It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK agrees to remove nuke site with oversight from International Parties..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yup. While Stormy talks mushrooms and the Chinese Enabler Feinstein creates more drama the leaders of NK and SK have met again to discuss moving forward with denuclearization. To be clear, the US will accept nothing less than full compliance. This meeting set a tone that may be beneficial to all moving forward.

Link

South Korean President Moon Jae-in on Tuesday said his North Korean counterpart Kim Jong Un has agreed to take specific steps toward denuclearization. Moon, who was in Pyongyang to attend a summit with Kim, said North Korea will dismantle a missile test site and launch pad in the presence of international observers, according to the Associated Press.

The South Korean president also said Kim had agreed to dismantle a nuclear complex on the condition that the United States takes corresponding steps. The two leaders held a joint press conference in the North Korean capital following the second day of their closely watched joint summit, their third this year.

Moon's visit is the first time in more than a decade that a South Korean president has visited the North. "What I want to achieve is peace. Not a tentative change which could be volatile dependent on international situation, but irreversible, permanent and unwavering peace, regardless of what might happen on the global arena," Moon tweeted prior to the summit, according to CNN.

The other standout piece is that Kim has agreed to travel to Seoul.

In addition to the agreements announced by Moon, Kim also reportedly plans to visit Seoul "in the near future," the AP reported. He would be the first North Korean leader to visit the South Korean capital since of World War II.

NK needs a flow of income. It is seeing that in the US it can break free of the restraint of China and has a great partner in SK. Production and Commerical jobs are ready to flow.

Plus, there is the Olympics. It is all about the money is it not?

The two countries will also seek to jointly host the 2032 Summer Olympics, Moon reportedly said.

Stop with the negative. Stop with the resistance. If NK wants to enter the world stage let them and this way we have a foothold for US bases. C'mon, you don't think the US wants to denuke NK to bring peace do you...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As much as I love this announcement:

The South Korean president also said Kim had agreed to dismantle a nuclear complex on the condition that the United States takes corresponding steps.

Not going to happen.
So war still looms.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I guess you did not read the OP...

C'mon, you don't think the US wants to denuke NK to bring peace do you...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I guess you did not read the OP...

C'mon, you don't think the US wants to denuke NK to bring peace do you...

What exactly are you implying by that statement?

. C'mon, you don't think the US wants to denuke NK to bring peace do you...

edit on 18-9-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Quote for context

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I was confirming that the WAR still looms....

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So you think that this is all a setup So that the USA can invade NK without the threat of nuclear retaliation?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I guess you resort to ad homs rather than discuss opinions.

Why would the USA "dismantle a nuclear complex" when they are in a strong position of arguing from authority (by might).
This is posing by the NK, and showing how they are not willing to back up the promises they have made in the recent past.

For all of Trump's bloviating; it is a common tactic to pay lip service to those subordinates you want to appease while hoping they will fold into the structure.
At some point you have to remove the problem if it dosn't work itself out.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So you think that this is all a setup So that the USA can invade NK without the threat of nuclear retaliation?

In their defense, we are still at war with NK. It will not take an act of congress, just an act of the president. And that theater can be active again in no time.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

North Korea will dismantle a missile test site and launch pad in the presence of international observers, according to the Associated Press.

A missile site. Singular. Let us know if this single site even gets taken down. And definitely let us know if anymore than one get taken down.

How many missile sites does NK have?

In what operating capacity is the single site referred to here in?

Kim is a known liar and I will believe NOTHING he says until it is done.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

In their defense, we are still at war with NK. It will not take an act of congress, just an act of the president. And that theater can be active again in no time.

Which is exactly why I'm posing these questions to Mata. Mata is a Trump supporter so I find the cynicism a little confusing.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

you need to remove the 'U.S.' from this equation.
NK is doing things on their terms, despite all the threats from Washington. they're looking for their best interests and the US cant touch a hair on little Kim. otherwise, the US would have tried to 'free' NK long ago, since all the countries we 'free' are always smaller and unable to fight back in any militaristic capacity...

you seriously believe t that the US is looking for the best interest of NK and SK?
the US brings nothing but war and destruction.

NK is a dictatorship entering the world stage because they deem that they should at this juncture, and with every move they make, they sent an envoy to China two weeks prior.
there is no US in this scenario, trump wanted to drop bombs and Kim didn't bat an eye...

the bottom line is, China has successfully, and without firing a single bullet, squeezed the USA out of the South China sea, the biggest trade cargo hub in the world.

SK is taking notice, they much prefer non-conflict resolutions in their affairs; which is an oxymoron when the USA is involved.
every country in Asia are taking notice and the war mongers lose a little more grip against the world.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

North Korea has learned from Iran; but is being much more masterful at the game.

Turn down the bluster, invite international inspectors (again), show a diplomatic peaceful side openly and you get trade and cash.

Meanwhile, go underground with production, limit the inspector inspections, use your new economy to build a larger war machine, engage with proxies and screw the citizens.

Now, I would be completely impressed if N. Korea walked away from its production. Highly doubtful, but hopeful.

Mg

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is all good news and bizarrely a positive outcome for Trump's rather odd approach to foreign policy. It seems the main critics are those who never thought it would happen so perused the policy of appeasement and acceptance of the North's poor behaviour.

A denuclearised North Korea, and a warming of relations between the North and the South has to be beneficial. The losers will be China who will lose a little bit of control of their puppet as the potential for Korean unification takes a tiny step closer. There is no linking NK denuclearisation to the removal of US armed forces who remain as a guarantor of South Korea.

North Korea is still barking mad, but perhaps getting itself on medication.
edit on 19/9/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
America has had years to destroy NK and yet they havnt done anything more than sanctions and strengthening defensive capability in SK.

I would say that the US has nothing to gain with this operation ongoing and it is so long since the Korean War that the state of tensions is almost irrelevant to the US.

Hopefully we are not seeing a smokescreen.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

All the liberals will be by shortly to smear Moon and tell you Kim has just played him like a moron.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

North Korea has learned from Iran; but is being much more masterful at the game.

Turn down the bluster, invite international inspectors (again), show a diplomatic peaceful side openly and you get trade and cash.

Meanwhile, go underground with production, limit the inspector inspections, use your new economy to build a larger war machine, engage with proxies and screw the citizens.

Now, I would be completely impressed if N. Korea walked away from its production. Highly doubtful, but hopeful.

Mg

Trade and cash was past presidents. Trump isn't playing that game as far as I can tell.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Obama will probably call a press conference soon to remind the American people and the world that he made this possible before Trump.

Obama did it!

edit on 19-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Recall the McDonald's comment for one?

Yes, of course it was very much part of a non -nuke N..Korea.

Mg
edit on 19-9-2018 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I recall them talking about it someday. Not sure how allowing American culture to infiltrate nk is cash and trade.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It is not too out there to think that both sides should lower their weapons at the same time.

If i were kim i would do it in the same manner.

This surrender and we will talk is quite dumb.

Dismantle the nukes while removing sanctions.

Do not make an issue about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join