It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Oh I shall lad, I shall

No second EU referendum for you, now be a good boy and do as the UK tells you.
...no independence for you either lol

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The country whose borders are causing the problem for Brexit is the very

country forced to revote on the Lisbon treaty ..... further proof of the EU's

control.

A secret European Union plan to force Ireland to vote again on the Lisbon Treaty emerged yesterday.

French officials have penned an explosive document entitled 'Solution to the Irish Problem', in which they say the EU should push Ireland into re-running its referendum next year, opening the way for the treaty to come into force next year.

In return, Europe would offer Dublin a few promises, in a bid to ensure its people vote in favour of the treaty.
Critics say it is almost identical to the EU Constitution, rejected by the French and the Dutch in 2005.

Labour promised British voters a referendum on the constitution - but then reneged on their promise when it was re-fashioned as a treaty.
Ireland's support is vital because the Lisbon Treaty cannot come into force across the EU until all 27 countries have ratified it. Ireland was the only country which gave its voters a referendum.

The leaked document predicts that Ireland will cave in at a meeting of Europe's leaders next month, and agree to hold a second referendum next Autumn.

In return, the EU will guarantee that Ireland will not lose its own EU commissioner, and will make 'declarations' that Ireland's neutrality and stance on abortion will not be affected by the treaty.
The 'no' campaign claimed during the referendum campaign that Ireland's outlawing of abortion, unless the mother's life is in danger, was under threat if the treaty was passed.

The document says there will be 'a political declaration confirming that the Treaty of Lisbon does not jeopardise Irish neutrality, or the rule of unanimity on tax matters and will not oblige Ireland to modify its position on abortion.'

It adds: 'The second Irish referendum could take place, on this basis, during Autumn 2009, pushing back the coming into force of the Treaty of Lisbon until 2010.'

It was written by a senior EU official based in Paris who is a member of a group called Friends of the Lisbon Treaty.

Gordon Brown has cheated British voters of their say, By denying people any decision on this treaty he is actually undermining the EU's own democratic legitimacy. The least he can do now is make it absolutely clear that there must be no bullying of Ireland to get them to vote again.

'The right response to the Irish "no" vote is to abandon the Lisbon treaty altogether and call a total halt to the centralisation of power in Brussels.'

Neil O'Brien, of Eurosceptic think-tank Open Europe, said: 'The EU simply won’t take no for answer. They will make Ireland vote again and again until they are bullied into coming up with the so-called "right" answer.

'The British Government should be ashamed of itself for being part of the attempt to bully and isolate the Irish. The polls show that people in most other countries would say to the EU Treaty too. That’s why Gordon Brown is terrified of allowing us to have the vote on Europe which he promised at the last election.'

Nigel Farage, leader of the UK Independence Party, said: 'It's deja vu all over again. In Europe, yes means yes and no means: "We'll do it again later".'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nothing changes with the EU

Its THEIR way or NO WAY

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The daily Fail. The bastion of truth. Hurrah!!

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it? Those who voted to leave caused this mess, You and your stupid Tory party and racist opportunist pricks like Farage. Try growing a pair and take your share of the responsibility.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The country whose borders are causing the problem for Brexit is the very

country forced to revote on the Lisbon treaty ..... further proof of the EU's

control.

And they changed their minds. Do you have a problem with that?

After 800 years of British colonialism and barbarity, you expect the Irish to do the UK a Solid.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

First of all Solo, do you think being called a Sassenach is enough to provoke a response from an Englishman?
Sure, your use of the term was intended to be derogatory and inflammatory but we've heard that for donkeys years from the hordes of Scots who choose to desert Scotland and come to live in England.
We aren't Snowflakes who take offense easy, truly water off a ducks back.

Secondly; I'm no rabid English nationalist but what is the difference between English Nationalists and Scottish Nationalists?
Don't spout the crap about all English Nationalists being racists and Scottish Nationalists being patriots because its absolute bollocks and you know it, I know it and every single informed person on this site knows it.
So please explain, no hyperbole, the difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I take my share of responsibility, I voted leave.
You didn't get what you wanted, unlucky bonny lad.

Oh and I remembered this from you before the Scottish referendum haha, March is coming TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

No second EU referendum for you lmao
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I laughed at sassenach to be fair

...and the leave clock is still ticking away TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...
I'm loving giving that one back after he used it before his people voted to stay in the UK
edit on 22-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: stupid auto correct

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

After 800 years of British colonialism and barbarity, you expect the Irish to do the UK a Solid.

Which many Scots people took full advantage of and made obscene amounts of money.

Scotland is equally complicit as the rest of the constituent parts of the UK in its colonial past.

I don't expect Ireland, or any other country for that matter, to give the UK anything.....its just a shame the EU would rather compromise the peace process in Ireland in order to spite and punish the UK for daring to express its right to self-determination and democratically choose to govern themselves free from EU dictates.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

In the second vote Ireland voted 67% in favour so is a great example of why we should have a second referendum. Thanks for reminding us.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So the remainder thinks it’s a screw up

Let me guess have another vote 😂

Nah thanks

NO DEAL Hard Brexit

That’s what we voted for

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

No ...... not as long as its done without coercion and bullying.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
OOP's D/P

edit on 22-9-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Which many Scots people took full advantage of and made obscene amounts of money.

Scotland is equally complicit as the rest of the constituent parts of the UK in its colonial past.

I don't expect Ireland, or any other country for that matter, to give the UK anything.....its just a shame the EU would rather compromise the peace process in Ireland in order to spite and punish the UK for daring to express its right to self-determination and democratically choose to govern themselves free from EU dictates.

As i said, It's everyone else's fault but your own. The EU never kicked us out, Britain created the Border. You created the mess. Man up and take some responsibility. Enjoy your # at the side of the motorway.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Forensick

Car manufacturers want access to the largest market at the lowest entry cost. Nissan exports the majority of cars it makes in sunderland to the EU.

Given the choice of building cars in the EU and paying tariffs on a small % exported to the UK or building in the UK and paying on the majority what do you think they are going to choose?

Its not a small percent though, there are enough UK sales to warrant a manufacture, UK would not tax car exports, only Europe will tax their import to punish Britain.

The EU dont know if the UK will impose trade tariffs that are unfair, however me thinks that the UK would want fair trade, if we decide what is fair for us and not fair for Europe we will lose out. However the EU want to decide on both accounts, a monopoly on European goods movement....

The UK are one of the biggest contributors to NATO (outside of the US), we work well with Europe on many things and dont want to change that, all we want is to decide for ourselves which should be on a holistic level however the EU want to punish that because we dont want their idea of totalitarianism.

All this is, this whole Brexit debacle, is some but hurt Euros that we called them out. We dont need a EU, we could all get by without it and save billions in EU political costs.

If Greece need help sealing their borders they should be able to request that without France demanding they pay because at the end of the day it protects France and the UK and Eire. The EU is not needed. Its pointless.

The EU is like a business, when the auditors come in and tell them they are too top heavy, they assign the top heavy leeches to sort it out and it becomes more top heavy.

Its got to go and I support Brexit in the hope it assists the EU collapse. The EU is a parasite, corrupt self fulfilling tape worm with a radical agenda that should concern every member and the people they are meant to serve.

Disgraceful abuse of oxygen and borderline dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Sure, I don't like The Daily Mail...but using a headline from the paper printed in January 1934, well we'll just leave it at that shall we, I don't have to say any more, do I?

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it?

You're on a roll this morning Solo, truly pissing myself laughing.....this from the man who blames anyone else, usually the English, for all of Scotland's woes....you've brightened up my morning no end.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

No ...... not as long as its done without coercion and bullying.

You really couldn't make it up. Oh, the Irony. Britains crimes around the globe were far worse than Hitler and Stalin combined. You really should brush up on the shame of the british empire before you talk about Coercion and Bullying.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

We were not discussing the war, we were discussing Brexit.

Brexit has been discussed and decided by a referendum in June 2016.

The U.K. leaves The E.U. on Friday 29th March 2019. Do you not understand this ?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...
No second EU referendum for you bonny lad

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
a reply to: ScepticScot

No we voted on leaving the EU 2 years ago.

That's right. Did that vote not go the way you wanted?

Irreverent. Why are you so scared of democracy that you oppose having another vote.

I didn't think you were even from the UK (Canada?) So it can't be personal interest. Do you just oppose democracy in principle?

No, I'm just wondering why you want to nullify the results of a referendum. I'm guessing because it didn't turn out the way you wanted.

I want people to have the right to vote on accepting the final agreement. I want to make sure there is genuine public consent for the biggest change to the UK since the 1940s.

The only reason to oppose a second referendum seems to be fear of a different result.

You cannot vote on it, we voted to leave the EU, you cannot then go back and vote for the bits you want and dont want.

The vote to leave the EU should have been made clear that it was for a hard exit, it certainly was clear for me.

Seems now that the vote to leave (from the remainers) is to try and water that down by suggesting they didnt vote "for that".

I suggest you (I may be wrong) and every other person now wanting a second vote, voted to stay, now you are claiming you voted to leave "but not like this".

It was a vote for hard exit and those imbeciles in Europe can make a deal or lose 20% of their market.

Im sure China, South America, America and the East will fill the European 'gap'. I dont like Renault or french wine anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sure, I don't like The Daily Mail...but using a headline from the paper printed in January 1934, well we'll just leave it at that shall we, I don't have to say any more, do I?

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it?

You're on a roll this morning Solo, truly pissing myself laughing.....this from the man who blames anyone else, usually the English, for all of Scotland's woes....you've brightened up my morning no end.

Who else are we to blame for 300 years of plunder that continues to this day. Scotland will be Independent, It's inevitable, What the 55% don't realise is is that it'll be once our assets have run dry. Once the Oil and gas is gone we will be kicked from the so-called partner of equals.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join