It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of God, what do you want

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

He did, Jesus

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So what should the ideal gods traits be like
What and also why should any god act in this way according to your opinion

The Judeo Christian God operates from love and justice
These two traits are in my opinion Gods identity or at least how He likes Himself portrayed as

So what are the main traits a god you would serve should display, what must their traits be

And if you are an atheist, dont want a god, dont care, whatever
Dont reply, we get it, we dont need to hear about your opinion over and over and over

I dont believe my God is omniscient and I am fine with that, it started me thinking

Gods ideal traits should be (and are), everything you find in nature - Loving, kind, harsh, forgiving and un-forgiving, educational, beautiful, constantly changing, growing and evolving, curious, content, being in the moment and appreciating what is given instead of longing for what isn't there, cycling, renewing, According to my opinion, God should act like this because it's what he expects of me. Together with all of these traits we create our reality. It makes perfect sense. God isn't complicated, People make him complicated.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I believe what can be studied and repeated through observable results and information collected, i believe in science and mathematics.

You on the other hand believe what you choose to and refuse to accept the premise of the most basic of axiom.

Existence is for all intents and purpose the fact or state of being and the continuance and maintenance of life.

What about the multitude of stuff you cannot see "appearing" to happen, are we to believe, following your childish nonsensical train of thought, that its not happening? LoL
edit on 19-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When I leave I want the abilities of the blessed Logical Ones.

An 100% synchronistic awareness to the domain I am in, in an avatar that the ability to compulse away any illogical One that invades that domain. The awareness to know when a being in the domain I am in can be reasoned with and when it cannot be reasoned with.

To be ONE with a blessed ONE, empathically 100% entangled avatars. A real soul mate experience.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

a reply to: djz3ro

He did, Jesus
You mean like from jesus camp? And pray the gay away? And pervy priests? That jesus? The guy who told people to bash babies heads on rocks? The guy who tells slaves to obey their masters? That jesus?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't seem to recall those parts in the gospels

Sounds a bit like paul honestly... except for bashin babies...

that's more OT style

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't seem to recall those parts in the gospels

Sounds a bit like paul honestly... except for bashin babies...

that's more OT style

Is jesus god? How do you separate the story of jesus from the god of the Old Testament? They are the same person according to the same book.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

no hes not God... And the bible doesn't say he is either

That would be Christian dogma... so its easy to separate the two

Though I don't believe the OT critter is God either... so

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I could explain Woody but you would t understand
I would like to bash some heads around here, I expect you would blame that on God not me
You know that baby bashing thing, it could have been left out of the bible, why they left it in is far more important
You can remain ignorant

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

edit on 20-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
What about the multitude of stuff you cannot see "appearing" to happen, are we to believe, following your childish nonsensical train of thought, that its not happening? LoL

Thoughts about things that are not here are not worth bothering about................they are just thoughts - mental abstraction.
I could be told about things happening in Africa but I don't know if what I am being told is true. I could be told about things that happened in the past but I don't know if that is true.
What is happening here and now is true. Seeing is happening, hearing is happening and it requires no thought and no belief.
All seeing/all knowing is ever present.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Watch and hear this and then get back to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Why is it assumed that life is better than death?
If there is a belief in God; most people believe they get to be with him after death....so why be angry if children die?

I understand his feeling. No parents feel it's rightful for their children to die before they do. There is nothing you could do to comfort them.

I just hope one day, those parents will have the chance to enter the veil, just to touch and talk to their decease children even for a brief moment. So that they can move on, knowing their children's spirits are safe and happy in the hand who love them more.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I would like to bash some heads around here, I expect you would blame that on God not me
You know that baby bashing thing, it could have been left out of the bible, why they left it in is far more important
You can remain ignorant
That’s fine. I already know what the bible says and what you think about it.

I know that if you thought god wanted you to bash baby heads, you’d jump to the front of the line and hope it pleased him.
edit on 20-9-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So more nonsensical twaddle really.

Plenty of things, thoughts, and events, transpire without your input or knowledge, that's a given.

As to Africa, those poor starving children and uneducated masses have a better understanding of reality than you do Itisnowagain. LoL

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

"Watch and hear this and then get back to me."

The man raises some interesting questions and points yet still refuses to accept the obvious.

I give you this he's less paranoid than the other fellow in the last video you attempted to sway my opinion with in the other thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The man raises some interesting questions and points yet still refuses to accept the obvious.

What is 'the obvious' (that you claim he refuses to accept) in your opinion?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Whats obvious is that he is attempting to address queries and questions that he does not have the tools, information, nor complete knowledge off to do so effectively or in any kind of meaningful manner.

Whats obvious is that he is as scared, frightened, and confused about the unknown as the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am happy that you watched it and found his points and questions interesting.
Peter Brown has a website called 'The Open Doorway' - here is what he says about reality:

REALITY
What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now. theopendoorway.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You can remain ignorant
That’s fine. I already know what the bible says and what you think about it.

I know that if you thought god wanted you to bash baby heads, you’d jump to the front of the line and hope it pleased him.

Like I know you would happily bash Christian babies and religios peoples children's head in to end religion on earth
I am joking

Jesus said love, that was His teaching

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join