It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Investigation? Fine.

Good. This is reportedly a fine woman, and he is reportedly the same.
There is only one way to sort through this.

And it's being prevented by this Congress.
It's unjust. Anyway, it has sort of cheered me up that you agree on having an investigation.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: IAMTAT

How many times can "she waited 35 years" be repeated?

And -- perspective.

How was this woman raised? Was she naive? From overprotective parents? Was she raised in a religious environment?

So...again...you ignore my questions.
Sorry if I made you uncomfortable.
Not my intent.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

And -- perspective.

How was this woman raised? Was she naive? From overprotective parents? Was she raised in a religious environment?

After seeing the yearbook snippets from her all girl school, I would say that her family were probably not overly religious nor protective. I checked off her being an innocent girl caught up in a drunken party.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I would say another person that says they did this to her...

That would do it...

I wonder if it would be dismissed as an "I am Spartacus" ploy by the left.

...or that there was indeed another accusation prior to by Ford.

Such as Gorsuch -- doh!

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Denying this woman an investigation is making a mockery of our government.

Can you tell me exactly what will they investigate? 36 years ago, sometime within a two year period, no further memories of the actual, Judge said it is crazy and he never happened too... What else is there outside of a stall tactic. I would have been better if they brought this forward in the past to actually give it time.

The other part is whether there was even a crime since by her own words it did not actually lead to anything...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
twitchy.com... as-spoken-about-for-days-in-school/

But it also doesn’t fit with what’s already been reported: This is interesting. Have not seen this claim reported, and Ford has said she didn't tell anyone or talk about it. t.co... — Jonathan H. Adler (@jadler1969) September 19, 2018 old and busted: nobody knew. we don't even know where or when it happened. new hotness: everybody knew exactly what happened and we all talked about it. — Conn Carroll (@conncarroll) September 19, 2018 Except Ford herself said she told no one about it until 2012, dumdum. t.co... — Andrea Ruth (@AndreaNRuth) September 19, 2018 Here’s what Ford told the Washington Post: Who talked about it? Ms. Ford told the Washington Post she told nobody at the time. t.co... pic.twitter.com/4jO35xnbnL — Meech (@michi83) September 19, 2018 And the timing would be off, too: Also she said she thinks it was during summer vacation. This tweet doesn't fit the facts as Dr Ford has stated them. — Pradheep J. Shanker, M.D., M.S. (@Neoavatara) September 19, 2018 This appears to contradict what Dr. Blasey Ford said in her WaPo interview when she said she didn't tell anyone else about what happened. Also, I thought this supposedly happened in the summer when school was out of session. t.co... — Doug Mataconis (@dmataconis) September 19, 2018 Does this friend think she’s helping here? Because this isn’t helping.
so other supporting "witnesses" give conflicting comments about her story.

The tweet was seized upon as corroboration of Ford’s allegation, but it raised questions because it offered details not mentioned in, or conflicting with, Ford’s version of events.For example, Lisa Banks, Ford’s lawyer, said the incident took place over the summer, NPR reported. Miranda’s now-deleted post placed the party during the school year.
www.westernjournal.com... =dailypm&utm_content=western-journal
Also, Ford indicated in her interview with The Washington Post that she did not discuss the incident until 2012, while Miranda’s tweet indicates it was common knowledge at their school — Holton-Arms in Bethesda, Maryland — in the 1980s.
covering same tweet as above

heavy.com... this man one of the other alleged witnesses disputes fords story as well

“I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as ‘PJ’ who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post,” Smyth says in the letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, according to CNN. “I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh.” CNN reports that the letter continues, “Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women. To safeguard my own privacy and anonymity, I respectfully request that the Committee accept this statement in response to any inquiry the Committee may have.”
so no one that was alleged to have been there backs up fords story at all

www.cnsnews.com... _campaign=0919kgps&utm_content=widget-txt&iectr

CNSNews.com) - Christine Blasey Ford told Sen. Dianne Feinstein in a July 30 letter that there were four people besides herself at the “gathering” in the “early 1980’s” where she alleges future Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who was then a high school student, “sexually assaulted” her. Two of those four were Kavanaugh and his high school classmate, Mark Judge, both of whom have denied Ford’s allegation. Now a third alleged attendee, another Kavanaugh high school classmate named Patrick J. Smyth, has provided a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee rebutting Ford’s story.
same as above no one is corroborating her story of this alleged incident

and finally from boston globe www.bostonglobe.com...

“Believe Women.” This mantra, expressed often on T-shirts and Twitter, reflects the legitimate frustration of women who, over the course of history, have been taken advantage of — economically, politically, and sexually — by more powerful men. But recent calls to defeat the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the US Supreme Court on the basis of a last-minute, decades-old assault allegation are testing the limits of such hashtag feminism. There is no question we must take seriously any and all allegations of sexual misconduct and abuse, including this one. But that does not mean such allegations must be accepted as true simply because they are made by a woman.
and farther into the article

This tweet from @KailiJoy is emblematic: “A woman is trying to protect us from putting an attempted rapist on the Supreme Court, and she’s going to be destroyed for it, and she knows it, and she’s doing it anyway. That’s patriotism.” That’s one way to look at it. Here’s another: A woman is trying to sink a Supreme Court nominee whom she believes (rightly or wrongly) puts Roe v. Wade in jeopardy, and she will be hailed as a hero and a patriot, offered lucrative speaking engagements, and a named professorship at a prestigious university. Or how about this: A young, intoxicated woman is pushed on the bed and groped by an equally intoxicated young man. More than three decades later, during marital counseling, a middle-aged woman mentions the incident without naming the assailant. Still years later, she fills in the blanks and, inaccurately, attaches the name of Brett Kavanaugh to that memory. I am well aware that the mere suggestion of these alternate interpretations may open me up to charges of insensitivity and victim-shaming. But considering other possibilities is not victim-shaming, it’s an attempt to discern the truth. And although it indeed takes great courage to come forward with a sexual misconduct allegation, particularly against someone powerful, one need only consider the fabricated Duke lacrosse case or “Jackie’s” fictional tale of gang rape at the University of Virginia (to say nothing of the scores of college students falsely accused university Title IX tribunals) to see that not every accuser tells the truth. In a just world, a last-minute attempt to stop judicial confirmations based on an uncorroborated allegation of teenage misconduct would not succeed. But in this political climate, will any white male Republican senator have the courage to vigorously cross-examine Kavanaugh’s accuser? Perhaps Senator Susan Collins can offer her male colleagues some political cover. On Tuesday, the Maine Republican tweeted that she would ask the Judiciary Committee to allow counsel for Ford and Kavanaugh to cross-examine each other under oath. Right on cue, Ford’s attorney suggested she might not appear at all, stating that she preferred to have the FBI investigate the matter. This is a delay tactic, pure and simple. Any FBI investigation would involve interviews with Ford, Kavanaugh, and Judge. There is no forensic evidence to collect, given the extensive lapse in time. So why not conduct the interviews in public to allow the senators and the people to assess the credibility of the witnesses? Her hesitation in subjecting herself to cross-examination is telling. But how Collins responds may determine Kavanaugh’s fate.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Investigation? Fine.

Good. This is reportedly a fine woman, and he is reportedly the same.
There is only one way to sort through this.

And it's being prevented by this Congress.
It's unjust. Anyway, it has sort of cheered me up that you agree on having an investigation.

I don't oppose an investigation. I oppose using the issue to interfere with the business of government.
edit on 9/20/2018 by Creep Thumper because: GD A-C.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
and before any one brushes off the last article as "mansplaining" or anything like that this is the author of the above article Jennifer C. Braceras, a former commissioner on the US Commission on Civil Rights, is a senior fellow at the Independent Women’s Forum. www.bostonglobe.com... shes not buying it and neither should we

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I am certainly not denying her an investigation, as long as she can provide compelling enough evidence to warrant it. Why are you denying Kavanaugh a timely vote?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just so we are clear, would you be for not allowing anyone who is accused to work in government that has been accused until there is an investigation?

Do you want Ellison to withdraw until the fbi investigates him

And Cory booker as well who has admitted to groping a woman against their will?

Are you-also outraged that Feinstein sat on this allegation for two months while the fbi was doing a background investigation, for purely political reasons?

are you disgusted with the democrats that haven’t made Ellison withdraw from deputy of the dnc and from his race until the fbi investigates?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Ah , 1980's ...You BET The Kids Were Naughty ! ............)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
freebeacon.com...

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg in a new interview. "I can't say that it did or didn't." It's a 180 from what Miranda wrote on Facebook Wednesday—the post is now deleted—attesting to Ford's credibility, saying, "The incident did happen" and "many of us heard about it in school." Kavanaugh has denied Ford's allegation that he drunkenly pinned her to a bed at a house party in the early 1980s, groped her and tried to stifle her screams before she escaped. However, Ford said she told no one about the alleged attack until a therapy session in 2012 with her husband. Miranda and Ford attended the prestigious Holton-Arms School at the time of the alleged attack, while Kavanaugh was a student at another elite school, Georgetown Preparatory.
so the lady the commented the other day has now changed her story

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Just so we are clear, would you be for not allowing anyone who is accused to work in government that has been accused until there is an investigation?

Are you-also outraged that Feinstein sat on this allegation for two months while the fbi was doing a background investigation, for purely political reasons?

are you disgusted with the democrats that haven’t made Ellison withdraw from deputy of the dnc and from his race until the fbi investigates?

Solid points!

Not sure how this gets sorted out, especially if she refuses to add her testimony in any way. Might be the Dems goal to slow this all down or derail this? Seems that way since they sat on this evidence until they could play their cards to sabotage Trump and his pick. If she cannot prove her allegation, Kavanaugh could sue her if he gets discarded. Hope she realizes that. Maybe George Soros promised her millions.
edit on 20-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

LMAO

All these preppies...
It's like Hollywood central casting vomited all the "Clueless Part 2" wannabes all over the floor of the Senate.
Lololol

Actually it's really not funny, it's very very sad that the halls of our government, with it's checks and balances has been turned into a partisan 3 ring circus by those who would do anything to obstruct the forward progress of this nation at any cost.
edit on 9201818 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: Grambler

Solid points!

Why thank you!

Look I want to give this woman the benefit of the doubt

She should be allowed to testify and be heard

But it is clear the democrats that sat on this for two months are disgustingly using sexual accusations as a political weapon

This is further proved by their double standards with Ellison, booker, Clinton, etc.

It’s also frustrating to see posters on here that I know have a good heart and passion for victims of sexual violence say nothing about the democrats belittling these alleged victims by using them as political pawns, or ignoring alleged victims when they are on the wrong political side (like Ellison’s accuser)

edit on 20-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Frankly, when I was a kid, a lot of people fooled around. We didn't go running around 30 years later claiming rape or the like, which is why, again frankly, I don't buy her story.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
imgur.com... now i will preface this as i have no idea if its true as i have never heard of the guy tweeting but its at least an interesting read and if true could explain what actually happened ,again not posting this assuming its factual just letting people see if incase they dont visit the same forums and areas of the internet that i do .

the guy who posted it thinks he has the id or at least a theory of who actually assaulted her and they do kind of look alike went to same school and his home is in the corect location based on fords shaky testimony

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

And -- perspective.

So...again...you ignore my questions.
Sorry if I made you uncomfortable.
Not my intent.

Actually, I was at the gym working out.

Ask again.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I guess she's not convincing me either. She's cagey about giving testimony, no friends or family can corroborate what she said. And she waited to sandbag Kavanaugh right before he was offered a SCOTUS position!! Why wait 30+ years if you think you can nail the guy!? I think she's being given every opportunity here, but she is sabotaging herself and him.
edit on 20-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
have you seen his????
I haven't really seen hers, but to be honest, I can't imagine any school, let alone a private religious school, allowing anything like what's in his to be published! which makes me wonder if they are legit, or maybe these kids are rich enough to get together and publish a secondary one themselves or something. or maybe if you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you just don't worry, especially at that age, about how the things that you are doing might affect your job opportunities in the future.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join