It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The committee's investigators have real investigative powers. That is their job.
They also can take witness testimony under oath and penalty of perjury.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The committee's investigators have real investigative powers. That is their job.

On par with the fbi?

And if so than what do we need the fbi for?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Vasa Croe

entities involved.

I don't like that it was just a committee that has investigated because what kinds of real investigative power would the judiciary committee really have?

But it also looks like the fbi doesn't have anything to go on so they wont be able to investigate properly.

Unfortunately this looks like it's going to end up a he said she said deal.....

This isn't good for us as a country....unanswered questions.

They have plenty of investigative power....

www.judiciary.senate.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From twitter:

Staff have contacted a schoolmate who claimed on social media this week to have info related to Dr. Ford’s allegations. Committee has not yet heard back.

A fourth witness. I wonder what they will have to say about all this?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

On par with the fbi?

And if so than what do we need the fbi for?

The FBI has no jurisdiction in this case anyway. She can get a "real" criminal investigation conducted by a law enforcement entity if she filed charges in Maryland. The fact that she hasn't done that raises serious doubt to me that she really wants an investigation. Her lawyer should know the FBI has no jurisdiction. Demanding an FBI investigation seems like an obvious ploy, so the media can report the Republicans are "denying" her that, despite the fact that it can't happen. Either that or her lawyer is completely incompetent.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

From twitter:

Staff have contacted a schoolmate who claimed on social media this week to have info related to Dr. Ford’s allegations. Committee has not yet heard back.

A fourth witness. I wonder what they will have to say about all this?

That's old. They did get ahold of this other "witness". Turns out she wasn't really a witness.

See here.

A former classmate of the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault is backtracking on her own statement in which she definitely said Kavanaugh was involved in the alleged incident. "That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR in a report published Thursday. "I can't say that it did or didn't."

edit on 22 9 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That "witness" already publicly recanted.
She pulled her Facebook post and says she has no first-hand knowledge.
She was probably just puffing up and looking for "likes".

edit on 9/22/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

That witness already publicly recanted.
She pulled her Facebook quote and says she has no first-hand knowledge.
She was probably just puffing up and looking for "likes".

She said she got caught up in the "I'm empowered!" hype and didn't expect anyone to question her original post. It's drilled into their head that they can make false claims and no one can question them or it's "sexist".

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They talked to 4 people. Are you sure this is the person that hadn't gotten back to them that the committee was talking about two days ago?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It is the only person who made such claims on social media.
And it seems that is who they were talking about.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

They talked to 4 people. Are you sure this is the person that hadn't gotten back to them that the committee was talking about two days ago?

Yes....she was just a random. She posted something on FB and quickly deleted it. She didnt know Ford personally and her story actually was very contradictory to Fords.

She said the whole school was talking about it after it happened....unfortunately Ford said it happened during the summer so the whole school wasnt in session....

And Ford stated that she had told no one about it until 2012.....

She was basically trying to ride the metoo train.....

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yes....she was just a random. She posted something on FB and quickly deleted it. She didnt know Ford personally and her story actually was very contradictory to Fords.

She said the whole school was talking about it after it happened....unfortunately Ford said it happened during the summer so the whole school wasnt in session....

And Ford stated that she had told no one about it until 2012.....

There was also a bunch of people who went to that school who came out and sent a letter to support Ford, alleging that "things like this" happened all the time there. That may be, but that in no way proves Ford's claim. But the media keeps mentioning all these "backers" as if they're somehow evidence.

And let's be honest, this kind of thing happens everywhere.

The only people that have been interviewed under oath back Kavanaugh. Let's not forget people lie all the time to the media. Remember all the "witnesses" that said Mike Brown was on his knees and got assassinated? They all changed their story when they were sworn before the Grand Jury.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That was dumb. I respect the #metoo movement. Hate to see someone abuse it like that.

People need to think about what damage they are doing before they post stuff .......

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
One thing I think we should all keep in mind is that people are not above falsely claiming stuff for political purposes. There's been a number of fake hate crimes alleged that can be traced back to hatred of Trump.

Recently, a guy shot himself to protest Trump.

In the past, people have set themselves on fire to protest things they found intolerable or unjustifiable.

So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that this woman is so convinced that women will have no rights if Kavanaugh gets confirmed (thanks Dems/media) that she's willing to endure all this craziness just to derail his confirmation.

I know, I know, that's "sexist". Maybe, if I didn't think men were crazy enough to do stuff like this too, like the male that shot himself "to protest Trump" as I linked earlier. Gender really has nothing to do with it, some people are just bat# crazy over Trump and anything to do with Trump.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So...lets think this out...
Ford says there were 4 boys and 2 girls at this house.
Ford names Kavanaugh, Judge, (another boy--do we know his name?)...but Ford does NOT name the other girl.

The house obviously belonged to the parents of one of these six kids.
The house was not where Ford lived...so not her parent's house.

It should not be too difficult to find out which house this was and to which of the kids' parents it belonged.

The other boy apparently was Patrick Smyth and he denied Ford's allegations as well.

CNN link Source

Edit add: I would like to hear from the 4th boy/girl that was supposedly there. That individual has been in the dark since 2012 for Ford apparently. Plus, honestly, am amazed there have been absolutely nothing from the 2012 therapist who supposedly noted 4 boys assaulting her in error. To me...that is amazing since her only evidence given is her supposed notes from this unknown therapist who was in error...one would think the therapist would want to clear their name on the public allegation at least.
edit on 9 22 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just heard that Ford's attorneys have responded. They claim they are willing to continue negotiations.

Really? What have the Senate Judiciary Committee been trying to do since last Monday? Nothing has changed since then. Ford still claims she wants to testify, but she still will not agree to a date or any conditions. Last night on Tucker Carlson, I actually heard one of Ford proponents saying that if the Senate wouldn't let Ford testify, the media would.

What? She's had a freakin' week! All she had to do was show up... or agree to let the Senate investigators show up to her... or testify behind closed doors... it's no wonder she never reported this when it happened, as the police probably wouldn't agree to her terms!

Enough of this. Take the vote Monday. If the MD PD wants to investigate, let them. Grassley, let's see that backbone you seemed to grow this week.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It is beginning to seem like this is a hostage situation. Sometimes, you have to be strong enough to say, NO! History has proven that negotiating with extremist that have hostages is meaningless. The Senate Committee need to take back control of their confirmation!

Edit add: this is not necessarily about Ford or her Allegation now. Other extremists have taken control and are simply using her. Sad, but obviously true.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So...lets think this out...
Ford says there were 4 boys and 2 girls at this house.
Ford names Kavanaugh, Judge, (another boy--do we know his name?)...but Ford does NOT name the other girl.

The house obviously belonged to the parents of one of these six kids.
The house was not where Ford lived...so not her parent's house.

It should not be too difficult to find out which house this was and to which of the kids' parents it belonged.

The other boy apparently was Patrick Smyth and he denied Ford's allegations as well.

CNN link Source

Edit add: I would like to hear from the 4th boy/girl that was supposedly there. That individual has been in the dark since 2012 for Ford apparently. Plus, honestly, am amazed there have been absolutely nothing from the 2012 therapist who supposedly noted 4 boys assaulting her in error. To me...that is amazing since her only evidence given is her supposed notes from this unknown therapist who was in error...one would think the therapist would want to clear their name on the public allegation at least.

I find it amazing that apparently this was the ONLY therapist note on it.

Youd think, if this was some huge event in her life, there would be years of notes after it. You think the therapist would have followed up.

The whole thing stinks of BS.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Keep in mind also that a major part of a Psychology education is undergoing therapy.
If this had been a major issue in her life, Dr Ford would have been talking about this as part of her own education and training.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
At this point I think Grassley needs to say "Enough," and move on with the vote.
There has been a week of extended offers to the accuser.
There has been 2 months that individuals on the committee have know of the allegations.
There has been a final timeline set of today at 2:30 East coast time.

It is time.
Put it to vote.

There are ways to remove him if any proofs appear.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join