It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazed Liberals - Personal Accounts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

How was he deflecting? The OP said they don't encounter any issues when they leave their house. Try adding the very thing that gets the problems that are being reported...

Deflecting is ignoring the point. Do let us know how it goes when you wear your MAGA hat.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Ok.....

Well am looking forward to your next episode of adventures in crazy liberal land....

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok.....

Well am looking forward to your next episode of adventures in crazy liberal land....

Good ! ... If you ever want a crazy weekend come To key west ... Seriously !! Most everyone is liberal ( Bernie sanders voters ) ... And they march in protest all the time for
Things that I Didn't even know we're existing .... Plus you have all the drag queens on the 800 block of Duval Street . there a mix of craziness you can't understand until you've been there . .... 365 bars in a 2 mile by 4 mile ( roughly) sized island .... I assure you all the stories are true !!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

i wonder if your husband has the balls to wear that shirt " over there " [ afghanistan ] ?/??

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread because my experience has been that the right/left tension is mainly online - as if it's a phenomena unique to it. I don't go out a lot but I have never seen or heard any acrimony over politics in the last few years. Some jokes and offhand comments but no serious arguments of any kind.

The fact that it is mostly in media and online is a big clue for all of us.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Great idea for a thread because my experience has been that the right/left tension is mainly online - as if it's a phenomena unique to it. I don't go out a lot but I have never seen or heard any acrimony over politics in the last few years. Some jokes and offhand comments but no serious arguments of any kind.

The fact that it is mostly in media and online is a big clue for all of us.

I believe that is completely true.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I interact with several every day at work. The kind that are triggered by literally anything. It gets so tiring you basically just try to avoid them and interact with the normal people instead.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

and yet - despite the fact that you dont personally witness it - it does actually occur -

the problem is that when it does - its somehow used as a " reflection " of an entire demographic

when the reality is - its the same clique of wingnuts - in the same locations

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Meldionne1
One time ....my husband wore his tee shirt that has a picture of a dude sitting on a toilet while reading the Koran and wiping his ass ..... And it says ... " the Koran , now in 2-ply " .... And this woman started yelling at him in key west about how dare he insult Muslims . ... He just stared back at her and finally told her if she didn't like it , to move Afghanistan. And See how they treat her over there ....LOl

Your hubby sounds like a jerk, big man shouting down a innocent woman like that.

I am all for freedom of speech but wearing stuff like that is just looking to insult people.

Just be nice to each other, absolutely no need for that.

My husband is a Navy SEAL.... So that " jerk" as you call him has been fighting For freedom ,... freedom Of Speech ,...so people can sleep in their beds safely at night , ...and women don't have to wear burkas on their heads ... . ... Freedom Isn't free . ... Just because YOU don't like his freedom of speech , makes you the jerk .

I am sorry but if his idea of free speech that he actually fought for, is purposely offend a religion, that mind you, can exist because of the freedom we have, than he is part of the problem. I am saying this as a conservative...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Try putting a Broncos bumper stick on your car and driving around Oakland, see how that works out for you. It's not relegated solely to politics. There are people that are extreme AND passionate about certain things - combine them, you run into trouble. It's not JUST liberals.. or JUST conservatives, it's anything from saving whales to unborn babies to sports teams, politics and much more.

I never put political or sports stickers on my car, just asking for trouble.

And I'd venture a guess there are an equal # of crazies on the far left and right. But of course, neither side will admit to this. Only the "other side" has people who go to the extreme.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am all for freedom of speech but wearing stuff like that is just looking to insult people.

Got to say I disagree with you on this one.

Coming from someone who grew up in the punk era I love wearing t-shirts that offend people, challenge authority and peoples preconceived ideas.

If people get upset by a t-shirt they really need a reality check - look at all the misery, pain and suffering that goes on in the world and we ALL barely blink an eye at it....but wear a t-shirt and people are up in arms?

Put things into perspective and save your outrage for those who really deserve it.

100%

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. It doesn't apply to one and not the other. We can't cherry pick. Offensive animae happens all the time that would offend Christians. We let that slide so why would what I wear make someone physically lash out at me unless they had no self control? Those are the people we should keep out of the public.
edit on 19-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Woman at work had her car keyed twice because of a Trump sticker. Hillary carved in the side. She put another on and got it again. A $3k paint job that she took the check and used it for a down payment on a new ride. She drove the carved up car a couple of more months and sold it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I get a lot of blue collar workers praising trump for improved economy and improvement in jobs. Not sure if he has a direct tie to any of that, but people definitely believe it.

I usually have better conversations with anti-trump supporters. Trump supporters, for the most part, seem to have a smaller range of view.

Then again, I don't live in crazy liberal areas who have things like "safe zones". Most people I know dislike trump because his behavior.

Honestly, we'd be a better country if we just stopped focusing on the extreme left or right that tries to create chaos.
edit on 19-9-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's nice to find some common ground.
Especially online.
Thing is at their heart our values are probably very similar.
It's how to express them through legal and economic means that disagreement starts.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 19-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: just going to keep my stupid mouth shut

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

We've all heard of the online antics of the Crazed and Deranged Liberal Crusaders.

I'm sorry to say sir that your argument completely derailed before your opening sentence ended.

Do you know how to politics? just because you come from a red state your views are set in stone, and vice versa. I don't hate republicans, just Trump. Calling liberal crusaders crazed and deranged is textbook deflection from the truth that you knew from the start-you backed the wrong horse.

I eagerly await the knee jerk reaction, and for the record I sit on the fence.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
All the people I work with are anti-Trump, but there not crazy about it...however if somebody enters with a MAGA hat they all say, look over there, there is a guy with a Trump hat on. Then everybody goes and checks it out. But nobody says a word to them.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

As long as they help and not hurt the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Sorry that's just not true I have "crazy liberals" all around me. The media tells you that the Republicans are going to throw Grandma off a cliff and kill all the jews and Mexicans and you believe it because you're a crazy liberal. I've been called a goose stepper, a nazi, brainwashed, all by my own family. What was my crime? Pointing out that millions of illegal immigrants in California skews the census and causes Claifornia to have more members in the house of representatives then if they were only counting citizens so it is giving them political sway whether or not they vote that makes me a racist to you "crazy liberals". I've seen my Mother once in 2 years because she just knows Evil Trump is going to come after her undeserved government pension that is far larger then anyone in the private sector can earn. "Crazy liberals" think they should get to work for the government for 20 years and then get 70 years of pension $ and that anyone who disagrees is a racist nazi.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah even most of the most vociferous among us here on ATS are probably pretty reserved/soft spoken in public regarding politics as a matter of course.

My best friend (who I hang out with daily) is a TRUMP MAGA Champion and regardless of how much I detest Trump or Republican/Conservative ideology at the end of the day none of those elements eclipse the importance of any of my interpersonal relationships. I think it unlikely to find some overarching theme to the 'crazies' out there (as we can all probably imagine or recount examples from either side of the spectrum).
edit on 38pm18fpmThu, 20 Sep 2018 15:10:39 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 20 Sep 2018 15:10:39 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join