It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No link between trans-inclusive policies and bathroom safety, study finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xxGPxx
a reply to: kaylaluv

Being able to identify a tranny was never part of my argument, but good try though

Also we're not gonna pretend that the majority of trans people have undergone complete transformations, because that's definitely not the case

The only way laws prohibiting trans people from going to their identified gender restroom can ever by enforced, is when it’s known for sure they are trans. The only way to know for sure that someone is trans is when they have officially told someone. The last photo in my post is of a born female who identifies as female. There is no way anyone would know that without checking in her pants.

If a person with a full beard walks into the women’s room, women are gonna freak - but that person might be a trans male who still has a vagina. How comfortable are the women going to be when they don’t know that?

This is not as simple as you think.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So we’re gonna do dna tests on everyone before they go to the bathroom?

No, but if one is caught breaking the law or suspected of it, then the tests would be a good tool to use as evidence in the court case, ya?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Easy answer: third bathrooms for "other,"

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Exactly what I was about to say, and the same can be used to prove the innocence of those who do use the right bathroom but are accused otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, but if one is caught breaking the law or suspected of it, then the tests would be a good tool to use as evidence in the court case, ya?

So the guy with the full beard and penis who was born a female and had the full surgery, will be forced to go to the women’s room because of the female dna? And the woman with boobs and a vagina who was born a male and had the full surgery, will be forced to go to the men’s room?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And how do we monitor and enforce who should go into “other”?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The same way we do now. Just be honest. You got your OWN bathroom so nobody is uncomfortable. If you get caught breaking the rules then be ready to face the consequences .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So the guy with the full beard and penis who was born a female and had the full surgery, will be forced to go to the women’s room because of the female dna? And the woman with boobs and a vagina who was born a male and had the full surgery, will be forced to go to the men’s room?

Yes, or use the third option if that ever becomes legit.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xxGPxx

The same way we do now. Just be honest. You got your OWN bathroom so nobody is uncomfortable. If you get caught breaking the rules then be ready to face the consequences .

Then the laws should be that if you are a law-abiding trans person who isn’t out to hurt anyone, you can go to the bathroom that you identify with. If you hurt someone, you should be charged, no matter what gender you identify with. Problem solved. You do know that men sometimes molest young boys in the men’s room, right? It’s against the law, and if caught, those men are put away. We’ve already got laws dealing with people who do bad things to other people.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I can find lots of pics of big, ugly, mannish-looking women - who were born women and identify as women.

Well golly gee... If it ain't about looks, then why are you posting pretty pics asking which bathroom they should use?

Seems to me its ALL about looks and other superficialities.

Are we going to stop all of them and check their panties, just to make sure?

It's disturbing that your mind would even go there... And all to force penises (including penises attached to violent predators) into the ladies' room.

If some folks want/need another option, we can give it to them without putting anyone's person in jeopardy by increasing criminal opportunity.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

First, you're talking fairy tale nonsense. There is no such thing as a "man who was born a woman." That's a modern invention of tomfoolery, not an actual scenario. There are those who believe they're someothing other than what genetics and science show they are... nothing more, nothing less. I could as legitimately wake up tomorrow, say I identify as a brown bear, and demand the fish hatchery allow me into the salmon stock tanks to fatten up for my winter hibernation.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Criminals don’t follows laws - at least that’s what I’m told regarding common sense gun regulations. Murder is already against the law. So is sexual assault.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Of course, I expect such an ignorant response from you. I know you’d like to go back to the 50’s, when blacks and women knew their place, gays stayed in the closet, and no one even knew trans people existed. Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Of course, I expect such an ignorant response from you. I know you’d like to go back to the 50’s, when blacks and women knew their place, gays stayed in the closet, and no one even knew trans people existed. Good luck with that.

Uhm, I never mentioned blacks, women, or gays here... you're connecting dots where none exist. Is your position really so tenuous and ineffectual that you need to turn a disagreement based on science versus feels into a hyperbolic quagmire reflecting multiple issues not even topical to this discussion?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not once did I mention laws... But these laws do in fact and in deed create increased opportunity for predatory behavior. Once the color of law allows predators into private spaces, it makes some violations "legal" -- such as any voyeurism and exhibitionism laws, as well as lewd and lascivious behavior. It's all good (for the perverts) once they're given permission to do so.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Once the color of law allows predators into private spaces, it makes some violations "legal" -- such as any voyeurism and exhibitionism laws, as well as lewd and lascivious behavior. It's all good (for the perverts) once they're given permission to do so.

No, it doesn’t.

By that logic, we are giving male predators permission to molest young boys in the men’s room, because we allow men to go into the men’s room.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I could talk about what the mainstream medical community says regarding gender dysphoria all day long, and you’d just respond with “the medical community is a bunch of pc liberals”. I’ve had these kinds of discussions before with people like you, so I know exactly how it ends up.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You've had those discussions with me directly, Kayla. My point has always been that we don't need to be altering traditional laws and rules to appease the feels of, what, less than 3% of the population? Genetically and scientifically, we're talking about people beliefs and feelings here. Nothing more. I'm not saying that they're crazy, but at the same time I am saying that they prescribe to a reality which can only be proven within the confines of their own skulls and it is foolish (and disingenuous) to demand society appease them by joining into that imagined reality. Outside their heads, those who are expected to look at someone who is a man and say "They say they're a woman, so I believe they're a woman" are being expected to lie to themselves... which, if I'm not mistaken, was the crux of the whole complaint years ago... that trans people were upset because they were being expected to lie to themselves and believe what everyone could see rather than what they alone felt/saw inside their own heads.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I don't even believe that you believe your tripe.

The man with a penis who would otherwise be arrested for invading a private space for the purposes of watching and gawking while a woman undresses, etc., now just has to pretend he identifies as a woman and he has a free pass to do exactly that.

And you know it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That 3% are citizens just like everyone else, and they are no less important than anyone else. Your attempts to marginalize them are obvious, and it’s obvious that you don’t understand them. It’s also obvious you have no willingness to try and understand them. Hence, my previous post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join