It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No link between trans-inclusive policies and bathroom safety, study finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well I will give you one thing.... it's a switch from the kavanaugh sexual abuse thing.....

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A new study about transgenders using the bathrooms of their aligned gender gives good evidence that all the fears about allowing transgenders into a bathroom of their choice has no real effect on endangering public safety

The people that worried about this are cowards by nature. Everything scares them.

I feel pity for them more than anything else. A life full of fear is no life at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: kaylaluv

Separate one-occupancy rooms are the absolute best way to be completely safe. For everyone.

For example, a predator could lock themselves inside with a victim -- with no chance for someone to walk in and interrupt the attack or otherwise thwart the assault.

That’s a risk most are willing to take in order to have their privacy. Single occupancy with cameras on the outside, watching who goes in and out. It’s the best option.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You didn't read the thread did you?

I did. The thread title is the clincher here. "Study finds no link between bathroom safety and transgendered"

But because of it, there is a safety problem!

There is more to the thread than just the title. Reading the title != reading the thread.

Sometimes all you need to do is read the title and ignore the thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If I were in their situation I'd walk into the bathroom of whatever I wanted. Laws be damned. I'd be smart about it though. If I was just starting out transitioning I'd go to the men's room. If I were more along the way and more androgynous it would depend on the clothes I'm wearing. And finally when done I'd walk into the women's bathroom. You'd never be the wiser either. And you know what? That's how MOST people these bills are targeted at behave. It's not an easy life. They aren't looking to make things more difficult for everyone else. They just want to be left alone.
edit on 20-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yep. It's a stupid issue to me that only exists because conservatives want to be offended. Yet here we are having to prove the obvious that trans people aren't looking to molest children while they go to the bathroom. SURPRISE! LGBTQ people STILL aren't perverts.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

To quote Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park,when you've gotta go you've gotta go.

I wouldn't deny anyone the use of facilities of any sex, Every human has a digestive system.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Yet here we are having to prove the obvious that trans people aren't looking to molest children while they go to the bathroom
It's a thankless job, thanks for your service.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I am a conservative and I am not being offended by this issue,more like
being disgusted by it.
I did read the entire thread,just not your article you posted in the op.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I'm sorry that you are disgusted by reality, but as they say, "the truth hurts." BTW, your pride in not reading my source article is why I was ignoring your post earlier.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Whatever. With all the times you insert my argument for me in other threads, I'm not really worried about the one time I've done it to you. Are you done talking about the OP topic now?

what a tool. admit to it, then justify it because. weaksauce.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Would you expect anything different?
I would not.
tlb

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I am disgusted by the issue because I am sick and tired of it!
Some people wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the behind.
Some people are like broken records and just keep playing the same
part over and over again.Maybe their reasoning is if they speak it long
enough it will become true.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Well it isn't going away. These people want respect too. They deserve respect. So regardless of your disgust they are going to get it whether you like it or not. That is the American way. We are all have the right to pursue happiness.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You've gotta fight for your right to potty! The American way,deserve respect,
demand respect,force respect,pursue happiness,no rules of conduct,no decency,
allow men in women bathrooms,allow women in men bathrooms...crazy stuff.

As far as I am concerned,you can pee where ever you want.But, if I am in that
ladies room and a man walks in and there are children present,I am not leaving
until that man does!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

That’s a risk most are willing to take in order to have their privacy. Single occupancy with cameras on the outside, watching who goes in and out. It’s the best option.

Well, I wish you luck in that and hope society adopts it as an option for everyone. It's much better than forcing men into the ladies room.

And despite all your insults and snide remarks, the problem isn't "freak" trans or "icky" trans people.... That's in YOUR head. The problem are freaky perverts and icky rapists. And it was a self-identified transperson right here on ATS who told me they didn't give a damn how many women and children were hurt because they had experienced a "lifetime" of pain at cis hands, so we all deserve it.

And that attitude is echoed across trans-friendly websites. And much worse.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Do you. You have a right to protect your children from harm real or imagined. I'm not trying to take that away from you. Though there is a CLEAR difference between a man in a dress and a transgender woman on hormones. Especially if that woman has the courage to be out in public dressed as a woman. Are you adult enough to know the difference or would you judge that woman as a man too just because she may have some manly features?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
And it was a self-identified transperson right here on ATS who told me they didn't give a damn how many women and children were hurt because they had experienced a "lifetime" of pain at cis hands, so we all deserve it.

And that attitude is echoed across trans-friendly websites. And much worse.

No it isn't. One person's experiences, pain, and anger isn't indicative of an entire community and you should feel bad for trying to propagate stereotypes. Yes, there are trans people angry at the overall cis general public for mistreatment and hatred, but that doesn't mean they all feel that way. Nor does it mean all the supportive texts they read suggest this.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So the law makes it easier for predators to enter gender neutral bathrooms and assault people. But because the attacks aren't specifically done by "transgender" people it's all good.

Really people?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
the number of republican senators embroiled in public bathroom scandals far outweighs the number of trans people in similar. i think our bathrooms should be divided politician/non-politician, and obviously there have to be guards outside every toilet, 24/7 to check your employment papers to make sure you're allowed to use the toilet you're walking into.
sounds like a great system and not screwed up, not one tiny little bit.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join