It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
thefederalist.com...

think Christine Blasey Ford isn’t lying, but she isn’t telling the truth. After Ford went public with her charge that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her more than 35 years ago, I initially did not think the story was true. I suspected Ford had been dispatched by the left to thwart Kavanaugh’s impending confirmation. The facts seemed to support that view: Ford never mentioned the purported assault to anyone at the time, or at any time over the following 20-plus years. When Ford first spoke of the supposed incident in couple’s therapy, she didn’t finger Kavanaugh. She also claims no recollection of where, or even when, the alleged attack occurred. The calculated timing of Ford’s accusation, coupled with her coordination with the media and Democrats to weaponize her last-minute attack, confirmed my opinion. After all, Sen. Dianne Feinstein sat on Ford’s letter since July, never questioning Kavanaugh about the allegations. Only after the Senate Judiciary Committee concluded its hearings on Kavanaugh’s nomination did Feinstein act, issuing a press release cryptically announcing that she had referred allegations of misconduct to the FBI. Ford then gave cover to Feinstein’s claim that the senior senator had withheld the letter because Ford had sought confidentiality. Ford insisted she only went public when leaks threatened her anonymity. But last month, Ford paid for a polygraph test and apparently scrubbed her social media and professional profiles, which is clear preparation to go public when the timing proved ideal. As battle lines hardened on Monday—with politicians and pundits declaring their respective belief in, and support for, Kavanaugh or Ford—things got ugly. The right mined for dirt on Ford. Negative student reviews (of another professor with a similar name!) began making the rounds, as did claims Kavanaugh’s mother had foreclosed on the Ford family home. Then came internet reports portraying Ford as a promiscuous drunk, and posting the names and contact information for her high school classmates at Holton-Arms, a Bethesda, Maryland all-girl prep school. The left exhumed Kavanaugh’s decades-old high school yearbook and circulated the teen’s senior-year service as the Keg City Club treasurer as evidence supporting Ford’s allegations. (Many forget the legal drinking age in the 1980s was 18). Fellow Holton-Arms alums crafted a letter declaring that Ford’s story is “all too consistent with stories we heard and lived while attending Holton. Many of us are survivors ourselves,” implying tales peddled while they were in school involved the Supreme Court nominee. While partisans plunged headlong into the nastiness, Kavanaugh publicly proclaimed his innocence. “This is a completely false allegation. I have never done anything like what the accuser describes—to her or to anyone,” Kavanaugh stated, adding that “because this never happened, I had no idea who was making the accusation until she identified herself yesterday.” In defending his integrity, Kavanaugh never attacked Ford. The person most affected by Ford’s charges did not call her a liar, but offered the more charitable interpretation, telling Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) that Ford “may be mistaking him for someone else.” When partisan passions are put aside, Kavanaugh’s suggestion provides the most compassionate and reasonable way the competing stories can be reconciled with reality. After all, Ford is not claiming that a boy took advantage of her, or that her attacker was too drunk to understand her no. No, Ford is claiming that the boy who pinned her to a bed put his hand over her mouth to silence her protests, and with such force that she feared he would kill her. Such abusive behavior toward one young lady will be repeated and only escalate with time. But Kavanaugh has undergone six FBI background investigations from 1993 to 2018 and none of those investigations unearthed any similar claims. Nor has anyone reported similar allegations to the Republican judiciary members or staff. Additionally, two women Kavanaugh dated in the ‘80s have since come forward and made clear that the young Kavanaugh was not abusive toward girls or young women. “Kind and polite and respectful,” and a “stand-up guy, full of integrity” who “treated no one with disrespect,” the women described their former beau.
federalists take on the matter which focuses on the timing of the accusation and gives an example of how they both could be telling the truth and that she is perhaps mistaken

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Latest excuse for her not testifying Monday is coming out....she is afraid to fly.

I mean this is getting ridiculous.

This is very obviously a ruse. She is afraid to have her picture taken,
that is what is going on here, and she would not want to be confronted
with a microphone in her face.

Think about that one lonely picture that she has managed to control,
and circulate all over the internet. She appears to be on a very high
mountain. She is supposedly a surfer, and a shark spotter....but
afraid to fly? Not for a split second am I buying that....lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Her attorney is now asking for another day to decide.

I hope that Grassley sticks to his deadline. They are stalling to give them time to think of some other stall tactic.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Minutes before a 10 p.m. deadline set by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, an attorney for Christine Blasey Ford asked for another day to decide. Lawyer Debra Katz said the time limit’s “sole purpose is to bully Dr. Ford and deprive her of the ability to make a considered decision that has life-altering implications for her and her family.”

apnews.com...

And who could have guessed, my prediction again comes true

Just a coincidence I am sure that she wants to delay again

This is the play for the Dems

Have her delay and make unreasonable requests and when the republicans have had enough scream they all don’t care about rape

This is so transparent it’s laughable

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Great news ... just read Grassley's statement:

"Despite the fact that the July 30th letter remains hidden, my committee has been investigating the allegations and has heard from multiple witnesses since Sunday,” Grassley said in a statement..."

It is way past time for the Democrats to be ignored and for their utter BS to no longer be tolerated.

That part of Grassley's statement is important. We know the Judicial Committee was investigating. He is making it clear to the lawyers that they have investigated and interviewed multiple witnesses.

Think about that.

IF they had found any hint of truth to her claims, do you think they would want to go on with hearing her testimony? No, in that case they would likely not take the risk and would drop Kavanaugh.

They now know something. And they are looking forward to questioning her. And her lawyers know this, and they are trying to figure out what was discovered in the investigation. That might affect their decision to have her testify at all. Of course, either way, they are going to keep attempting to delay the vote.

edit on 9/21/18 by BlueAjah because: edit

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The original "hidden" unredacted letter is one of the most curious things about all this.

Can someone give ONE good reason Fiendstein would NOT share the unredacted letter with the rest of the committee?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Everyone can hem haw all the details, finer points and minutia about this accusation but no one (I think) can dispute that when Kavinaugh is appointed it will be the end of progressive end around's when progressives cannot get legislatures to pass their desired bills.

They make claims this that and other but in the end its pure Dee-disaster for them and they know it.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
21 minutes ago Grassley just called her out.

This isnt a guy that says something like this without KNOWING she is full of crap...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Now who's the bully!? Grasselly caved and gave her another day. She's just angling to make Kavanaughs life a living hell. She is the aggressor and violator! This is an abusive woman!

Kavanaugh Accuser Misses 10PM Deadline, Grassley Grants Demand For One More Day

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have to say, after watching him power through the objections at the confirmation hearings and now this, I am gaining a newfound respect for Senator Grassley.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This isnt a guy that says something like this without KNOWING she is full of crap...

So.. why did he fold? twitter.com...

Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive

UNIPARTY.......

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I don't see that so much as folding as giving one last chance. There's no real downside for the confirmation schedule; Wednesday had already been offered as an alternative to Monday. If she responds positively to Wednesday, then nothing is lost now that wasn't already lost; if she tries to stall again, there is plenty of evidence of bending over backwards in a vain attempt to placate to simply slam the door and go on with a Monday vote.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
eert.. wrong thread
edit on Fri, 21 Sep 2018 23:35:57 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Good point. Another day on the weekend is not really delaying. I just hope they don't let her keep pushing it off.

I do think that Grassley really does want her to testify. His attitude shows that he knows something from their investigation.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

So.. why did he fold? twitter.com...

Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive

UNIPARTY.......

I think they have definitive proof she is lying already.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Good point. Another day on the weekend is not really delaying. I just hope they don't let her keep pushing it off.

I do think that Grassley really does want her to testify. His attitude shows that he knows something from their investigation.

I think the same.

I believe either something has come up from their investigation or they have some other definitive proof she is lying.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
She has a George Soros lawyer, you think she's been put up to this?? LOL, heck yeah! I think it is reprehensible to all other assault victims to politicise it like this. Kavanaugh has been on the federal bench for 10 years already, but surprise, the Soros machine comes out when he's considered for the Supreme Court. Soros must have offered her some mighty big payout from this.

KAVANAUGH ACCUSER’S LAWYER CAUGHT ON CAMERA: ‘WE ARE GOING TO RESIST’
edit on 22-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
whelan was looking up ford before her name was even made public... oh snapples.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

This all goes back to Feinstein sitting on this for weeks then throwing it out in the final hours. It could have been dealt with and done long before now, even with the accuser delays, etc.

That's the real problem for democrats in all of this.

Everyone should be able to see that for what it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

ya, that's the real problem. lol

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join