It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo! Lighten up Yall! Let this Prech'a Tech'ya.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I debated posting this in the jokes section, but hey! It has a message. What do you think of Christian Rap? Should Christian music be "Christian" or is it fine to have fun with it.? I personally think it's hilarious, but I'm willing to bet that there are some here who will be offended. Well, stop reading and watch the video.

Baby Got Book

EDIT: The site is experiencing high traffic right now. If you can't get in, then try again in a min. (Missing picture is a good indicator)

[edit on 23-2-2005 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well, the demand for the video appears to be off the scale. I found another site hosting the video. The resolution's not quite as good, but it still may not be dial-up safe.

Baby Got Book

"39 + 27 = 66 books, and if your Catholic, there's even more"

Direct Link To Original (13.5 MB)

[edit on 23-2-2005 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why have we culturalized Jesus Christ?

peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That is quite possibly more disturbing than anything religious I have ever seen.

Have the christians gone back to torture now????

I will add that I laughed....

"so your girl likes paper back...well I aint down with that"

[edit on 2/23/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with Christian's having fun. I used to be in one of those churches where fun and Christian didn't mix. (Past tense) Actually my parents would probably cringe if they saw this. Find the verse in the Bible that says you can't rap.

My favorite line...
"Ladies....Ladies! Do you wanna save people from Hades?"

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yea, thats what everything is about now, having fun. Chuch is not about having fun, its about recieving the Lord our God in communion and building a relationship with him on our
way to getting as close to him as possible, and becoming saints, like literal angels on earth for him.

Fun will exist after death, true fun. theres enough nonsense on earth you can have fun doing, but mixing it in with churc where you go to
worship your God is just not right.

thats how it is today, alot of people don't believe in heaven and need to have as much fun as they can in this world because after that its over.

" where does it say you can't rap in the bible "

It doesn't. Its probably not a mortal sin or anyting, its just foolish, no need for it. Its like the bible is to corny on its own, so they need to make it hardcore or tough sounding so they wont be joked on. It just doesn't make sense imo.

I don't know, everybody thinks different.

peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think they need to portray Jesus as a black man, I could definatly see it as a good marketing gimmick.

top topics

join