It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Also Spied on JOURNALISTS. A Special FISA Was Developed Just For Them. :-)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I prefer you and your fellow hatchetmen to TELL me what is "true" and what "is not", what I can see and what I cannot; I prefer the DOD embedded into the Corporate MSM (that is at the helm of elections in this nation), "journalists" trained in special seminars that being war / party / etc propagandists, that lying to us is their national duty, and so on.

When these debates were raging, when the "fake news blacklists" were going public, even your best examples of who "needed" to be delt with was for exposing Obama's war crimes.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You mean Obama's AG that would be in on it? We're specific media guidelines established? We're they followed here?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If this came from Dubya, or Trump, leftists would be hair on fire about it. Obama did it, nope nothing to see here lets insult people who think otherwise.

News Flash: You didnt have to specify this sort of thing was better under Obama, to still be saying that.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There was an AP fact check that went in to this last week.

www.apnews.com...

OBAMA: “It shouldn’t be Democratic or Republican to say that we don’t threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don’t like. I complained plenty about Fox News, but you never heard me threaten to shut them down or call them enemies of the people.” — rally Friday at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.

THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

In 2013 the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters’ home and cell phones, seizing them without notice, as part of an investigation into the disclosure of information about a foiled al-Qaida terrorist plot.

AP was not the target of the investigation. But it called the seizure a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into its news-gathering activities, betraying information about its operations “that the government has no conceivable right to know.”

Obama’s Justice Department also secretly dogged Fox News journalist James Rosen, getting his phone records, tracking his arrivals and departures at the State Department through his security-badge use, obtaining a search warrant to see his personal emails and naming him as a possible criminal conspirator in the investigation of a news leak.

“The Obama administration,” The New York Times editorial board wrote at the time, “has moved beyond protecting government secrets to threatening fundamental freedoms of the press to gather news.”

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If this came from Dubya, or Trump, leftists would be hair on fire about it. Obama did it, nope nothing to see here lets insult people who think otherwise.

If?

I cannot comment on hypothetical situations that you fabricate and I cannot comment on how others may act/react.

News Flash: You didnt have to specify this sort of thing was better under Obama, to still be saying that.

I'm not sure what that means.
edit on 19-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

The Obama administration clearly overstepped their bounds when it came to investigating journalists. So why then do people need to makes things up like this OP that claims the Obama administration made it easier to get FISA warrants against journalists when it was in fact the opposite?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You mean Obama's AG that would be in on it? We're specific media guidelines established? We're they followed here?

Any president's AG would be "in on it." Adults think about the future. They establish precedents. The idea is to prevent executive use of the DOJ for political purposes. The guidelines remain classified to prevent hostile powers from gaming them.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The Obama administration clearly overstepped their bounds when it came to investigating journalists. So why then do people need to makes things up like this OP that claims the Obama administration made it easier to get FISA warrants against journalists when it was in fact the opposite?

Because: OBAMA!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You are misreading the claim. They used fisa rather than follow their media guidelines because fisa was easier than the system they set up and agreed to use.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Which is why they created special media guidelines that they secretly circumvented with fisa.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If?

I cannot comment on hypothetical situations that you fabricate and I cannot comment on how others may act/react.

Nothing "hypothetical" about it. We lived through the Obama administration and the media protected him. They never mounted any sort of campaign like we've seen them do with Bush and now Trump.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

That's untrue and I explained why and you avoided what I said.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: introvert

If?

Nothing "hypothetical" about it. We lived through the Obama administration and the media protected him. They never mounted any sort of campaign like we've seen them do with Bush and now Trump.

Ok. The member I responded to was talking about Leftists, not the media.

I cannot comment about how Leftists would hypothetically act/react IF this would have come from Bush or Trump.

So yes, it is a hypothetical.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Now I admit to needing more info on this.

But my reading is that Obama admin made it "more difficult" to do these things by enacting a policy that said hire ups had to approve these things.

And who were those higher ups? People like the AG eric Holder.

Now if the higher ups are mopre willing to use these powers to go after journalists, that isnt making the process harder at all. It is just giving cover by making it seem like the process is stringer, when in fact you now just put it into the hands of Obamas "wingman"

Regardless, the outcome is not questioned; Obama went after journalists far worse than almost any President before him. So even if they claimed to on paper make it harder for them to do this, clearly the end reult was that was ineffective as the went after journalists at a blistering pace.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

You are misreading the claim. They used fisa rather than follow their media guidelines because fisa was easier than the system they set up and agreed to use.

And the claim misrepresents the memo. Typical zerohedge propaganda.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

No, it doesn't, and you saying it doesn't make it so. What were the special media guidelines and show how the fisa applications followed them.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Which is why they created special media guidelines that they secretly circumvented with fisa.

Incorrect. They appear to have enacted stricter guidelines, or "special" if you like, on how to deal with FISA applications regarding US media members.

They did not use FISA to circumvent their own special guidelines, which is what you just said.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That's untrue and I explained why and you avoided what I said.

No, you posed rhetorical questions.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They made it more difficult and then circumvented the rules they established and said it was fine because it's harder than other fisa warrants, but it was easier than the guidelines they set up.

That's my reading.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

No, I didn't. You just don't want to answer if the media guidelines were followed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join