It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Will Kill Thanos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

He's the rabbit.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

this is so insane

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I like thanos. He made some sense. A growing universe with overpopulation in areas will equal more war. Granted.. He was a torturing war-mongering idealist.

Cool villain though. You can understand his motives at least. I skipped a lot of marvel movies because of lack of story / comedy.

This one had some comedy and good story. Hopefully they continue in this direction. Guardians of the galaxy is the best superhero movie too

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

No, Thanos didn't make sense.

It just means you buy into Malthusian ideas. The problem is that they gave Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet which can do anything. So Thanos's perceived "solution" was limited in its scope. You can tell the writers think like typical Malthusians.

"Oh, the resources of the world are a limited pie ..."

Nevermind that they gave their supervillain a thing which can create as much as it can destroy. Duh! So since Thanos is not limited to destruction, he could have created more instead of vaporizing half the people in the universe. The Infinity Gauntlet could manage either one - create plenty or what Thanos did.

The only possible reason why, therefore, Thanos chose to destroy is then because he's simply a murderous bastard and not for any noble reason. That's just a rationalization he told himself. If you believe he's right, perhaps you ought to check your darker urges.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point.But I don't think he depopulated because he wanted pain and despair.. He had a set idea on how to fix the universe. His final wish was a follow-through. You can call him small minded, but his final act wasn't one of evil intentions.

Also, is what he did that bad? Say the choice was only between depopulation or doing nothing. Overpopulation always creates problems.

I would certainly depopulate the earth if given the chance to do it without pain or bias.

We are an ever-increasing population. 100x more pain and hardship will occur compared to just random blink-of-a-eye depopulation.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Rocket Will Kill Thanos

Captain Marvel kicks Thanos arse.

How many women here would’ve been offended if Captain Marvel was still a guy ?

If anything she's a illegal Alien from a parallel world.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS - (though really, it's my own guesswork)

He’s “died” 3 or 4 times so far. I think it’s a safe bet he ain’t dead this time.

Yeah, folks seem to forget he's the god of trickery. Thanos killed an Asgardian meat popsicle made to LOOK like Loki. (it was a good play, the only way to make Thanos think he was dead.) Loki is many things, but he's not an idiot. He would never try to go toe to toe with an obviously superior foe in combat. I think he's very much alive.

It's going to be cheesy, but I think Thanos will die at the hands of the combined might of the heroes involved. (that way, Marvel can safely have none of the heroes as the "killer").

Ant Man's Quantum Realm and related technology is likely going to come into play (for our heroes to go to the 90's). I have a feeling that Strange actually sent the Time stone back in time (to the 90's, aka Captain Marvel), and it was actually already active when he gave it to Thanos (which ended up short circuiting his gauntlet when he did the snap). That was the alternative Strange saw as the only way they can win, when he looked at all the possibilities.

I think Stark is going to tweak the Pimm tech to make devices like the regulator, that allow them to all go back in time. I think this is why the Captain Marvel movie is set in the 90's, so that they can plant a lot of things in there for the eventual sequel to Infinity War, and have them in place. So when it comes out, we'll be able to see little hints they were there.

I'm assuming we'll see some flashback scene where Strange was briefed on some of the more major world threats that occurred, so that's how he's aware of Marvel's deeds in the past. (maybe even something they do in Infinity War keeps the events of the Captain Marvel movie, from even happening....hence why nobody in the current Infinity War universe recalls a PREVIOUS alien invasion of Earth....

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If anything she's a illegal Alien from a parallel world.

Is she though? Why does Fury know of her then? Why couldn't she be from this world?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thanos changes it back.
Dr Strange saw all the outcomes and knew the Avengers losing and Thanos' daughter dying was the only way to have the 1 outcome where they survive.
He mentioned this one chance at winning when he viewed all possible outcomes.

edit on 16-11-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What would motivate him to change it back? He gave up his daughter willingly.

The time stone was glowing when Strange gave it to Thanos...meaning it was active. I think that's a key.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
A stand alone movie of rocket would be pretty cool. But he is pretty much part and parcel part of that whole guardians of the galaxy thing. So! There would not be much to go beyond that.

And anyways, I think in one of the comic stories, on Thanos, he is defeated. The way he usually is defeated, he defeats himself. I think in one of the storie arks. Literally he becomes god, does not only kill half the universe, but everybody and everything in the universe, then wipes out all stars and everything as well, and becomes God with a capital G, or the one above all, the all powerful and all knowing and knows the meaning of it all, and all that jumbo.

And the way he is defeated in that story ark? From what I remember. He gets bored of existing forever and the tedious work of being God, cant handle the job and all the knowledge of it, so he restores everything back to the way it was, because he could not think of a better plot to the universe then the one that was already set in place.

But since this is Hollywood. I am pretty sure that in a moment of weakness he will somehow get distracted, and trip over a peanut, and somehow lose his shiny gauntlet and his magical powers of infinity, and everything will be all honky dorry after that. In fact that was not the actual plot in the infinity war comics as well?

Oh well, we will see I suppose.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
What would motivate him to change it back? He gave up his daughter willingly.

He hadn't experienced his grief yet, but Dr Strange saw if they didn't stop him succeeding and to NOT try save Thano's daughter was the only way for them to be saved in the end.

He said "we are in the endgame now" then died. New movie is called endgame. That moment in Infinity Wars was the key imo.
In the meantime, I'll just leave this teaser here...

twitter.com...

edit on 7-12-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Scott Lang appears on the monitor and Capt. America asks if this in an old message.
Natasha replies that it's at the front door, but at the top left of the screen it says 'archive.'
A clue?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ant-Man survived the culling I think because he entered the Subatomic Realm just before Thanos did the deed but he was stuck, maybe he got a message out somehow bypassing time .... We are dealing with Quantum so they can pretty much make science shiz up and peeps won't argue

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You think thats what Dr. Strange saw that AntMan could be their life line?

Or did he see Captain Marvel?

edit on 7-12-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think he saw Thanos' grief for his daughter so the Avengers unknowingly had to let her die.
edit on 7-12-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Sadboi Clique 2019

edit on 7-12-2018 by Lysergic because: holy macaroni

edit on 7-12-2018 by Lysergic because: suck at the sizes these days haha

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yes even evil daddy's can be sad and have regret.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Stark will build him a suit and we will see 'Iron Coon.'

I so want to see this.... Though Rocket could likely build it too....as long as he gets that guy's leg.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join