It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This the Best feeling ever!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ok so today I was supposed to meet up with a friend I slept in and woke up only with he rung me up to say he couldn't do today because he didn't want to travel in the storm. I lift my lazy ass out of the bed look out the window and its chucking it down with rain and the bins are blowing about everywhere. All in all a pretty crappy looking day out.

However now all my plans have been cancelled, honestly the weather is so awful I really don't think its worth going out to the gym/shops or anything like that today and actually I have all my leftovers from yesterday, stovies (a Scottish classic) and sticky toffee pudding...mmmm.... up shot is I really don't need to go out and in preparation for my mate visiting (who cancelled) I cleaned up the whole house yesterday. To top it all off my partners is working all day so I won't see her for at least another 6 or 7 hours.

So what do I do, get some eggs made up nice and quick, head back into my bed with the windows open listening to the storm outside and the passing trains as I get stuck into a good book. I think later I will have a bath once I can drag myself out of bed after that I know I have got Shadow of the Tomb Raider to get my teeth into followed up by watching the champions league tonight and wouldn't you just know it I have booze in the fridge also so I can sip on a cold one watching the footie tonight.

AMAZING!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can drag myself out of bed after that I know I have got Shadow of the Tomb Raider

You have SotTR and you are in bed ?
Sleep is overrated when one speaks of a Tomb Raider game

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Good on ya mate. I had a lazy day myself. Even had an afternoon kip after work. Now just sipping on a port.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
rainy days are a nice to stay home and relax . I always sleep best in the morning when It's raining. ...Where are you where it's raining ?
edit on 19-9-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yep, I totally agree! Stay at home weather days are the best, and so is sleeping while listening to the rain.

Both are very rare occasions for me, but they sure are nice!

ETA - I don't even remember the last time it rained here! All we've had recently is just blazing sun, oppressive heat and more blazing sun. I'm totally ready for a some coolness and weather!
edit on 9/19/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Give this a bash...

...I have a job

Just enjoying some free time.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sometimes canceled planes force us to take time for ourselves. Always bickering about politics on ATS, working long hours, family ect ect. Growing upon Scotland my favorite thing was leftover black pudding and eggs, simple white bread. The bread is magic in Britain, not sure why? Oh yeah, Heinz baked beans as a side of course,

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Is This the Best

No , tis a hot shower after a 60 mile hike

but have a nice day

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

haha true thats does feel pretty good but today is not a day for a hike.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
bit of an update.

So am out of bed, don't care that its 1pm, don't care that I am still in my underpants, weather is still miserable, so time for some shadow of the Tomb Raider and monster-munch with irn-Bru....WUNK22 will know what I am talking about.

PS: I have only got into one ATS argument so far today, pretty good for me.

PPS: I seem to have lost a slipper which is most inconvenient.
edit on 19-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Haha enjoy fella

I have lazy days quite often, only work 2 or 3 days a week enough to cover bills n stuff.
I'd be rich if I wasn't so lazy but I prefer my free time...posting this sat at the beach watching the stormy sea with a cup of tea from the kiosk.
I can't imagine doing 60 hour weeks like I read many US members do, must be hell.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I have lazy days quite often, only work 2 or 3 days a week enough to cover bills n stuff.

As lazy as possible is my motto nowadays.

I'd be rich if I wasn't so lazy but I prefer my free time...

Not sure about rich but I'd be comfortably off.
Recently turned down an offer to go back into my previous line of work - not pubs and security and 'things' - but turned it down.
45K a year, company car, health care for me and family etc - been there, never again unless absolutely 100% necessary.

...posting this sat at the beach watching the stormy sea with a cup of tea from the kiosk.

I'm sat in big armchair, cup of coffee, bit of music and reading a book in between posting #e on here.

I can't imagine doing 60 hour weeks like I read many US members do, must be hell.

Started off in the crappest job in the factory working permanent nights.
Worked every single hour possible - had a family, mortgage and always liked to play even harder than I worked.
60 -70 hour weeks weren't uncommon.

Ended up with a very 'good' job - I enjoyed the job just not all the bollocks and # that went with it - then took my chance to get out of it all.
Intend to stay out of it.

Love sitting around in my boxers, scratching my knackers and doing sod all unless I want to.

Speaking of which; pub time soon....well I haven't been out for three consecutive nights, beginning to rattle!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Haha yes mate

I've done the long hours thing and it would take dire circumstances for me to do it again.
Chilling is winning lol

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I've taken the afternoon of this friday for long overdue catchup beers with a Mate .

Will feel link I'm mitching from work but will be happy propping up a few Bars for the afternoon, talking sh1te and setting the world to rights

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Shame CCG, carpy and I aren't in the vicinity to join you and talk some real bollocks and lose money to CCG at pool!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

We need some sort of UK meetup.
Still got a nunber of days off before Christmas

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Damn. I need to hunt down some potato cakes now

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

We need some sort of UK meetup.

I think there have been one or two in the past but I've never managed to make them.

I do truly regret not meeting up with two of the very few real life friends I've met through ATS.
They are both unfortunately no longer with us and they are much missed, I think of them often....and raise a glass or three to them in the knowledge that they'd both appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

We should arrange a beer or two and all raise a glass to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join