It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Xtrozero

all of them drinking was a crime, whoever sold them the booze or helped them get it should have been prosecuted. and where were the parents who owned this house, they probably should have had some kind of repercussions for this...
gee, that's two crimes right there, providing alchohol to a minor and child neglect!

along with assault...

Please go back to 1980 and say all this...it means nothing back then..read my post on what the 80s were like...if you do not like it today then I don't give a crap...

A cop pulling over a person under the age of 18 (drinking age back then) wouldn't do crap..tell them to drive slow...

Keep applying today norms on stuff that was 30 plus years ago....lol does work...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I'm not making any accusation here... and sorry for using your name, but, I figured by doing so, I would be showing just how outlandish his statement is!!!
unless of course you agree with him, that this is just normal teenage behavior (as decribed by her).... then well....
one would have to assume that alot of the guys on these boards were just normal teenagers behaving this way!
like I said, if yous don't want to believe her that is one thing... but claiming that my sons, and everyone elses sons, who were just normal teenagers at one time or another were going around doing this kind of crap! THEY WEREN'T!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if he did it or not.......
what IS described is assault!!!
weather or not he did anything is still to be determined..
but what is being described is assault!
get it???

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No sorry I don’t accept this weak apology

You don’t bring my name in saying I must have assualted women in your whims

This is exactly what many people are worried about

We want sexual abuse to be taken seriously

But if we don’t totally agree with some, then we must be sexual assaulters

Do you even understand what an intolerant extremist that makes you?

You belittle all real sexual assault victims with your baseless claims

People like you that accuse anyone who doesn’t totally agree with you as being an assualter not only ruin lives by falsely labeling people as predators, but you cause a backlash that makes people not want to deal with actual predators

Perhaps if you would have had a sincere apology it would be different

But no, you smear my name as possibly assualying women, then say sorry but I thought that would help prove a point

Disgusting

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wasn't even ten years old and my mom was sending me off to the store to buy her cigarettes, it was legal then, I could legally buy cigarettes, of course, I need my mom's note or well, the person at the cash register wouldn't sell them to me. but still it was legal, no laws were broken. now, it's against the law to sell minors cigarettes. we still see plenty of kids smoking them, but well, now someone is breaking the law when they provide them to them.
I told a story of what the parties were like back in my teen years.... was pot illegal back then???
was providing alchohol to minors illegal back in the 80's? pretty sure it was, matter of fact by that time, I don't think you could even bring a minor into a bar. (I spent lots and lots of time in bars when I was a kid... legally! ]

doesn't matter if the cops, your parents, your school, let you get away with it, it was still illegal. and, if what some are claiming is true that the girls were being assaulted as described, I have to say, then the cops, the parents, and the schools that let you get away with it was rather negligent!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

More men need to take up for themselves when they are casually and not so casually accused of such things.

There are a lot of man-haters in the world. The reasons are many and varied, but you can spot them by there flippant nastiness and hyperbolic accusations.

Men are not the creeps these militant hags want women to think they are. Sure, there are some honest-to-gosh molesters, rapists, and creeps out there, but most men are not those things, even when they might take flirtatiousness a little too far. Normal women know how to handle it with finesse and class.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
ya, whatever, my apologies...
I guess taking the time and following my train of thought is too difficult for some...
but when people say that "oh, this is just normal teenage behavior for boys or girls " about something that is assault...
in an attempt to defend one person... they are claiming it's acceptable behavior that most are doing..
so, why criticize the women for acting like all men are like this when it's part of the defense that really, quite a few men are making also... all it's just normal behavior,
talking about how you grab women by the pus is just your normal locker room talk, all men do it, right??
pinning girls in the bed of locked bedrooms against their will silencing her screams is just normal teenage behavior, all teenage boys do it, right??
we should just accept it all as normal.....
happens all the time, so squeeze into those tight jeans girls and carry a strong walking stick with you!! because those poor, poor men, they just can help themselves.... it's just the way they are...
if it sounds offensive to the men, well then maybe the men should stop saying it!!

by the account of the incident that I have read... not judging it those accounts are true or not...
it is describing sexual assault.
if I were to take the information I've read about judge's books and the yearbook (which I kind of have my doubts of it's authenticity, simply because i can't imagine any school allowing it!) I would have to say that it sort of depicts a culture of this type among at least some in the school?
but, judge's books kind of leads me to believe it wasn't attempted rape.
that is just my assessment of it all which doesn't amount to a hill of beans really and god only knows who much of it is true and how much is fiction...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

and if you had read everything I had posted, you would have seen that it wasn't me that was suggesting that most men are creeps... it was someone else, who, I believe WAS A MAN!!
although there's been at least one women who has as they tried to down play the accusation by making it sound like normal behavior.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I am amazed that Christine Ford didn't chose the "closed session" testimony. The public isn't voting 'yea' or 'nea'. The Senators are.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
it's seems to be already open?? since someone decided to open it when they let the cat out of the bag. at least this way, her actual testimony will be out for the public to see, not just the bits and pieces that this party, or that one wish to twist into what they want us to hear??

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

It doesn't matter if he did it or not.......
what IS described is assault!!!
weather or not he did anything is still to be determined..
but what is being described is assault!
get it???

You want to put 100 million in jail for the same offense? Can you explain to me what the actual assult was that 90% of teens seem to do even today, much less back then?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

talking about how you grab women by the pus is just your normal locker room talk, all men do it, right??
pinning girls in the bed of locked bedrooms against their will silencing her screams is just normal teenage behavior, all teenage boys do it, right??

Well first, I have found women to be nastier in conversation than many men, so get over the grab her by the crotch thing.

She didn't say she was grabs in a private area, didn't say she was even kissed...Kids that know each other have the tendency to play around, teens play around sexually, in this case if he thought it was a joke and she didn't, I can understand that, but in the end nothing happened which means he stopped and didn't continue down some path of rape etc. This leads me to believe that was not his intention all the time and IF (big if) it did happen he was just playing around and she took it wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

was providing alchohol to minors illegal back in the 80's? pretty sure it was, matter of fact by that time, I don't think you could even bring a minor into a bar. (I spent lots and lots of time in bars when I was a kid... legally! ]

I sat in a bar next to my dad all the time back then... Lol just stop...we are talking social norms compared to today and you want to apply today's social norms on the past... does not work.

doesn't matter if the cops, your parents, your school, let you get away with it, it was still illegal. and, if what some are claiming is true that the girls were being assaulted as described, I have to say, then the cops, the parents, and the schools that let you get away with it was rather negligent!

Well good... I don't care that you feel the WORLD was negligent back then... get over it...

edit on 21-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I would say it is quite obvious that young men at high school or college behave in ways they would not when they get older. Drinking, chasing girls, objectifying girls... that of course doesn't mean they all try to assault young girls.
The stories about Kavanaughs high school are not unusual or in any way contribute to whether he his guilty of what Ford is accusing him of.

So far nothing suggests she is is telling the truth. She's been given the opportunity to try and convince the Senate she is being truthful. The entire burden of proof should be on her.

I certainly hope this case goes a way to ending the ridiculous trend of believing women just because they say they have been assualted.
edit on 21/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

no, I haven't really found a copy of the yearbook online, only partial copies of it. I'm just accepting that there may have been another person in the school that looked alot like Kavanaugh...
in which case, that would be something worth looking into if someone were to seriously investigate this.
which, I am sorry if you only are gonna allow kavanaugh and his accuser to testify and that is it...
you aren't investigating it seriously and you aren't gonna accomplish much of anything.

They are investigating. The Republicans are investigating. I wonder why the Democrats are not participating in the investigation?

Senate Committee: We've Been Investigating Kavanaugh Allegations. It'd Be Nice for Dems to Join Us

The Judicial Committee has their own staff investigators. They get a bigger budget for this during nomination hearings to research the nominee. This is their job.

Please stop believing the MSM. They will tell you that there is no investigation.

On Thursday, the Senate Judiciary Committee outlined the steps it had taken to investigate Christine Blasey Ford's sexual assault allegations against President Trump's second Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh. Ford's attorneys have demanded an FBI investigation, even though this duty falls under the Senate's purview. The Republican-majority committee invited Democrats — who have not taken part — to join the investigation.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I followed your train of thought just fine

You had a problem with something another member said

So you said I must sexually assault women when I never agreed in any way with what the member said

You think that is perfectly fine, because you are so morally superior that it’s ok to accuse people with no evidence whatsoever of being a bad person who commits sexual assault as long as it helps prove your point

Apparently you can’t follow any rational persons train of though as to why that is disgusting

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Now you're bringing up what Obama did?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: carewemust
She has agreed to testify this coming Thursday, but only if Kavanaugh goes first.

That's not how it supposed to work. The accuser always goes first. Then the defendant has a chance to respond to the accusations.

So, she does not want to give him a chance to respond afterwards to what she claims?

That's the general idea.

Still, I think its more likely that she has no intention of testifying under oath and is making demands that she knows the Senate should not and likely will not agree to. If/when the Senate rejects her demands, the story will be that the GOP Senate were the ones being unreasonable, denying her the chance to tell her story, blah, blah, blah.

On the off-chance that the Senate caves, I very strongly suspect that there will be another round of excuses as to why she can't testify later next week, and more attempts to drag this circus out for another week.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Perhaps we should just go back to the Victorian Era in terms of mores and standards. That way, everyone's virtue would be protected.

Perhaps the sexual revolution is not such a good thing, especially if it leads us to a place like we're in today.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I am amazed that a citizen is making such demands of Congress.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join