It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Madison -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here we go again.
Another active shooter

www.jsonline.com...

From what I'm getting from social media there are over 50 police there, and Fbi and the entire area and schools are on lockdown.
Several ambulances have left.

Everyone wants to always point to guns, and yes there was a gun used.
What is often overlooked is what is making these people crack??? I think the state of mental health in our country need immediate review.

How bad is it that people want to come back and kill their coworkers/bosses etc?
I've worked at a lot of place and have worked with some truly awful people (seriously some real dbags), but wanting to kill them? never

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What is often overlooked is what is making these people crack??? I think the state of mental health in our country need immediate review.

It's a little less mental health, and a lot more the fact people have a limit on how long they can be treated like crap, and still be forced to squeeze out a smile and put up with some idiot's ca ca.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They're not releasing ANY INFO on the shooter yet.

You know what that means.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I would take those odds to Vegas any day...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

He is white and probably sought mental health treatment in the past?

Just a guess.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Was it another case of SSRI strikes again?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Right now 4 people injured and suspect in critical condition.
Everything else is mum!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looks like 5 victims and so far all non fatal. This includes the shooter. Looks like workplace violence or maybe some sort of domestic situation. As of now, no deaths reported.

witness to the shooting who works for WTS Paradigm but asked not to be named told the Wisconsin State Journal the shooter was a company employee.

Some sort of software company. Shooter is critical but other injuries are thankfully non fatal

madison.com...

edit on 9/19/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 9/19/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 9/19/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

it means we speculate, with great prejudice.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Take those odds to Vegas with your belt-fed machine gun in tote?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
1) why do you think made mental health state decrease so much that people now want to shoot people all the time?

2) the post opens with here we go again. Would you please do this for ever mass shooting in Chicago. One might have to quit their filial time job to report on the mass shootings that happen in Chicago

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

1) I don't know why people are snapping but here are my thoughts:
the decay of family, everyone is overworked, lack of real food, social bonds,
everything is work work work try to survive now. The other aspect are people are taking a lot of meds these days,
a lot of stuff is mind altering. It even says on side effect on a lot of them.

2) I see Chicago differently (keep in mind I am from Chicago)
The vast majority of crime there is drug / gang related. I guess you can call it mass shooting too, but it is a different kind of mass shooting. Most people don't care if gang bangers or drug dealers get shot, if anything let them all die. I do see concern when innocent people are caught in the crossfires, such as children. When mass shooting like Madison occur we are concerned because it is not normally a place that violence happens, and those people are seen as decent not crime committing people.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I never went through the federally mandated background check and licensing requirements in order to purchase a belt fed machine gun.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

2) I see Chicago differently (keep in mind I am from Chicago)
The vast majority of crime there is drug / gang related. I guess you can call it mass shooting too, but it is a different kind of mass shooting. Most people don't care if gang bangers or drug dealers get shot, if anything let them all die. I do see concern when innocent people are caught in the crossfires, such as children. When mass shooting like Madison occur we are concerned because it is not normally a place that violence happens, and those people are seen as decent not crime committing people.

How is it different? Aren't a lot of innocent people caught up in the gang violence?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Jesus.
It's abundantly clear that we need to start reevaluating the state of mental health care in this country.
Needless to say, that will never happen because "ZOMG GUNS!". The agenda will continue to be pushed, and more and more laws will be made restricting even the sanest, most responsible gun owners in the country.

I'm sorry to politicize this tragedy. But that's my 2 cents.

To the families and loved ones of those affected, my heart goes out to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

They are waiting for all us old people to die before they really start changing things.

When I was growing up, guns were everywhere. I mean everywhere. They were in school, at home, at work etc.
We played cops and robbers with guns. We had pop caps, bb guns. We could bring play guns to school and nothing would happen. During the hunting time of year kids did not attend school and the school would let it slide.
I don't remember anyone going nuts and shooting anyone back then.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Right now 4 people injured and suspect in critical condition.
Everything else is mum!

Update: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh my goodness, not another!!! C'mon

top topics

join