It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Experiment deprivation from birth.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have always wondered what would happen if you took a Human from birth and secluded it from all external stimuli as it grew up How would it developed and would it know that there's an outside world that it's missing?

The subject would be kept only with a robot to look after it and only Items you can build things from like blocks and such.

What would it dream about?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Truly makes me sad just thinking about it, really.

Emotion? Compassion? Human Touch?
Yeah, don't want to think about everything they might lack.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've spent a month in solitary confinement.
It takes some effort to remain relatively sane.
I could have used a robot friend.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It would be a savage. There is almost no physical or mental difference between you today and a human from 20,000 years ago

The difference is our collective knowledge,ability to communicate rapidly and over long distance.
It would most likely just die of some mundane infection like everyone did 20000 years ago.
a reply to: Gargoyle91

edit on 19-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It would adapt.
We don't miss what we've never had.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've had this exact thought in my mind, I'm sure it's been done before for research purposes. There's a lot of messed up things people are willing to do for research and discovery purposes.

One thing I am curious though is will it come up with a god concept without any human influence?
edit on 19-9-2018 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It sounds a bit like something Dr Mengele would have done if he had more time. Hopefully, you don't think that was a compliment.

If this is really what you spend your time thinking about, seek help.
edit on 19-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Genie is an interesting case.

Depriving a child has dramatic effects on early childhood development. Doing so in a controlled experiment would be evil in an ethical sense.

If you excluded them from external stimuli altogether, they would surely die.

edit on 19-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I have always wondered what would happen if you took a Human from birth and secluded it from all external stimuli as it grew up How would it developed and would it know that there's an outside world that it's missing?

The subject would be kept only with a robot to look after it and only Items you can build things from like blocks and such.

What would it dream about?

Ive pondered this in various ways.

Sad yes, but curious as well. I'm going to say that it's probably been done by some government at some point.

What if you told that child that they had magic and could do whatever they thought about... wonder if mind over matter would actually work? No doubt surely has been learned, so maybe?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Curiosity and action are two different things.

Humans dream up all.kinds of theories, ideas, concepts etc. What differentiates us is wether or not we act on those thoughts.

To judge a person based on thoughts or ideas they have not acted upon is the same as judging a person based on their feelings.

Sure a person could be curious about a scenario they would never partake in. There's no crime or malice in that.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Human curiosity and many of our human traits have basis in genetic knowledge. So Humans would start to make tools to do what they needed to do. If there was something to hammer on the observation area, they would pick it up and use it as a tool to try to get free. A rabbit can get acclimated more to a caged environment as well as many other animals, but humans have higher reasoning as their age increases. Remember, if a pig got to be eighteen years old, in that time it would develop more intelligence, but pigs are slaughtered when they are less than a year old. A three month old meat chicken does not develop intelligence much before slaughter, but a chicken five or six years old gets pretty smart because it is older. Time actually causes a gain in wisdom or intelligence, I notice that in our cats, they are pretty smart after their hormones start to go down...hormones can interfere with our ability to reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
It sounds a bit like something Dr Mengele would have done if he had more time. Hopefully, you don't think that was a compliment.

If this is really what you spend your time thinking about, seek help.

People with inquisitive minds think about all sorts of things. It doesn't mean we agree with them. It doesn't make us bad people. If I want to sleep at night and can't seem to go under, I imagine sitting on the edge of a black hole and ponder it. Does that make me strange? Do I need to see a shrink?

Judge not lest ye be judged.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Already happened.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lykan

Curiosity and action are two different things.

Morbid curiosity is often a thing for most people. I find this particular morbid curiosity a bit more morbid than most. JMO. I find it unpleasant to ponder the thought of people suffering under the cruelty of others. Maybe that's just me.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

How would they know that they were suffering if they did not have anything to compare their situation with ?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I dont think it would make much difference.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The wiki said he was a fraud, wrote the notes him self,invented his own fake origin story, then stabbed himself to death.
Alllllll righty then.

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

I'm really curious about it's dreams we could answer if Human DNA carry's Human memory's , If it dreams of places fields or forest and such .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I have always wondered what would happen if you took a Human from birth and secluded it from all external stimuli as it grew up

That's how they make politicians. How else do you think they manage to be so out of touch with people?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

I believed in and knew there was God, or a higher power, before I experienced any influence at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join