It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of God, what do you want

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So we are all Boltzmann Brains then?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Is that your conclusion?

edit on 20-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That's essentially what you are proposing. LoL

My conclusion is that we simply do not know and further study is required.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That's essentially what you are proposing. LoL

I really wouldn't know.........I don't have a clue what was meant by 'Boltzmann Brains'.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Raggedyman

a " god " that i would accept would have to display characteristics which transcend the fantasies of men

none of the " gods " depicted by any religion i have looked at - even come close

PS - before replying - please understand what display means - and how it differs from described

oh - and yes - i read the little jibe that atheists should not reply - so i did - because - you do not set the rules for threads

Please feel free to reply, just not with the " I am an atheist and dont want a god"
I posed a question that required an answer, not a complaint

Thanks I agree, a God would have to transcend our fantasies because our fantasies have us being the centre of everything
That God would have to be bigger than our desires and be on our side through good bad and otherwise or is that fantasy?

So what should the ideal gods traits be like
What and also why should any god act in this way according to your opinion

assuming we are talking about a cosmic-scale creator being who can bend the laws of physics...

the first trait would be that this being does not act on its own, but is one element of a council comprised of distinct elements that are united in spirit but disparate in identity and nature. no single component has absolute authority.

the second trait is that this council and its individual members are unable to ignore the fundamental laws of existence, including paradoxical solutions and tampering with macro physics with impunity. i.e. residing outside space-time while meddling within it. all actions taken must be monitored and approved by majority vote.

the third trait is that no cosmic-scale creator being is permitted to OWN worlds or persons as property unless a contract is actively being observed. All contracts are eligible for termination should either party see fit.

i think that would do for a starting point.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Maybe you should look into the topic, because it sounds a hell of a lot like what you keep going on about.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Interesting how you choose physics and its laws as a starting point
Nothing wrong with that but, I am figuring you see "your" god as a scientific ideal as opposed to a personal relationship ideal, opposite to me

You say "It" doesnt act on its own, I am wondering in relation to acting on its own to what specifically, individuals, physics, justice?

You talk about fundamental laws of existence, like what?
What if I ask "It" to tamper with my fundamental laws of existence, you deny my choice

Contracts, I call them covenants
I am in a covenant, I assume you are not
What should these contracts entail if you dont mind answering

So what if a contract is violated, what's the outcome for the lesser being, the small country, the party that breaks the rules?

I am kinda on board for the most part, agree with your choice of standards for a god

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Maybe you should look into the topic, because it sounds a hell of a lot like what you keep going on about.

en.wikipedia.org...

He is talking non-duality in gobbledygook language. Basically he is telling "we are all one" and there is only presence in time. If you pay attention to goobledygook language, it's term is excessive with nothingness, for example no boundary, no individualism, no uniqueness, no separation etc..

A talking gobbledygook God is definitely NOT the kind of trait I prefer in a god.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Does 'Boltzmann Brains' sound like non duality to you?
Or is it nothing like it at all?

edit on 21-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I don't think it sounds anything like what I am sharing.

I am speaking about the timeless.
One of 'Gods' traits is timelessness. God is said to be outside of time.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
God is said to be 'all knowing'
'Knowing' is not made of two things...............there is no known and there is no knower. Knower and known are knowing divided into two.
There is an assumption of a knower being separate from the known.

You think you are seeing these words...........but there isn't a you knowing any thing. There is no subject and no object.
There is just what there is.........no thingness......knowingness isn't made of things...it is complete in itself.

Witnessing without a witness.

When the (assumed) two are recognised to be one the kingdom shall be revealed....

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

One Step Above The Truest Nobility Is Trust.
Hence God Authored A Book Of Good.
Find Those You Cannot Trust And Don't Trust Them.
Those You Can Trust... Have The Traits You're Looking For. If You Don't Know Where They Are... Come To A Blue Lodge And Find The "Trestle" aka Trust All. You're Traits, However, Are A Tad Bit Molestering The Minds Of Those Who Know And Don't. So... It's Safe To Say Your Traits Are Lacking.

As For God ... Try Being A Tad Bit Decent. He May Like That.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Interesting question.
As an atheist
I'm really not sure.
After reading the Gathas they put truth above all and I found that quite moving so I would probably go with that.

Love is a bit narcissistic to expect from anyone.
Justice seems like a good idea but I've never seen it practiced well.

When I'm sentenced to an eternity of suffering I want god to tell me the reasons clearly and honestly.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Eternal suffering, hmmm
Where do you get that teaching from, it's not biblical so would not be something the Christian God authored

Where do you get eternal suffering for humans from?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

This is a good one.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

i dont do drugs. other than those prescribed by an m.d. this doesnt mean i am not related with drugs though.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

I dont do drugs myself these days.

Tell you this through, the drugs prescribed by medical doctors can be just as bad if not worse than the illegal variety, never mind just as expensive.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
To be like God you need to live forever. If you can't... You're not godlike. Thread over.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

i think it depends on who made the medicines more.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join