It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk
I knew what I was potentially voting for including WTO rules.
Even mainstream media spoke of it.
Remoaners is all, and mostly Scottish, whinging as usual lol

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

We don't have another ballot to confirm the outcome of a General Election.
We haven't had another ballot to confirm the results of other referenda - that's called legal precedence I think.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's already been discussed and going to be dealt with. Fruit pickers and farm workers from inside and outside the EU are going to be able to apply for a visa with that as one of the things they are coming for, it was talked about a few days ago on Skynews. It'll no doubt have a better name and all jazzed up but this is one of the arguments that remainers use not realising that an answer to this problem has already been proposed.

Do you think they come here to pick fruit and veg for the fantastic wages and living conditions? They come here to pick fruit and veg as well as claim working families tax credits and the other benefits all UK residents are entitled to. Once we are out of the EU those Tax credits and various other benefits will be gone. Do you really believe they are coming back here to work?. Do you really believe no other country in the EU grows fruit and veg?.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This is a major economic and constitutional change. People should be allowed a say on.The final outcome. A vote in 2016 should not be binding over what people want now.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ok, All you who knew what you were voting for. Let's hear why exactly you voted to leave and what exactly you voted for.

Let hear it. List your reasons.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I didn't vote for The Conservatives in 2017 and I don't want a Conservative government now.

Things have changed a lot since the 2017 General Election so can we have another one now please?

Why should we be beholden to the result of the 2017 General Election?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I didn't vote for The Conservatives in 2017 and I don't want a Conservative government now.

Things have changed a lot since the 2017 General Election so can we have another one now please?

Why should we be beholden to the result of the 2017 General Election?

General elections are set as fixed maximum term and elect representatives not make irreversible decisions.

A better point is that parliament can't bind it's successors so why should the electorate of 2016 bind the one of now?

There is no reasonable argument against giving the people final say.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The reasons why are pretty much irrelevant now - we had lots of these discussions prior to the referendum and I made my position perfectly clear to you and many other ATS members.
Those reasons are as valid today, possibly even more so, than what they were then.

The real issue we are discussing here is whether the result of a perfectly legitimate and democratic referendum should be enacted upon because the minority are not happy with the result.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The question was simple, leave or remain in the EU.
The potential outcomes were not a secret, the remaining camp described fears of WTO rules perfectly well.
Or are you saying you didn't understand that could have been an outcome of leaving the EU?
I totally understood it from remain camp leaflets alone lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

This is a major economic and constitutional change. People should be allowed a say on.The final outcome. A vote in 2016 should not be binding over what people want now.

But the process of leaving the EU would take 2 years from the moment article 50 was signed. Everybody knew that from day one.
While I agree times have changed, that doesn't mean you have another referendum.

People just have to except the result and work together to achieve it. No matter how much people moan and cry about it, it isn't going to change anyone's mind in the government. Tony Blair, Nick Clegg and John Major can swan around Europe all they want like a boyband, but it won't make any difference.
edit on Sat, 22 Sep 2018 11:05:43 -0500111892018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Ok, All you who knew what you were voting for. Let's hear why exactly you voted to leave and what exactly you voted for.

Let hear it. List your reasons.

I voted leave so the UK became a sovereign nation again trading nice with all nations of the world.
It's irrelevant though, we voted leave and you won't see your second referendum lol
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

We had that say in the referendum.

Its called The Right to Self-Determination and the British people determined to govern themselves rather than another sovereign body.

It really is that simple.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
The question was simple, leave or remain in the EU.
The potential outcomes were not a secret, the remaining camp described fears of WTO rules perfectly well.
Or are you saying you didn't understand that could have been an outcome of leaving the EU?
I totally understood it from remain camp leaflets alone lol.

And the leave camp claimed we would still have access to the single market and no border with Ireland. Turns out remain was correct then.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

So true, the worst part is Scots who are demanding independence have no understanding that this wouldn't be independence, it's not what they vote is going to achieve the whole point is that they want to remain part of the EU (that being the Scottish government) so they would be leaving one union that pretty much saved their country from their debts (by joining the Union) and instead joining the EU not realising that Spain wouldn't let this happen because it would set a precedent that they don't want Madrid to follow.

Utter bull#. Upon leaving the UK we would be 100% independent instead of the 15% Westminster allows us. As for leaving a union that saved us, More Bull#. Scotland wasn't bankrupt. the Lords were, They are the ones who stuck their money on a failed scheme in Panama, The Lords were the ones blackmailed into signing by the Alien act with the threat of having their lands in England seized and the population starved to death...oh and their lost money back

I'll take handing over 15% of our sovereignty to the EU over the status quo any day of the week.

As for Spain. They will be told to sit down and shut the # up. We will be back in the Eu within months of gaining our independence, We already meet the criteria for joining and they will welcome us with open arms.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

We had that say in the referendum.

Its called The Right to Self-Determination and the British people determined to govern themselves rather than another sovereign body.

It really is that simple.

Then why not ask the British people to confirm the decision once we know what leave will actually entail?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk

But the process of leaving the EU would take 2 years from the moment article 50 was signed. Everybody knew that from day one.
While I agree times have changed, that doesn't mean you have another referendum.

People just have to except the result and work together to achieve it. No matter how much people moan and cry about it, it isn't going to change anyone's mind in the government. Tony Blair, Nick Clegg and John Major can swan around Europe all they want like a boyband, but it won't make any difference.

Why not have another referendum. Yet to hear any proper argument against it.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

When David Cameron called the referendum, at no time did he state that a second referendum would be called to confirm the result of the first referendum.

I know that, you know that and everyone else knows that. You are arguing a lost cause.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You didn't answer my question.
I knew what voting leave could potentially mean from remainer leaflets alone. I made an informed choice.
Are you saying you didn't understand what leaving the EU could mean when you voted?
I knew full well when I marked my X.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

When David Cameron called the referendum, at no time did he state that a second referendum would be called to confirm the result of the first referendum.

I know that, you know that and everyone else knows that. You are arguing a lost cause.

David Cameron doesn't get to make that decision any more than you or I do.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Key word being potentially. What is the argument over having a vote when we actually know?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join