It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bert and ernie are gay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Bert and Bernie were the Felix and Oscar of the puppet world
Hint Felix Unger and Oscar Madison
Dang , I dont believe I remembered after all the years...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
At first, like I imagine most rational people were, I was exhausted at the outset of a burgeoning online debate on the sexual orientation of a flippin’ muppet. But after incessantly being subjected to both sides of the argument regardless, I realized that neither side was even grasping the simple children’s lesson that muppet was meant to convey. It is not diversity of artificial constructs like the tone of brown your skin is or who you want to share your special toys with that are important, but rather a diversification of ideas and the mutual respect for differing views.

The writer for Bert & Ernie that saw them as a gay couple and their creator that saw them as just friends are actually both correct in their assessment of the characters. Because it is a freaking TV show! It’s art!! It is subjective!!! If you want to view Bert & Ernie as a gay couple then you are well within your rights to do so. If you just saw them as simply two mismatched roommates cohabitating without giving it another thought, that’s fine too.

It is your interpretation of the art and what it means specifically to you that matters. And if that interpretation means more to you than another’s flippant contention it doesn’t make yours any more or less right. It's still just your interpretation. The only thing that can undermine you from holding your interpretation is an insecurity in your own views. And I feel like that is what we are really debating here.

The lesson to take away from Bert and Ernie is that you can coexist peaceably with someone you don’t see eye to eye with. Why we all work so feverishly hard to fail this lesson in modern society is what we should be addressing instead of whether Bert is the top or the bottom in a children's television show.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Curious how Christian conservative males have an obsession with male homosexuality.

I dont see christian conservatives claiming any of the muppets are gay?

But hey lets demonise someone else

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: olaru12
Curious how Christian conservative males have an obsession with male homosexuality.

They claim it has to do with biblical rules, ie. dongs and muffins = godly goodness and s#. but in reality, there's a lot of denied curiosity and an equal amount of self-repression & self-loathing going on. The bible excuse only covers so much territory here, the rest is a lot of projecting and excuses. Normal people live & let live, instead of busying themselves with the trivialities of what someone else in a bedroom they'll never see does in it.

What have biblical rules got to do with Bert and Ernie

Normal people live and let live, not making stuff up about Sesame street characters being gay to push agendas

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Bluntone22

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the whole transgendered/changing ones gender is all a carefully crafted scheme of sterilization and eugenics?

Seems to be the only reason I can think of it being pushed on society such as it is. Especially with the high suicide rate amongst those who suffer with these feelings they were born as the wrong gender?

I don't have an issue with those who are adults choosing their path, but it is now being pushed on prepubescent children.

I looked into eugenics and the history for a long time, this is the way they operate, I think you hit the nail!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No doubt they are indeed gay and expressions of the leftist mindset. Sesame Street was all about brainwashing children to the Globalist agenda and encouraging same sex relationships. Look at Bert and Ernie here in their multi-cultural clothing epitomising top-knot coffee culture and globalist millenialism.

Disgusting!

Here they are again dancing with animals and 1st generation immigrants. The sickening SJW agenda pumped into the minds of children. Deplorable!!

Last but not least, phallic symbolism and homoerotic subliminal messages. Suggestively saying "Hello" and winking to camera. The horror!!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

A banana?

I shudder to contemplate that likewise OP on Teletubbies you've been workering all year on...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
They are definitely gay. I used to party with Bert and Ernie. They say they are straight but when they get a few drinks in them Ernie starts grabbing at your junk and you don't want to be around Bert when he gets so wasted he becomes "Backdoor Bert". It's a bad scene.

So you're another victim of the predator hollywood elite.

I hear Bert used to spike Ernie's cookies at the sesame club, too.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Clearly consensual with Ernie falling for the twinkly charms of Bert and his promise of a good ride in his bed. Terrible!!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
They were literally at the front of the 'gay cake' scandal.

Gay cake case

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

and that satanic count dracula who counts things, endlessly
pure evil

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

written By Jay Akbar and Ben Graham for news.com.au

NOT COOL , Could it be anymore obvious! Somehow I don't want to listen to mr Akbar.

No Bert & ernie not gay , World is Fked up.

i want a shop redemption
don't wanna end up a cartoon
in a cartoon graveyard
i want a shop redemption
i don't find this stuff amusing anymore
its an extremely strange world

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Gay or not what does it matter? Oscar is homeless living in a bin, cookie monster is acting like a crackhead when it comes to food and he doesn't even remember what was his name before his first cookie high, says it could be Syd or Sydney...

Sesame Street is a deep, deep show...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Exactly they are all wack!

Bert and Ernie - covered... still in the closet, gay, couple.

Grouch - the curmudgeon, the shut in, the hoarder who can never throw anything away... have you seen what he pulls out of there, but you never see him with a cat... Hmmmm he lives in an Alley for crying out loud - whats with that?

The Count - Text book example of an obsessive compulsive, whom is barely able to function in his world of madness and numbers. Wears a Monocle!

Cookie Monster - Has an eating disorder. Has a negative image of himself so therefore drowns in cookies... hangs around with a strangely smarmy dog thing.

Big Bird - a classic - the Enabler.... he'll be your buddy, sure... right. Just share it man, just a taste.

Snuffaluffagus - Lurker... never says a word and constantly popping up in strange areas - probably into conspiracies... lurking.

Elmo - The Fire Cheeto Colored Narcissistic SOB - oohhh look at me I 'm cute and squeezy,,, love me, LOVE ME!

And don't even bring up the splinter shows like The Electric Company (for 8 year old swingers)... Casey Jones - ok - can't go there...

My work is done....You are healed-dah!

edit on 19-9-2018 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I wouldn't mind if they were, however Bert's unhealthy obsession with paperclips could lead him to go postal if he ever lost one.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

They weren't even trying to hide it! Foreign accent too. It's yet one more sorry example of the failings of the Multicultural State.

Thanks a lot Obama!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Despite the social whoredoms and profane ethics of the whole of sesame street... there remains a much larger mystery amidst the calamities of civilzation.
And that is "The Muppets Babies." The true aristocrats of our normally plaguing lives.
Before we can begin to unravel the intricate plot(s)... we must first ask ourselves why do the call her "Nanny!"
Then the bomb drops...

Also... I was instructed to treat each older woman with courtesy and respect. And it was done so with a phrase that pays. Aka "G'Morning 'MRS' _____"...

Til This Day I Think I Truly Need To Become An Aristocrat. Why You Ask!

Because I'd pay a dollar to see Mrs. ____ learn her broke ass place in this world.

If you have problems with sesame Street the poor then you have lived far too long. The End.

ETA: Don't be a good for nothing giving away courtesies for free. They usually cost about thirteen bucks here in NYC.
edit on 21-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join