It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutional Crisis? Dems Demand DOJ-FBI Defy Trump Declassification Order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

yes, Trump is playing the game. The same game the left has been playing.
I wonder who will win?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2smart4u
Did you read the letter? They are angry that President Toad is selectively releasing certain information in order to undermine the legitimacy and credibility of this investigation.

If he really wants to be open, then release everything and not just the material he deems worthy or might help him.

Hell I would’ve been happy to get half of lois lerner‘s or Hillary‘s Emails. But all we got from the Obama administration was nada .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Formerly the street map was set too far out to see actual street names (no definitive whodunnit) Trumps order sets map so that everyone can see street names (whodunnit) which will allow the public to reach final destination called "Sedition & Treason" along the way they may pass streets such as murder, extortion, bribery, civil rights violation and campaign finance violation - some may turn on those streets, others straight to final destination.

Proof how we got here and how to get there.

Ambiguity removed.

Why being fought so hard against - sheep cannot be awakened.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Formerly the street map was set too far out to see actual street names (no definitive whodunnit) Trumps order sets map so that everyone can see street names (whodunnit) which will allow the public to reach final destination called "Sedition & Treason" along the way they may pass streets such as murder, extortion, bribery, civil rights violation and campaign finance violation - some may turn on those streets, others straight to final destination.

Proof how we got here and how to get there.

Ambiguity removed.

Why being fought so hard against - sheep cannot be awakened.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Did you read the declassification order? It does not release all of the transcripts. Naturally, it is cherry picked and naturally, the Democrats object. Trump would never declassify all of the materials because Carter Page's lawyer would object, as would the Republican congressmen who are trying to frame Comey et al.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Did you read the declassification order? It does not release all of the transcripts. Naturally, it is cherry picked and naturally, the Democrats object. Trump would never declassify all of the materials because Carter Page's lawyer would object, as would the Republican congressmen who are trying to frame Comey et al.

Frame Comey? Comey, et al., framed themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Frame Comey? Comey, et al., framed themselves.

It doesn't bother you that the claim is false? Gatewaypundit traffics in genuine Fake News.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The reason these people have been targeted is that they are the ones shown to have bias, and are questioned as to rather or not they acted on that bias.

Here is a scenario for you.

A cop is involved ion shooting an unarmed man.

People want to see the body cam footage from that cop. Would you say "no that would be selective to just release that body cam footage, we need all of the victims info released such as emails and other records, in addition to all other cops body cam footage from that entire week, and all of the cops emails communications. If only the cops that were there have their footage released, that is selective and must be fought"?

Look, I am with you that I would like to see everything released.

But it is obviously not going to happen; heck the fbi and doj have came out today and said they are still going to redact what trump has ordered released.

But it is amazing to me how the same people that have a problem with this were all for selective releases against trump and his people being used ad the impetus for investigations and a special counsel (remember comeys leak?)

So I guess the standard is we have to continue to have investigations based on those illegal leaks, but it is unethical or shady for trump to release the texts messages of the people involved.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's about selectively declassifying material to make a fraudulent case. It's as if the bodycam footage in your hypothetical showed everything the cop did that day except the shooting, proving it never happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's about selectively declassifying material to make a fraudulent case. It's as if the bodycam footage in your hypothetical showed everything the cop did that day except the shooting, proving it never happened.

No thats not what is happening.

Trump is saying lets see all of the texts messages from the investigators that have bheen shown (even by the IG) to have bias. These were the relevant people involved in teh investigation.

You and others are saying that this somehow selective if we dont release what, trumps teams emails, or the emails of every single fbi member?

So in other words set the standard so impossibly that nothing is released to the public.

meanwhile, comeys and others selective leaks are used as justification for things like a special counsel, and all of the dems complaining how now problem with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Four separate things are going on here:

1. Declassification of selected parts of the Fisa warrant against Carter Page.

This shouldn't be too heavily redacted. Should be some new stuff revealed, probably nothing ground breaking. Remember the hoopla over the last declass, and it turned out to be minor.

2. All FBI reports of interviews with Bruce Ohr in connection with Russia investigation.

This should be heavily redacted due to the nature of Ohr's work.

3. All FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection to Carter Page Fisa application.

I would expect this to be moderately redacted.

4. All text messages relating to the Russia investigation without redaction of Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Ohr.

This is the potentially juicy stuff.

All the uproar over the declass is designed to keep you from focusing on the texts.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: SKEPTEK

Actually that is my new nickname for President Toad because of Stormy letting us know he is not packing. LMAO

Not a surprise really, he really overcompensates in his speeches and lifestyle. Everything is always the best, the biggest and the hugest. LMAO

I’m glad the real issues that effect us all are important to you. I wouldn’t take stormy’s word for anything. Also when you’re used to taking 3 oversized c.cks at the same time in the same orifice, I’m sure anyone with less than 9 inches is small to her.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I also find it funny that you think you're having fun with Trump on his twitter....as if he reads your comments and replies....

Someone has blocked 4 of my twitter accounts, within an hour of tweet
They are never offensive though. Just his nickname and now we know why he overcompensates so much with words, bigly, huge, best or biggest.

Given the striking contrast between your screen name and the content of your posts, it's pretty clear who is overcompensating here.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

LOL

How much does CNN pay you ??

You are such a troll...

Calm down comrade, if you blow this assignment you're gonna get demoted back to the Fox News comments section.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am going to guess you are one of those people who agree that President Toad shouldn't release his tax returns.

Why is he being selective in what he releases?

What kind of politician gets in the way of "We the People's" right to know? ...What are they hiding?

I guess maybe because his tax returns have nothing to do with the subject?

What color is the sky in the world you live in?

It is going to turn out that his tax returns have everything to do with the subject at hand which is why he never released them. This needs to be settled in Congress. The American people do not have the ability to judge this fairly.

Should Al Capone have had the right to have all evidence involving his investigation released publicly. Of course not. A subject of an investigation does not have this right, even if they are the President.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

It's really amazing how you can continue to get your hopes up after so many let downs. It's like how every Christmas you just knew you were finally getting that pony.

a reply to: missed_gear

No, the first 21 pages of the FISA 302's you are referencing are being released as soon as Friday, concerning Ohr.

The remaining full 302's for others (Page) are coming in full and is broken into two parts, one containg texts.

He didn't order the release of just "21 pages".

Mg

No, that's not right either. It is 21 pages from the FISA warrant renewal application:

Statement from the Press Secretary

(1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page;

What you referring to are the 302s:

(2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connection with the Russia investigation; and (3) all FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection with all Carter Page FISA applications.

I hadn't read the statement when I posted and I so I missed the part about the 302s. I stand corrected on that point.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

People want to see the body cam footage from that cop. Would you say "no that would be selective to just release that body cam footage, we need all of the victims info released such as emails and other records, in addition to all other cops body cam footage from that entire week, and all of the cops emails communications. If only the cops that were there have their footage released, that is selective and must be fought"?

Except body cam footage can be exculpatory and video (depending on angle, resolution, etc) wouldn't be as open to interpretation as a texts often are. Case in point:

Remember when Sen. Ron Johnson said this before doing a 180?

"And that secret society -- we have an informant talking about a group that were holding secret meetings off-site. There's so much smoke here, there's so much suspicion,"

Text in question was actually about Putin-themed gag gift calendars:

"Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society"

Most recently, Rep. Mark Meadows spearheading the pro-Trump narrative interpretation of this text:

"I had literally just gone to find this phone to tell you I want to talk to you about media leak strategy with DOJ before you go."

Well there you go! It says "media leak strategy" so cased closed — they had a strategy to leak to the media! Except other texts add more context, like this one from earlier the same day:

"DoJ getting all political and about to blown (sic) up the media leak regs and turn this into a circus."

So were they talking about a strategy to clamp down on leaks or their own strategy to leak to the media? And look how shoddy Sara Carter's "reporting" was:

Newly released text messages and documents obtained by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee reveal that senior members of the FBI and Department of Justice led a coordinated effort to leak unverified information to the press regarding alleged collusion with Russia to damage President Donald Trump’s administration, according to a letter sent by the committee to the DOJ Monday.

Except no, they actually don't. And worse, she flubs the details (or was it deliberate?):

April 12, 2017: Peter Strzok congratulates Lisa Page on a job well done while referring to two derogatory articles about Carter Page. In the text, Strzok warns Page two articles are coming out, one which is “worse” than the other about Lisa’s “namesake”.” Strzok added: “Well done, Page.”

That's all wrong of course. The "Well done, Page" text wasn't from April 12th at all — it was from April 22nd — and the snippet cited by Meadows was actually "article is out! Well done, Page." No article about Carter Page came out on the 22nd or the 21st for that matter. In fact, it's even more convoluted than that because both Meadows and then Carter claim that the actual April 12, 2017 text (only quotes provided are the words "worse" and "namesake") "warns Page two articles are coming out" — except the article cited by Meadows came out on the 11th, the day before.

But it is obviously not going to happen; heck the fbi and doj have came out today and said they are still going to redact what trump has ordered released.

Of course they are and it's to be expected. Notice how the statement only mentions "unredacted" in reference to the text messages? If Trump wanted the stuff released unredacted, he could certainly make that happen. All he'd have to do is declare everything declassified and order it published. Instead, here's the actual directive:

the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials

Declassification in this case refers specifically to the process of declassification which includes redaction prior to publication.

So I guess the standard is we have to continue to have investigations based on those illegal leaks, but it is unethical or shady for trump to release the texts messages of the people involved.

There's no right answer. It really comes down to intent doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is amazing. Rod Rosenstein helped facilitate the illegal transfer of over 100 million dollars into the Clinton Foundation!

www.cnsnews.com...

He is a weasel and a crook.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In my original post I included a link to the letter that the Dems. sent to Rosenstien, Coats and Wray.

Here is an excerpt from the letter that really bothers me.

On June 27, 2018, we wrote again to memorialize the verbal assurances you provided us that DOJ and FBI would not provide the White House or any of the President's attorneys with access to sensitive information briefed to a small group of designated Members.

What I want to know is when were the verbal assurances provided, who was the small group of designated Members, and how is it that this small group of designated Members have access to information that neither the White House nor the Presidents attorneys are privy to?

The letter has a list of the assurances that were made then goes on to say:

In light of the assurances you provided, we request an immediate briefing to the gang of eight from you prior to any disclosure of the affected material by your agencies to anyone at the White House. Among other areas of concern, we will need you to clarify in person.

Why would the DOJ and FBI need to clarify to the gang of eight about declassified documents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join