It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of God, what do you want

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: Raggedyman
In particular,

I dont believe my God is omniscient and I am fine with that, it started me thinking

To answer the main question:
Omniscience, if I rely on a just God to take care of me!

Why dismiss omniscience as just being fine? If a God is not omniscient, how can they help anyone? How many prayers go unanswered on top of the God should know there is an issue due to knowing all about the person. That seems rather sad even for the less devout in asking for help understanding of a God that knows all.

why pretend you know anything about how omniscience works?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I don't know if you're misunderstanding what I have posited or narrowly defining what objectivity you allow to apply to your god.

To use your own example without getting into miracles or the realms of the supernatural

Does the Atlantic Ocean cease to exist because people are not worshipping it?

The size of the Atlantic is fluid; where it meets the Indian Ocean there is no clear line.

A careful reading of the Old Testament will reveal 2 distinct gods fighting for supremacy. Jehovah and the Lord.

Mariolatry was a recent phenomena ( 1500's ) and miracles attributed to Mary increased after she was formalized as the Mother of God in Catholicism.

Raggedyman initially asked

So what should the ideal gods traits be like What and also why should any god act in this way according to your opinion The Judeo Christian God operates fromlove and justice

I could give you many examples in the OT where the unwavering omniscient god changes its mind and appears to throws dice to determine mans fate.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
What you are demonstrating is that human concepts about gods, like concepts about reality in general, depend on human thought.
My point is that the underlying realities of the world do not depend on human thought.

Your line of argument denies the existence of underlying realities in general. If you say that you yourself don't deny their existence, I don't know what more I can do to help you understand the difference.

We're getting to the point where you are saying the same thing over and over again, and I'm giving the same reply over and over again.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Your line of argument denies the existence of underlying realities in general.

No - I responded based on what you said. You talked about objectivity and yet you are veering into epistemology.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join