It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutional Crisis? Dems Demand DOJ-FBI Defy Trump Declassification Order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I read that story earlier so I watched the video Brennan is clearly advocating for sedition.

Makes you wonder who the hell he thinks he is.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2smart4u

originally posted by: Lumenari

I guess maybe because his tax returns have nothing to do with the subject?

What color is the sky in the world you live in?

It has everything to do with the subject. If there is proof that he had dealings with Russia in his taxes then they are important but if there is nothing in those returns, then he should prove it by releasing his tax returns.

As Metallicus said "What kind of politician gets in the way of "We the People's" right to know? ...What are they hiding?"

What you've built here is called a straw man.

Such is no argument at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: carewemust

I read that story earlier so I watched the video Brennan is clearly advocating for sedition.

Makes you wonder who the hell he thinks he is.

Appears he and a few others think/thought they were the saviors of the US when they began plotting against Trump.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am going to guess you are one of those people who agree that President Toad shouldn't release his tax returns.

Why is he being selective in what he releases?

What kind of politician gets in the way of "We the People's" right to know? ...What are they hiding?

I don’t know about the color of the sky, but the weather is “Silly”

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 9191818 by Elostone because: Waste of time

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

John Brennan, Mark Warner, and Adam Schiff are about to be "outed". Their names (and several others) will be in the "SPYGATE - America's Worst Government Scandal" chapter of school and history books, for decades to come.

It's natural for them to pull out all stops, in an attempt to save their reputations...and their government pensions.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Now watch the majority of mains stream journalists demand government secrecy over transparency.

This has nothing to do with transparency. When have you known the Trump admin to be transparent about itself, ever?

It's easy to demand transparency from others when it doesn't apply to one's own secrecy.

Trump called for the declassification of what, 21 out of 412 pages of one of the Carter Page FISA warrant renewal applications and the release of an as yet undetermined number of Russian investigation related texts from Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page and Ohr?

This is a calculated move. A strategically timed release of a carefully curated body of information, culled for maximal propaganda and news cycle grabbing potential. And it's a smart play for Trump as there's no real downside. What's the worst case scenario here? Trump world gets a few thousand texts to comb through for ambiguous references? What could one reasonably imagine to be present that would prove the absence of a conspiracy, or a the lack of the influence of bias in decisions?

Let's take bets now how this plays out. Nothing will be definitively resolved of course but there will be some new things open to interpretation and big gaps that can be filled with whatever speculation is required to keep narratives alive.

And of course all Trump supporters are going to be coming out as uncompromising transparency hawks.

Why texts? Why not emails, forms and memos? Why just these people? Why not everyone involved? Let's get the whole picture here. And if we're all going to be such believers in actual transparency, what about the administration? Should we get texts from top WH staff relating to the Russia investigation? What about current DOJ/FBI officials? Imagine what could be in there: conspiring to cover up things, coordinating interference campaigns with members of Congress, controlled leaks to favorable media, maybe concerns about the innocence of individuals from Page and Papadopolous to Manafort, lying to Congress, lying to the FBI, etc.

Of course the admin would simply make a blanket claim of executive privilege and I'm guessing not a lot of Trump supporters' desire for transparency extends to the admin.

Trump can declassify *anything* he wants but not let's pretend this is somehow a righteous crusade for transparency.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

LOL

How much does CNN pay you ??

You are such a troll...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

So while agree with you, I want to see everything, the fact is its not trumps fault we are not getting to.

That's how it should be. National security is a real thing. And I wouldn't want the president to have so much power that he could just show the world whatever he liked. Especially after only two years in the job.

So while our current laws are frustrating things right now, I wouldn't want to change them just to give the POTUS more power.
Ever since bush I have wanted less power for that office. Obama grabbed even more. It needs to stop.

The fbi/doj would be wise to release this stuff unredacted though. They are losing the credibility fight on a fair few fronts. They need a win.
edit on 19-9-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It has everything to do with the subject. If there is proof that he had dealings with Russia in his taxes then they are important but if there is nothing in those returns, then he should prove it by releasing his tax returns.

As Metallicus said "What kind of politician gets in the way of "We the People's" right to know? ...What are they hiding?"

You truly are too smart for all of us if you genuinely believe someone operating at the level of a billionaire is going to simply put shady payments from Russia in his personal income tax declarations.

I mean, seriously. Are you 12?

"I see Mr Trump that you've got a revenue source from a 'V Putin'... Is that from a shady Russian deal?"

"Aah, no Mr IRS, that means I have to 'put in' my bank account..."

"oh, I see. All good then..."

Learn about trusts, special purpose vehicles and shell companies...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Now watch the majority of mains stream journalists demand government secrecy over transparency.

This has nothing to do with transparency. When have you known the Trump admin to be transparent about itself, ever?

It's easy to demand transparency from others when it doesn't apply to one's own secrecy.

Trump called for the declassification of what, 21 out of 412 pages of one of the Carter Page FISA warrant renewal applications and the release of an as yet undetermined number of Russian investigation related texts from Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page and Ohr?

This is a calculated move. A strategically timed release of a carefully curated body of information, culled for maximal propaganda and news cycle grabbing potential. And it's a smart play for Trump as there's no real downside. What's the worst case scenario here? Trump world gets a few thousand texts to comb through for ambiguous references? What could one reasonably imagine to be present that would prove the absence of a conspiracy, or a the lack of the influence of bias in decisions?

Let's take bets now how this plays out. Nothing will be definitively resolved of course but there will be some new things open to interpretation and big gaps that can be filled with whatever speculation is required to keep narratives alive.

And of course all Trump supporters are going to be coming out as uncompromising transparency hawks.

Why texts? Why not emails, forms and memos? Why just these people? Why not everyone involved? Let's get the whole picture here. And if we're all going to be such believers in actual transparency, what about the administration? Should we get texts from top WH staff relating to the Russia investigation? What about current DOJ/FBI officials? Imagine what could be in there: conspiring to cover up things, coordinating interference campaigns with members of Congress, controlled leaks to favorable media, maybe concerns about the innocence of individuals from Page and Papadopolous to Manafort, lying to Congress, lying to the FBI, etc.

Of course the admin would simply make a blanket claim of executive privilege and I'm guessing not a lot of Trump supporters' desire for transparency extends to the admin.

Trump can declassify *anything* he wants but not let's pretend this is somehow a righteous crusade for transparency.

You can moan about it all you want, and so can the Dems in Congress. Unfortunately (for them, I mean), this is going to happen.

And afterwards, LOTS of OTHER stuff is gonna happen.

They're not gonna be thrilled about THAT happening either, but they'll be powerless to stop IT, as well.

You anti-Trumpers just can't even seem to BUY a break, can ya?

Good times!

Hehe. Stings, don't it, Princess?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Who do these people think they are working in direct opposition to the President?

More than half the country voted for hillary because they didn't want donald.
My guess is that they think that they are working for those people.
Most of those people are HAPPY with what the dems are doing in congress.

A minor point, but I believe half of the voting population voted for Hillary, not half of the country. You're several hundred million people off...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

LOL

How much does CNN pay you ??

You are such a troll...

And an overly verbose one, at that!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I also find it funny that you think you're having fun with Trump on his twitter....as if he reads your comments and replies....

Some has blocked 4 of my twitter accounts.
Within an hour.

Dude that is so amazing and super resistance! /sarcasm

Sad that you waste your time with it and somehow think it is you really interacting with Trump....

Sorry but it is fun, especially when thinks he's an alpha male but is really nothing but a small man trying too hard to make up for the small things in his life.

I am thinking this is bothering you because you understand his pain.

That's ok. You just keep concentrating on POTUS's "dingding", and let the Adults talk for a few minutes, m'kay?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

No, the first 21 pages of the FISA 302's you are referencing are being released as soon as Friday, concerning Ohr.

The remaining full 302's for others (Page) are coming in full and is broken into two parts, one containg texts.

He didn't order the release of just "21 pages".

Mg

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

The last time I looked at my 1040 I don't remember seeing the line where I'm supposed to compute the amount of collusion I've dealt with the Russians and report it. Could you please point out what line that is?

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Don't you just hate when news outlets and experts say, "as soon as...."?

"The document will be released AS SOON AS this Monday." That's about the weakest time estimate you can get isn't it?

If it's released on Monday...they were correct. If it's not released for a year, they were still correct!

Sadly reporters and pundits use that phraseology all the time, because they can't admit that they have no freakin idea.
edit on 9/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

edit on 9/19/18 by Gothmog because: Removed own post - lack of sleep

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

it's a shame Mueller is so inept. If we put a real smart guy in charge of the Trump investigation, they might look at his TAX RECORDS. Derp. go back to your bridge troll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join