It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Vasa Croe

“Which is what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep. That’s been a good thing for all of us.”

I remember there was this case where a young woman claimed she was raped by a bunch of young men at a party. All the young men came out and denied it, but everyone chose to believe the young woman.

In the end, all those young men's lives were ruined, but it came out that the young woman had lied, but only after they lost their scholarships, their university had kicked them out, etc., and a prominent politician had used the case to attempt to further his career.

But you know, they just a bunch of white men playing lacrosse at Duke, so I'm sure their parents could afford it all.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Annee

I've never been raped, thankfully, but I've had three very close calls, and like Ms. Ford, had something happen to interrupt the assault, or I would have been.

I never reported any of them. Too humiliating. I just wanted to get over it and move on with my life.
But if one of those people should turn up running for a high office, I would come forth. I would feel it was my duty as an American patriot.

Right!

If the court system was different, but it isn't.

The accuser gets dragged through the mud.

Single mom, can't miss work, word gets out, etc etc etc.

But, he shows up later for a high political office -- it's a game changer.

not that you would ever admit it, but the real issue here isn't so much the charge or the crime, it's the timing. It looks suspect.

I'd put it in perspective for you and substitute Kavanaugh's name for Obama's, but since that didn't happen, you wouldn't get it.

I was raped?

Were you?

I know what I did at the time and what I would do in this instance.

My "I get" is from real experience.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I've never been raped, thankfully, but I've had three very close calls, and like Ms. Ford, had something happen to interrupt the assault, or I would have been.

I never reported any of them. Too humiliating. I just wanted to get over it and move on with my life.
But if one of those people should turn up running for a high office, I would come forth. I would feel it was my duty as an American patriot.

Right!

not that you would ever admit it, but the real issue here isn't so much the charge or the crime, it's the timing. It looks suspect.

I'd put it in perspective for you and substitute Kavanaugh's name for Obama's, but since that didn't happen, you wouldn't get it.

I was raped?

Were you?

I'm sorry to hear that, Annie.
Did they get the guy?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No FBI investigation.

Sen. Grassley shot that one down by pointing out to the accuser that it is not the FBI's job nor is it the Senate's purview to demand the FBI investigate. It's the senate's job to make that investigation. To that end, Ford will have to put up or shut up, but in deference to her perceived discomfort, they have offered her several methods for testimony, several private.

But it's Monday or bust.

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation has supplemented Judge Kavanaugh's background investigation file in light of the allegations raised by your client," Grassley wrote to Debra Katz and Lisa Banks. While the FBI has added to Kavanaugh's background file, weighing claims of sexual assault for a judicial nominee does not fall under the FBI's purview.

"It is not the FBI's role to investigate a matter such as this," Grassley explained. "Before nominating an individual to a judicial or executive office, the White House directs the FBI to conduct a background investigation. The FBI compiles information about a prospective nominee and sends it to the White House. The White House then provides FBI background investigation files to the Senate as a courtesy to help us determine whether to confirm a nominee."

"The FBI does not make a credibility assessment of any information it receives with respect to a nominee. Nor is it tasked with investigating a matter simply because the Committee deems it important," the senator wrote. "The Constitution assigns the Senate, and only the Senate, with the task of advising the President on his nominee and consenting to the nomination if the circumstances merit."

It would be impertinent for the Senate to demand an FBI investigation. "We have no power to commandeer an Executive Branch agency into conducting our due diligence," Grassley wrote. "The job of assessing and investigating a nominee’s qualifications in order to decide whether to consent to the nomination is ours, and ours alone."

So it looks like the Republicans aren't going to play the game for much longer if Grassley has his way.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They shouldn't play the game at all.

As regards the woman in question, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

hey, I would be all for all sexual assault and rape allegations to be under seal and kept private till after they were resolved..

which, in this case, would mean feinstein refers the case to the FBI and they quietly do their best to determine if there is any truth to it. congressional leadership could have discussed the issue behind closed doors after the got the FBI's report back. and everyone just keeps their mouth shut till they are sure there's a reason to open them.
but, I am sure, this just makes too much sense to be realistic!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have to give Grassley and the Republicans kudos for going out of their way to hear this woman's testimony and get it into the official record. It shows a willingness to listen even if some may not completely believe her. She has a platform to give her voice.

I know some posters take offense at my opinion that she has misinterpreted horseplay or has embellished the event over the years. Yes, I use my own personal experiences too. Being raped by my 12 year old brother when I was 6 and later at the age of 13 had my own father molest and try to have sex with me. I spoke up. My brother was removed from the home and my dad was removed after we both undergone lie detector tests and he confessed to the police.

I don't dwell on those experiences, I had learned from them. I was able to know if horseplay was just fun or crossing the line. I try to imagine if I had not had those early real experiences would horseplay seem like sexual assault. Admittedly, it probably would, most definitely. Yet, that does not make it sexual assault.

I am still angry with Dems politicizing this and actually hope this woman who believes she was a victim will not be even more traumatized.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Great breakdown on the therapist notes from a therapist.

Whatcha want to bet her therapist is never known.

I am betting these notes are faked. She is the one that provided them herself....would like to find out if where she had her therapy had a law on the books that prevented the therapist from supplying the notes....

thats gona be a hell of a struggle

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

those with teenage daughters probably don't view what she went through as no big deal...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: CynConcepts

those with teenage daughters probably don't view what she went through as no big deal...

Probably not........ But that's if its even true

And that's the problem here......

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Right!

I was raped?

Were you?

I'm sorry to hear that, Annie.
Did they get the guy?

There is a reason most assaults are not reported.

The system needs to change.

In my case it was an ex-boyfriend. Still forced rape. But, he regretted his actions and never bothered me again.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Amazing how people comment on this horrible experience.

Of course it only an allegation but people should be careful about judging another who IF TRUE went through a life-altering experience

It gets disgusting that politics trumps common sense and decency and empathy

Now I’ve never been raped but have been assaulted on the street and believe me YOU NEVER GET OVER THAT

Any kind of assault where one thinks they may be killed never goes away. It at least stays in the unconscious mind.

That's a reason the woman went to therapy

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

She has put too many conditions on disclosure. VERY suspect. She doesn't want to deal with her actions.

As I said earlier, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So now one of Ms Ford supposed friends from high school
has come forward to collaborate her story.

Only one huge problem, many aspects of her alleged
recollections directly contradict Ms. Fords story.

Ford Classmate Claims Kavanaugh Incident Happened, Then Deletes Facebook Post

There are some inconsistencies with King’s account, however. In an interview with the Washington Post, Ford said that she did not tell anyone about the incident at the time, meaning for King’s claims to be true, Kavanaugh himself or his friend and alleged witness Mark Judge would have had to told others about it.

Additionally, Ford noted that the alleged incident occurred during summer vacation, which conflicts with King saying that people were gossiping about it at school.

www.mediaite.com...

In addition, another friend of Kavanaugh's has come forward to deny
this incident occurred, and also denied ever being at this supposed
party as he was accused of by Ms Ford.

So it seems Ms Ford's story is unraveling rapidly.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Im glad you turned this scumbag in, so it didn't happen to anyone else.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
So now one of Ms Ford supposed friends from high school
has come forward to collaborate her story.

Only one huge problem, many aspects of her alleged
recollections directly contradict Ms. Fords story.

Ford Classmate Claims Kavanaugh Incident Happened, Then Deletes Facebook Post

There are some inconsistencies with King’s account, however. In an interview with the Washington Post, Ford said that she did not tell anyone about the incident at the time, meaning for King’s claims to be true, Kavanaugh himself or his friend and alleged witness Mark Judge would have had to told others about it.

Additionally, Ford noted that the alleged incident occurred during summer vacation, which conflicts with King saying that people were gossiping about it at school.

www.mediaite.com...

In addition, another friend of Kavanaugh's has come forward to deny
this incident occurred, and also denied ever being at this supposed
party as he was accused of by Ms Ford.

So it seems Ms Ford's story is unraveling rapidly.

Yep...I read her statement on FB and Twitter earlier today.

The conflicts are unavoidable....this lady says everyone in school was talking about it, yet according to Ford....they weren't in school...LOL.

Her story is falling apart and I think the therapists note is faked as well, that or doctored.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thehill.com...

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii)  said the Democrats could keep retired Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's seat vacant for two years if need be should the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to replace him fail and should Democrats take the Senate in November.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Of course it only an allegation but people should be careful about judging another who IF TRUE went through a life-altering experience

Now I’ve never been raped but have been assaulted on the street and believe me YOU NEVER GET OVER THAT

Any kind of assault where one thinks they may be killed never goes away. It at least stays in the unconscious mind.

I thought the reason this woman went to therapy was to work on her marriage and she brought up the incident to help explain her own problems with intimacy within her marriage?

Maybe, I misunderstood?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

originally posted by: Willtell

I thought the reason this woman went to therapy was to work on her marriage and she brought up the incident to help explain her own problems with intimacy within her marriage?

Maybe, I misunderstood?

That's what she claims...and oddly it was only brought up that time and never spoken of again....

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

The conflicts are unavoidable....this lady says everyone in school was talking about it, yet according to Ford....they weren't in school...LOL.

Her story is falling apart and I think the therapists note is faked as well, that or doctored.

I read something interesting about her thaeapist's address, it is the
same address as her husband's workplace.

Now that would be another very highly questionable coincidence,
piling up like rotting fish on the shore.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join