It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Instant divorce, Beetlejuice style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
m.timesofindia.com...

So apparently if you happen to be Muslim and in India you could divorce your wife on the spot by chanting “talaq,talaq,talaq” this has been recently changed to no longer be a valid method of divorce helping to empower the wives caught in this system. They at least voted in favour of it abolishment.

Reminds me of the office episode where Micheal declares bankruptcy but literally shouting “I DECLAIR BANKRUPTCY!”

Beetlejuice!Beetlejuice!Beetlejuice!

What do you guys think?
edit on 19-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I am sure some people that went through lengthy divorces wishes it was that easy.

Good for them though. It is a step in the right direction to not pass this into law.

It is crazy to think the freedoms they don't have. So many people protesting and fighting in America right now for more equal rights. Not saying what they are doing is wrong, just things like this make you realize that you have it much better than others.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Lol yea i bet a lot of people wish they could Beetlejuice their divorce away especially in our western culture.

I feel this is a great move because over there Ive been led to believe the girls get the supremely short end of stick in a divorce.

a reply to: headorheart

edit on 19-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good to know if I find myself being a Muslim in India.
Here in Texas all you have to do is crank this song up really loud on karaoke night at the local dive.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If I find myself meeting those conditions I’ve had a hell of bender🤷‍♂️
a reply to: skunkape23

top topics

join