others and start looking at it from our perspective

Aint gonna happen with Rupert Murdoch and the Globalists agenda.

Using the word treasonous when describing the biased media is being too kind.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Many more if you like?

After the referendum.

I've yet to see the rabid remain munters tell the truth in any discussion on the subject

mobile.twitter.com...

Remind me when the referendum was again?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Seconded. In fact I think I'll follow your example.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You can keep saying that, still doesn't prevent a new decision being made. A fundamental point of democracy is decisions can change.

That’s not a point of democracy. Elections and referendums are binding, not recast because the losing side wants another go of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That’s not a point of democracy. Elections and referendums are binding, not recast because the losing side wants another go of it.

Referendums aren't binding in UK but that is a technical point.

Elections and referendums only apply until superseded by another one. That's why we don't have the Whigs in charge.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Really? Tell that to Nigel Farage. Just before the referendum he said that if 'Remain' won narrowly then another referendum would have to be held within a few years. Of course he retracted that the day after the referendum.
Don't people have the right to change their minds after they finally see what a god-awful mess the Government is making of the entire thing, as scum like Boris Johnson put themselves before their country?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join