It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No link between trans-inclusive policies and bathroom safety, study finds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't even believe that you believe your tripe.

The man with a penis who would otherwise be arrested for invading a private space for the purposes of watching and gawking while a woman undresses, etc., now just has to pretend he identifies as a woman and he has a free pass to do exactly that.

And you know it.

No one has the right to watch and gawk while another woman undresses, including a woman with a vagina.

And you know it.
edit on 19-9-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Fair enough, show me an enumerated right in the Constitution that grants anyone the right of confirmation. IT'S NOT THERE. That's what we are talking about here.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So let’s just step all over them because we think they’re icky. We apparently have the right constitutionally, so it’s all good.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Okay. Let's walk through this.

Example: Man walks into ladies room, pulls up skirt, shoves hand into pantyhose and plays with his penis in front of all the ladies present. Ladies complain. He denies. "I was just adjusting my lady penis. Why were they watching me???"

Example: Man enters ladies' showers and watches ladies undress and shower as he does the same... And masturbates right there in the showers with them. Ladies complain. He denies it. "I was just washing my lady penis.... They must have been watching ME!!! I'm the victim!!!"

How do the ladies prove otherwise? For what would they be arrested? Explain to me how that would go....

And please don't compare predatory men to lesbians. There is no comparison and its a gross disservice to lesbians.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is one of the stupidest argument going these days.

The problem can be easily solved to everyone's satisfaction by requiring either private, one occupant bathrooms or adding an additional bathroom that is open to any gender. Easy to do and everyone gets what they want.

If Transgenders are opposed to that, it would mean they specifically want to be in bathrooms with people who have the other genders genitals for some reason and a private bathroom won't do. What other reason could there be?

Everyone needs to knock off the nonsense and solve this with alternative bathrooms. With such an easy solution, it's just crap arguments going on. Its time to use common sense and move on and end the stupid argument.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It would go the same way if a man is in the men’s dressing area, and he masturbates while watching a teen boy change clothes. Will he get away with it by saying he was just adjusting his penis? How would the teen prove otherwise? For what would he be arrested?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think trans people would be fine with private, one occupant bathrooms. No one wants to spend the money on re-doing all public bathrooms. Lots of money involved there.

I would also love private, one occupant bathrooms, by the way. Let’s get ‘em built!

Oh, and private, one occupant dressing rooms too. With a private shower in each one. That would be AWESOME!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Cute that you bring a teenage boy into the equation...

Except in the MEN's room, there is a much greater chance of other MEN being present with the comparable muscle mass and brute strength to deter and STOP any such behavior, thus greatly decreasing the opportunity and inclination for any such incident.

That's not so in a ladies room. The danger is only increased exponentially.

And it's a "he said/she said" situation, because everything done is now "legal."

Until it's not. Because the predator's behavior will escalate. But then it's too late.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Boadicea because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So you’re saying that there are no instances of men molesting boys in restrooms or dressing rooms?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

In the end it is the best solution. They could be any gender, but one occupant at a time. It's been suggested all along, so why the argument? Is it because solving it would take them out of the spotlight and it would take away a political tool?

You know that has always been suggested I'm sure. Here it was one of the first things suggested and apparently it's not good enough for the activists.

The whole country has a bad case of the sillies going on. The truth is it's really about being the center of attention and using it as a political weapon. It was never about bathrooms.
edit on 9/19/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I said what I meant and meant what I said:

Except in the MEN's room, there is a much greater chance of other MEN being present with the comparable muscle mass and brute strength to deter and STOP any such behavior, thus greatly decreasing the opportunity and inclination for any such incident.

On another note, happy to see that you agree with the third option another poster suggested -- funny you didn't agree when I suggested it. Oh well...

I'll gladly support and encourage a third option that doesn't violate the rights or persons of others.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Why can't people just mind their own business and let people go where they please? Then prosecute the few rule breakers as we've always done.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don’t like the idea of a bathroom specifically for the “freaks”.

Separate, one occupancy rooms for Everyone is fair. We’ll have to raise school taxes to pay for the modifications for all public schools, and retail establishments may have to charge for use of their facilities in order to pay for all of it, and employers may have to reduce employee salaries (or reduce raises) to pay for it, but I’m okay with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why can't people just mind their own business and let people go where they please? Then prosecute the few rule breakers as we've always done.

Because trans people are icky.

These laws were originally enacted in the northern states mostly to protect trans students in public schools, as well as trans people whose employers refused to let them use the restroom they identified with. Nobody had a problem with the laws - they were working fine. Then, a few of the more liberal big cities in the red South started passing the same laws, and conservatives threw a fit. They had just lost the gay marriage fight, and they couldn’t stand losing this one too, hence the “think of the children” argument.

I know you know all this, so not really speaking to you directly, just making a general statement.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's wrong with my suggestion, which really is not my suggestion, it's been offered as a solution all along and rejected?

Isn't it truly about being the center of attention and a political tool? Be honest now. If all they want is a safe bathroom they do not need to force themselves on people who are not comfortable with it, do they?

I don't think people who are paying attention and have average critical thinking skills are falling for the nonsense. Everyone has the right to public facilities I agree, but everyone does not have the right to force themselves on people who don't want people with male genitals sharing a bathroom with their wives or daughters. That is clearly what's being demanded since logical solutions are rejected so readily.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

No... Not a bathroom for "freaks".... And sure not the word that would even enter my head in this regard.

Much simpler and much more practical: "Men," "Women," and "Unisex."

And simple re-purposing -- converting existing spaces and plumbing -- isn't too expensive or difficult. New construction could design it right into the plan.

Everyone will have exactly the same choice: Use the bathroom for the genitals you came with OR use the unisex bathroom.

That's reasonable, practical, and fair for everyone.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Boadicea because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

No... Not a bathroom for "freaks".... And sure not the word that would even enter my head in this regard.

Much simpler and much more practical: "Men," "Women," and "Unisex."

And simple re-purposing -- converting existing spaces and plumbing -- isn't too expensive or difficult. New construction could design it right into the plan.

Everyone will have exactly the same choice: Use the bathroom for the genitals you came with OR use the unisex bathroom.

That's reasonable, practical, and fair for everyone.

Unisex - a dog whistle for “the freaks”. No thanks. Separate rooms for everyone. I don’t like sharing a bathroom or dressing room with anyone, no matter what gender or gender identity they are - and there are millions of women who feel the same way I do. The expense is justified.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Now we're hearing imaginary whistles in perfectly cromulent words? Just keep redefining words to suit your purposes?

I don't like using public or multiple occupancy bathrooms either. In fact, if I have my druthers, I always want MY bathroom... So I exercise my right to order my life to do exactly that.

And when it doesn't work out that way, I appreciate having safe public accommodations to serve my NEEDS. Not my personal wants and preferences. And I have no right to demand anything more of anyone.

That's life. That's how it should be.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes, we all NEED to feel safe. You, me, trans females, trans males. Anytime you have an open room where multiple people can come in, you risk someone bad coming in and hurting or molesting you.

Separate one-occupancy rooms are the absolute best way to be completely safe. For everyone.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Separate one-occupancy rooms are the absolute best way to be completely safe. For everyone.

Nope. No such thing as completely safe.

For example, a predator could lock themselves inside with a victim -- with no chance for someone to walk in and interrupt the attack or otherwise thwart the assault.

There are no perfect options. All we can do is figure out our best options.... Optimizing safety and minimizing risks for everyone.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join