It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Beto O'Rourke.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Is Beto O'Rourke really a champion of the people, as he claims, who will implement new laws that would benefit Americans/legal residents? Or is he lying?

Gun Control.

One of the reasons he claims to be running for office is "to stop gun violence." But exactly what has he said will implement to reduce "gun violence"?

First of all, he has stated he doesn't want guns protecting schools/students.
Beto O’Rourke’s Positions on Gun Rights Continue to Prove To Be Very Un-Texan and Without Common Sense

So he wouldn't support having teachers, or guards/off duty cops, carrying firearms in schools to protect students/children. Schools are already "gun free zones," so what laws does O'Rourke thinks will stop crazy people/criminals from shooting students? What laws will make schools "more gun free zones" than they already are? So in other words, O'Rourke just wants more of the same laws which have disarmed law abiding citizens, and which have allowed crazies/criminals to murder students.

O'Rourke states he wants "universal background checks" and denying anyone who "has been accused of," or has had a violent past to deny them the right to own a gun...

First of all, what exactly does he mean by "universal background checks"? There is already a law requiring for background checks of people who want to buy a firearm...

Second of all, how many people have been accused of violence against their partners to be later proven not to have been violent at all?

Notice that O'Rourke states "anyone who has been accused," instead of saying "anyone who has been proven to have committed violence against their partners..."

Third of all, O'Rourke wants anyone who is in a "no fly list" to be denied the right to own a firearm. But here is the thing... What could be the reasons to be, and have been, denied the ability to fly in the U.S? How many people have been, and still are in the no fly list, yet it was a mistake?

There are even little kids, and even toddlers, who are in the "no fly list" in the U.S.

Heck, this has even happened in Canada.

So, to make it clear O'Rourke wants to ban the right of anyone to own a gun, if that person has ever been accused of violence, even if you have been found not guilty of it...

O'Rourke wants to ban anyone the right to own a gun if they are in the no fly list, even thou many people (including kids) who are innocent have been put in the no fly list...

BTW, if you have been found guilty of violence and/or have spent time in prison, there are already laws denying people the right to own a firearm.
www.thetrace.org...

So my question is... There are already laws in the book that denies the right of people to own firearms including, and i quote: "3. Convicted of a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence: 139,535"

Second of all, O'Rourke wants to deny legal residents and American citizens the right to own a firearm/gun for simply "have been accused of domestic violence, yet INNOCENT people are, and have been accused of domestic violence to be later cleared because they didn't commit violence against their partner.

BTW, there is no such thing as "common sense gun control laws..." Since when do criminals abide by the law?...

Impeaching the dully elected U.S. President.

O'Rourke calls for Trump's impeachment over Putin summit

Beto O'Rourke has stated that he will go ahead with trying to impeach the President. But what evidence have liberals/democrats shown that proves "collusion with Russia" or any of the other lies the left keep claiming about POTUS Trump?

According to "O'Rourke" when President Trump decided to meet with Putin that is enough evidence to impeach the President... Really? so why didn't he call for former POTUS Obama for impeachment for meeting with Putin?... Or when Obama, who didn't know his mic was open, stated that after his re-election he would be more flexible with Russia and to convey this to Putin?...

The border wall.

O'Rourke has also stated that "we don't need the wall."

Beto O’Rourke Fires Back at Trump’s Border Plan: “We Don’t Need a Wall”

Instead he claims that having complete open borders " is what makes America great."

But is that the truth?

Yes, NPR: Illegal Immigration Does Increase Violent Crime

The following video is from 2016, and deals among other things not only about crime from Mexican drug cartels, but how drug cartels also use children to wage their wars/attacks.

An "open border", more so with Mexico will not make America great. Instead it will increase the crimes of Mexican drug cartels on U.S. cities/states

Beto O'Rourke is wrong when he says "the open border makes America great." So, why are democrats and even some Republicans supporting O'Rurke?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I’m voting for Beto, because he isn’t Cruz.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

On behave of a small portion of the rest of the world: thank you.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You write very well . That was nicely put together .... And for some reason I kept
Hearing this in Tucker Carlaons voice , as i read it ! ... LOL ....are you him ? You wrote like he speaks ..... But seriously , that was nicely put together .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Gun laws or any laws for that matter don't affect criminals or terrorists. If they want to attack a school they will regardless of any "laws"

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Beto doesn't believe in due process. Just being accused of violence, he wants to ban you from owner a firearm. He continues the left attack on pro 2nd amendment people by claiming they don't have common sense, unless they agree with the left anti 2nd amendment stance. Anyone that cares about the 2nd amendment people in Texas, no way should you vote for someone like Beto. I bet he receives money from Michael Bloomberg.

The left is pushing for "universal background checks" to make sure we can't sell, trade or give a gun as gift to a family member or close friend, without getting the government approval. It's nothing more than red tape for law abiding gun owners have to deal with. It wouldn't stop criminals from getting a hold of any guns.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Great reason 👍, dui, robbery, money laundering, and narcotics charges for this winner and his immediate family. Seems like a great man to lead the state.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I like this reason. Simple and makes sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

How many people voted for Trump simply because he wasn't Hillary despite his shady past?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

People voted for trump or voted independent because of Hillary’s shady past.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

And kaylaluv is voting for O'Rourke because of Cruz's past. I'm failing to see why you have an issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Because Cruz has no past. “Beto” and his family have a criminal history going back 30yrs.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Cruz has held political office in Texas for 15 years. I think that gives people enough past to sift through to determine whether or not they want him to continue as their Senator.
edit on 9/19/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Because Cruz has no past. “Beto” and his family have a criminal history going back 30yrs.

Ha Ha, remember when Trump told everyone Cruz’s dad helped kill JFK?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Ha Ha, remember when Trump told everyone Cruz’s dad helped kill JFK?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

that is a fair reason
cruz is a jackass

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Nothing real response or just more CNN dribble?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Even if Cruz is the Zodiac killer, i would vote for him over beto

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Even if Cruz is the Zodiac killer, i would vote for him over beto

I dont know man, cruz is a pretty big butthole

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nothing real response or just more CNN dribble?

How is Trump's own words "CNN dribble"?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join