It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No link between trans-inclusive policies and bathroom safety, study finds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

from the op article

The group Keep MA Safe, founded less than two weeks after Gov. Charlie Baker signed Senate Bill 2407 in July 2016, argues that the law will enable people with “evil intentions” to “prey on the vulnerable.”“This bill would endanger the privacy and safety of women and children in public bathrooms, locker rooms, dressing rooms, and other intimate places (such as common showers), opening them to whomever wants to be there at any given time, and also to sexual predators who claim ‘confusion’ about their gender,” Keep MA Safe Chairman Chanel Pruner stated on the organization’s website.

The organization succeeded in putting the Massachusetts Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination Veto Referendum on the ballot this November, making Massachusetts the first state to see a transgender nondiscrimination protection come up for a statewide vote.

sounds like everyone eligible to vote in mass will get to issue an opinion on the law
sounds to me like the best way to go for the people in that state

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

That isn't what the study is saying. It is saying that these laws don't cause an uptick in predators looking to perv on people in bathrooms. Just like the gun debate, perverts, being criminals, don't obey laws anyways. Nothing is really stopping them from entering whatever bathroom as it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: kaylaluv

Okay. Let's walk through this.

Example: Man walks into ladies room, pulls up skirt, shoves hand into pantyhose and plays with his penis in front of all the ladies present. Ladies complain. He denies. "I was just adjusting my lady penis. Why were they watching me???"

dunno how many ladies rooms YOU'VE been in, but i've been in thousands over the years and i've never seen anyone's genitals at all, and no one has seen mine. It's almost like people go in there to do their business and then they leave? WILD IF TRUE.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

some manly features?

Like a penis?

I don’t care much about bathrooms but locker rooms are a different story. Think of how many women have been raped and how traumatic being surprised by a penis (regardless of how “feminine”) in an area they feel safe would be for them.

I get why transgenders don’t want to go in the men’s locker room, high chance of getting their asses kicked, but a tiny minority shouldn’t get to make everyone else uncomfortable. Like it or not it makes the majority of people uncomfortable, the same way me walking around in a supermarket with my penis out would make people uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Open carry also makes people uncomfortable. Should we make a law preventing that as well?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Open carry

that has to be the most interesting way I have seen anything described in this thread

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

No it isn't. One person's experiences, pain, and anger isn't indicative of an entire community and you should feel bad for trying to propagate stereotypes. Yes, there are trans people angry at the overall cis general public for mistreatment and hatred, but that doesn't mean they all feel that way. Nor does it mean all the supportive texts they read suggest this.

Of course not all.... I'm very clearly referring to a very specific subgroup of trans people: Autogynephiles.

But don't pretend you don't know how vile and violent this group can be... And their viral memes... Like "Die Cis Scum" and "Punch a TERF" and let's not forget their attack on the "Cotton Ceiling" -- you know, all those transphobic lesbians who reject their lady penises...

And if you don't give a damn for the cis population, you should at least be concerned about the violence they inflict within the trans community itself (aka "Intimate Partner Violence").

Your virtue signalling is hurting most the people you purport to be championing.

Anyone interested in knowing the truth can search the above terms for themselves, and they'll find a plethora of horrifying examples.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

dunno how many ladies rooms YOU'VE been in, but i've been in thousands over the years and i've never seen anyone's genitals at all, and no one has seen mine. It's almost like people go in there to do their business and then they leave? WILD IF TRUE.

Indeed -- it is wild and true. The above scenario actually happened to a friend of mine... I've told the story here before.

And while I believe that you've never seen another's genitals in the ladies' room, I seriously doubt that you've never seen a woman adjust her slip or pantyhose in the ladies' room.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Manly features...after menopause,the hair from my legs settled on my upper lip,
does that count any?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Not to me. Something that trivial wouldn't bother me even if the woman used to be a man. I was asking you about your opinion though. I was more referring to more pronounced male characteristics that can't be easily changed with HRT or surgery like obvious broad shoulders, larger hands, large feet, etc.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

some manly features?

Like a penis?

I don’t care much about bathrooms but locker rooms are a different story. Think of how many women have been raped and how traumatic being surprised by a penis (regardless of how “feminine”) in an area they feel safe would be for them.

Do you think that someone taking hormone replacement to have female features would be proud of showing off their penis?

I get why transgenders don’t want to go in the men’s locker room, high chance of getting their asses kicked, but a tiny minority shouldn’t get to make everyone else uncomfortable. Like it or not it makes the majority of people uncomfortable, the same way me walking around in a supermarket with my penis out would make people uncomfortable.

If the trans person isn't doing anything wrong, their comfort levels are literally irrelevant penis or no penis.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have already stated my opinion,many times, on this board
about this topic.If you have a penis,you use the men's room.
You have a vagina you use the ladies room.
Those with sexual identity problems need to address these
issues with a professional therapist.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Of course not all.... I'm very clearly referring to a very specific subgroup of trans people: Autogynephiles.

But don't pretend you don't know how vile and violent this group can be... And their viral memes... Like "Die Cis Scum" and "Punch a TERF" and let's not forget their attack on the "Cotton Ceiling" -- you know, all those transphobic lesbians who reject their lady penises...

Let's not split hairs here. TERFs are no better with their hatred, and I definitely admitted that there are pissed off trans people too. I'm not hiding this fact.

And if you don't give a damn for the cis population, you should at least be concerned about the violence they inflict within the trans community itself (aka "Intimate Partner Violence").

Of course I'm concerned about violence, but this thread isn't about that. So bringing it up to strawman me about my lack of protest against it is disingenuous. Would you like me to start a thread about the battle between trans people and TERFs? Because I can. I've been on enough trans forums to know there is a bitter divide between the two groups of people, and hatred always breeds violence.

Your virtue signalling is hurting most the people you purport to be championing.

What? I posted a study saying that these bathroom laws don't lead to more criminals molesting children. You are literally making up my argument as you go along because I chastised you for stereotyping trans people.

Anyone interested in knowing the truth can search the above terms for themselves, and they'll find a plethora of horrifying examples.

I don't need to. I'm already well aware, but this thread isn't about the war between TERFs and trans people. For one, it isn't being fought in the public restrooms of our country.

PS: TERF is a derogatory slur that trans people use against gender critical feminists.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Wow,these are issues that I had no clue about at all...terfs?
This topic needs it's own thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Professional therapists tend to suggest going on HRT and transition to the gender they desire. Your suggestion here is decoupled from your stubborn refusal to acknowledge that even people born male but taking female hormones will look and behave feminine. As I've said, you can disapprove all you want, but that doesn't mean you can dictate where they take a piss.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Wow,these are issues that I had no clue about at all...terfs?
This topic needs it's own thread.

TERF stands for "trans exclusionary radical feminist". It's basically a liberal way of accusing someone of being WAAAAAY too feminist and hateful. TERFs and the trans community butt heads a lot because the TERFs don't think that trans women are really women and feel like they are just men acting out a fetish. There is a lot of hate on both sides, but I'm speaking as someone who is pro-trans so I'm a bit biased against TERFs. So this analysis may be the same. I tried to be neutral about it though, but TERFs grind my gears something fierce.
edit on 20-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I have already stated that you can pee anywhere you want.
But,if I am in that ladies room and a man walks in and there
are children present,I'm NOT leaving until he does.
This is the second time I have posted this reply.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Exactly. Its not a hard concept to grasp. Don't make your mental problems our problems.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xxGPxx

Excuse me,my mental problems? I don't have any mental problems!
If I did,I would never broadcast it online for the world to see.I don't
have a problem with my sexual identity.I was born a female and will
die being a woman.I only use the ladies room and would never enter
the men's room.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yes I know, but I was trying to get your idea on where you draw the line on that. You circle back around to the penis/vagina part, but other times you sound like you wouldn't care if the person looked like a woman but had a penis anyways. As long as she didn't wave it in you or your child's face you'd be good. If that's the case, then that's all I wanted to hear. Because frankly that's all that trans people want. It's not like they want perverts endangering your children either.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join