It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of God, what do you want

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

" I dont believe my God is omniscient and I am fine with that, it started me thinking "

Yes Me too . Some of his Creations just Didn't come out without Flaws . Welcome to the Club Brother ! .......)
edit on 2-10-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Oh I think creation of was good,,we just messed with it

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

And if you are an atheist, dont want a god, dont care, whatever Dont reply, we get it, we dont need to hear about your opinion over and over and over

I'm not an atheist, my god changes depending on what aspect I focus on.

I don't serve god; I do however not through choice, serve some virus/entity that has usurped the natural order of things on this planet. Pretends its our creator.

BTW Don't you do the same thing in evolution threads - now you're trying to limit discussion to your narrow viewpoint?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

WE ? Speak for Yourself ! He Got it Right when He Broke the Mold After Creating Me Buster ! .........................)
edit on 2-10-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good points but you are assuming that who rules the world is your biblical god, or better the NT god. I would suggest that traces of the OT demiurge has a lot of people fooled.

Your exegesis or eisegesis is well known.

No doubt you are aware that god arise and fall based on the times or the numbers of adherents that worship them.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Disraeli doesn't know the difference between the King Of God and the Kingdom Of Heaven...

He Lives In The NT Only....

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

And if you are an atheist, dont want a god, dont care, whatever Dont reply, we get it, we dont need to hear about your opinion over and over and over

I'm not an atheist, my god changes depending on what aspect I focus on.

I don't serve god; I do however not through choice, serve some virus/entity that has usurped the natural order of things on this planet. Pretends its our creator.

BTW Don't you do the same thing in evolution threads - now you're trying to limit discussion to your narrow viewpoint?

Very rarely do I get involved in an evolution opinion piece, only when some clown starts using science fiction and claiming it as science
Believe what you want

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
honest, upright and uncowardly with compassion and empathy.
edit on 3-10-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Good points but you are assuming that who rules the world is your biblical god...
No doubt you are aware that god arise and fall based on the times or the numbers of adherents that worship them.

No, my argument here doesn't make or depend on that assumption. Whatever is ruling the world, their nature and position is not controlled by what people prefer, any more than the shape of Italy or the latitude of Akaska are controlled by what people would prefer them to be.
Neither are these things controlled by what people believe. Whatever the nature of the ruling power, the actuality of that ruling power doesn't fluctuate according to the fashions of worship. How would that work? Is the actuality of lightning controlled by people's ideas about lightning? No, these things are independent of our beliefs about them.

edit on 3-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
In particular,

I dont believe my God is omniscient and I am fine with that, it started me thinking

To answer the main question:
Omniscience, if I rely on a just God to take care of me!

Why dismiss omniscience as just being fine? If a God is not omniscient, how can they help anyone? How many prayers go unanswered on top of the God should know there is an issue due to knowing all about the person. That seems rather sad even for the less devout in asking for help understanding of a God that knows all.
edit on 3-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: added op quote

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Kill anyone I want.

Send them to hell!!

Nah, just kidding. He will do that Himself.

Unlike the left, it''s out of my hands.

Need another Flood but God said He wouldn't do that # again.

Can't wait to see what's up next!

I think people will just die with no social justice points.

It's God, not Maxine.

You idiots understand the concept of God?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
In particular,

I dont believe my God is omniscient and I am fine with that, it started me thinking

To answer the main question:
Omniscience, if I rely on a just God to take care of me!

Why dismiss omniscience as just being fine? If a God is not omniscient, how can they help anyone? How many prayers go unanswered on top of the God should know there is an issue due to knowing all about the person. That seems rather sad even for the less devout in asking for help understanding of a God that knows all.

You make your own decisions and deal with the ramifications
God is for us solely in relation to forgiveness and at times, exceptional times, miracles, very exceptional.

How many prayers go unanswered, many. How many are about wealth, fame, selfishness and gain
God is not Buddha, you dont get to stroke His tummy and win a jackpot

In fact we are called to be blessed by these eight promises of wealth
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Those are the prayers that get answered

As for Omniscience, I dont believe God knows the future, a good idea of it, but knows it.
Its a theological argument in the waiting

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Kill anyone I want.

Send them to hell!!

Nah, just kidding. He will do that Himself.

Unlike the left, it''s out of my hands.

Need another Flood but God said He wouldn't do that # again.

Can't wait to see what's up next!

I think people will just die with no social justice points.

It's God, not Maxine.

You idiots understand the concept of God?

Thats not an answer to the question, thats a childish rant
You choose God or not, He doesnt choose you, you decide

Be with Him or be apart, thats your choice
Blaming God, thats

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Very rarely do I get involved in an evolution opinion piece, only when some clown starts using science fiction and claiming it as science Believe what you want

Tsk tsk....such evasiveness - your posting history shows otherwise

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

How would that work?

The connection between Jupiter becoming Jehovah, the creation of the mythical Jesus became Christ from Mithra.

the actuality of that ruling power doesn't fluctuate according to the fashions of worship. How would that work?

Same as any other worship of an entity - you provide the power for its existence.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Tsk Tsk? Really?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Same as any other worship of an entity - you provide the power for its existence.

Only concepts within minds depend on people's thoughts for their existence.
Objectively existing realities don't. Whatever governs the world, whether it is Biblical God or not, must be an objectively existing reality, and therefore not dependent on human thoughts of any kind. Whether anyone was worshipping it or not would be beside the point.

I can't remember whether you belong to the "everything is in the mind" school of mystical nonsense, like itsnowagain. If so, you'd better remind me, because then I would know that there was no point in offering rational explanation, and I would not waste my time.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

1/ , must be an objectively existing reality, and therefore not dependent on human thoughts of any kind. Whether anyone was worshipping it or not would be beside the point.

2/ I can't remember whether you belong to the "everything is in the mind" school of mystical nonsense, like itsnowagain. If so, you'd better remind me,

1. To keep it simple we empower gods through worship & other means. Think of egregore.

2. No I'm not of that school of thought

Your extensive studies are coloured by the fact that you believe a certain way. Take the Apostolic creed or the Trinity - which are crucial in your faith - you would run my statements against those filters.

Lets just say that the one of the reasons that the occult or esoteric is frowned upon by Christendom is the simple fact that there is a realm where "magic" is allowed to happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
And again I have to say that the principle "objectively existing things do not depend on human thought" is not tied to any particular belief-system. Does the Atlantic Ocean cease to exist because people are not worshipping it?
Our beliefs and our preferences are beside the point.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Well maybe I didn't fully understand your ego position
Though I was interested why the mechanics of the universe is more important than human life

the greater good

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join