It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If anyone is interesting I found this video today from Bloomberg about the effects that Brexit is going to have on our food industry.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If anyone is interesting I found this video today from Bloomberg about the effects that Brexit is going to have on our food industry.

PROJECT FEAR is still alive and well.

I remember George Osborne and his dire warning if the referendum resulted in leave, there would have to be an immediate Emergency Budget. It never happened.

Lets just wait and see shall we.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

edit on 22-9-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

This isn't project fear, these are actual facts.

Farmers are saying that they rely on migrant workers and with out them they don't have a workforce.

Its quite simple, its not project fear, project fear is some some sound-bite that vote leave like to to dismiss a very serious consequence of Brexit.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's already been discussed and going to be dealt with. Fruit pickers and farm workers from inside and outside the EU are going to be able to apply for a visa with that as one of the things they are coming for, it was talked about a few days ago on Skynews. It'll no doubt have a better name and all jazzed up but this is one of the arguments that remainers use not realising that an answer to this problem has already been proposed.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Shhhhhh don't tell people you knew and understood what you were voting for, it'll defeat their lie. I mean didn't you realise that anyone who voted out were clueless, idiots who have their head in the sand? Pfft next you'll be telling me that all leavers aren't horrible xenophobic monsters.

Sarcasm of course lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Farmers are saying that they rely on migrant workers and with out them they don't have a workforce

Maybe if they paid decent wages they would have a home grown workforce.

Farmers use workers from The E.U. because they will work for a pittance. Answer me this. How did farmers cope before we joined The E.U. ?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So true, the worst part is Scots who are demanding independence have no understanding that this wouldn't be independence, it's not what they vote is going to achieve the whole point is that they want to remain part of the EU (that being the Scottish government) so they would be leaving one union that pretty much saved their country from their debts (by joining the Union) and instead joining the EU not realising that Spain wouldn't let this happen because it would set a precedent that they don't want Madrid to follow.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol
You seem to have some romanticised notion that an independent Scotland will be some sort of idyllic utopia.
Guess what, the rich will still be screwing the ordinary men and women over and you won't have the English to blame then.

Oh, and those EU overlords will be dictating everything after they've stripped all authority away from democratically elected national assemblies.

Scotland would also have to apply for EU membership and that means they would have to adopt the Euro, the common asylum policy and other abominations.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yep, and the majority voted to leave the EU.
Unlucky.
I knew exactly what the potential outcomes were, including WTO rules if no fair deal could be struck. I voted leave with that in mind.

You won't get your second referendum by moaning on ATS though.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK....

You don't stop one by going tick tock on ATS either.
Haha I know, I'm using it as banter taking the piss with Soloprotocol after he did it in the run up to the Scottish independence referendum. I'm having a chuckle is all.

I'm happy facing whatever, I'm happy I voted leave. As I've said previously we will never find agreement on this...and that clock is still ticking...
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85
Lol yes, I knew what I was potentially voting for.
On a positive note that absolute statement by May yesterday about the future of my EU mates made me smile.
I always believed they would be safe but it's been confirmed now.
Let's see if the EU makes a similar declaration about UK nationals over there?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

And, just as a piece of general life advice: If you're in a relationship where your partner feels you should be punished for ending that relationship, it's probably not a healthy relationship for you.

A better analogy is a relationship spits up but one person thinks they should still be able to come in the house anytime, eat the food, use the toilet, kick the dog and still be friends with benefits. Yet doesn't want to pay any of the bills, and is surprised when the ex doesn't agree.

Yep, that definitely sounds like a toxic relationship. No wonder you guys are splitting up.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Lol, only 9 EU nations are net contributors, the rest are freeloading.
Britain just wants to be sovereign and work out a fair trade deal with the neighbours.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You are repeatedly preaching about democracy whilst passionately advocating failing to implement the result of a democratic ballot.

And you can't see the hypocrisy there??

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well I for one cant wait to experience my *erotic spasm*

*courtesy Vince Cable*
You'll have had to have seen his speech to get that!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You are repeatedly preaching about democracy whilst passionately advocating failing to implement the result of a democratic ballot.

I am not arguing that we don't implement the results of a ballot, arguing for another ballot to confirm that we as a nation want to go ahead once we know what is actually on offer.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Second referendum ain't happening...
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Second referendum ain't happening...
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

Pretty sure you don't get to make that decision.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Lol of course not, I never asserted that I influenced the outcome more a pisstake that you won't get what you want in my opinion lol.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am not arguing that we don't implement the results of a ballot, arguing for another ballot to confirm that we as a nation want to go ahead once we know what is actually on offer.

We clearly do want to leave by the fact that the referendum result said so. Are you trying to say that the people didn't know what they were voting for?
Despite what the MSM will tell you, we knew exactly what we were voting for.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sorry mate, we'll have to agree to differ.

Now isn't the time for petulant hissy fits - not that I'm saying you're having one, but some Remainers definitely are.

Now is the time to pull together and demand the change we want to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join