It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazed Liberals - Personal Accounts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
One time ....my husband wore his tee shirt that has a picture of a dude sitting on a toilet while reading the Koran and wiping his ass ..... And it says ... " the Koran , now in 2-ply " .... And this woman started yelling at him in key west about how dare he insult Muslims . ... He just stared back at her and finally told her if she didn't like it , to move Afghanistan. And See how they treat her over there ....LOl

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
One time ....my husband wore his tee shirt that has a picture of a dude sitting on a toilet while reading the Koran and wiping his ass ..... And it says ... " the Koran , now in 2-ply " .... And this woman started yelling at him in key west about how dare he insult Muslims . ... He just stared back at her and finally told her if she didn't like it , to move Afghanistan. And See how they treat her over there ....LOl

Your hubby sounds like a jerk, big man shouting down a innocent woman like that.

I am all for freedom of speech but wearing stuff like that is just looking to insult people.

Just be nice to each other, absolutely no need for that.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Was she a "crazed liberal"?

Was she a Muslim offended at his shirt?

How does your account fit in to the topic of the OP?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah good point but I think some people like to pretend that the only people who are capable of being offended are liberals.

Like is said, this is actually just an example of her hubby being a jerk, guy was lucky not to end up on his back for wearing a t-shirt like that then speaking to a woman like that who calls him out over it.

But, no, lets pretend this is a anecdote about a crazy liberal.

If you really think about it, its actually a anecdote about a "crazy" conservative.
edit on 19-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am all for freedom of speech but wearing stuff like that is just looking to insult people.

Got to say I disagree with you on this one.

Coming from someone who grew up in the punk era I love wearing t-shirts that offend people, challenge authority and peoples preconceived ideas.

If people get upset by a t-shirt they really need a reality check - look at all the misery, pain and suffering that goes on in the world and we ALL barely blink an eye at it....but wear a t-shirt and people are up in arms?

Put things into perspective and save your outrage for those who really deserve it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
One time .... My neighbors Across the street from me ( Hillary supporters )and the neighbors beside me ( trump
Supporters ) got into such a big fight over trump winning that they didn't speak for 3 months after the election ...wvwntually, they made up and started hanging out with each other again ...., the neighbors who supports Trump has a son who met Trump and got His picture Taken with him . ... So being the proud momma ,and after a few happy hour Cocktails in the other neighbors house , she pulled out her phone and Proudly showed them the photo ! .... They kicked her out of their House and didn't speak for a few more Weeks .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Disagree with me all you want, I have my opinion, you have your opinion, wearing a shirt like that then speaking to someone like that after being called out on it, in my opinion makes you a total arse.

There is absolutely no need for it.

I honestly do believe that anyone who is doing that is only looking to insult and offend others and there is no need for that, like absolutely no need whatsoever. To me its no different than walking up to a total stranger and verbally abusing them for absolutely no reason.

I can be outranged you know by someone behaving like a total jerk as well as the pain and suffering in the world, not saying the two are the same but neither are right. Don't pretend to me that this is ok because worse stuff is going on because for me that just doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

She is an extreme liberal , who promotes open Borders and sanctuary cities . I know this because I see her everywhere now .... she works as a bartender in a local restaurant , and Definitely not a Muslim .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

She is an extreme liberal , who promotes open Borders and sanctuary cities . I know this because I see her everywhere now .... she works as a bartender in a local restaurant , and Definitely not a Muslim .

So what you have sit down with her then and had a full on chat with her about her views, taken the time to understand them?

I mean please define a "extreme liberal"

How do you know this about her or are you making an assumption and did you jerk of a husband apologies to her?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Yeah good point but I think some people like to pretend that the only people who are capable of being offended are liberals.

People are easily offended in general, but I do find it fascinating that the things we get offended over do seem to vary depending on political views.

Like is said, this is actually just an example of her hubby being a jerk, guy was lucky not to end up on his back for wearing a t-shirt like that then speaking to a woman like that who calls him out over it.

It does not put their husband is a favorable light, that is for sure.

But, no, lets pretend this is a anecdote about a crazy liberal. If you really think about it, its actually a anecdote about a "crazy" conservative.

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

There you go you see....I despise everything Generation Snowflake stands for and absolutely will not pander to other people's frail sensibilities.

If I offend, sorry but that's just the way it is.....there's far more important things in life to get upset and angry about rather than what someone has on their t-shirt.

Being offensive isn't a crime....hateful yes, offensive no!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Really? Have you engaged her in conversation about such things? How did you learn about her views?

Seeing her everywhere and working in a bar does not indicate her political views or whether or not she is a Muslim.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your hubby sounds like a jerk, big man shouting down a innocent woman like that.

My husband is a Navy SEAL.... So that " jerk" as you call him has been fighting For freedom ,... freedom Of Speech ,...so people can sleep in their beds safely at night , ...and women don't have to wear burkas on their heads ... . ... Freedom Isn't free . ... Just because YOU don't like his freedom of speech , makes you the jerk .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

There you go you see....I despise everything Generation Snowflake stands for and absolutely will not pander to other people's frail sensibilities.

If I offend, sorry but that's just the way it is.....there's far more important things in life to get upset and angry about rather than what someone has on their t-shirt.

Again thats fine, its your opinion have at it

I personally believe that we all just want to get around this little blue planet as peacefully as we can and most folk just want to be treated decent, walk to the shops without be insulted by a random stranger.

So I personally disagree in the strongest way with just randomly insulting strangers "because you can".

Its got absolutely nothing to do with "generation snowflake" rather its got more to do with good old fashioned manners and showing others the proper respect.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

People can get over being offended, but you cannot change someone's heart if they have hate in it.

edit on 19-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

My husband is a Navy SEAL.... So that " jerk" as you call him has been fighting For freedom ,... freedom Of Speech ,...so people can sleep in their beds safely at night , ...and women don't have to wear burkas on their heads ... . ... Freedom Isn't free . ... Just because YOU don't like his freedom of speech , makes you the jerk .

No it makes him a total arse hole, big man Navy SEAL who insults the local bar-tender because she calls him out over wearing that t-shirt.

So the same rights that mean he can wear that t-shirt and speak to that women like that, I can call him all the names I want in response to him treating another like this

and please don't kid yourself, he has not been fighting for freedom he has been fighting for oil contracts and a Neo-con agenda but thats a whole other argument.

Anyway....the topic at hand is examples of crazed liberals....not your husband acting like a scum-bag "because he can"

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So what you have sit down with her then and had a full on chat with her about her views, taken the time to understand them?

I mean please define a "extreme liberal"

How do you know this about her or are you making an assumption and did you jerk of a husband apologies to her?

First off all , when this happened ,my husband I were sitting at a table minding our own business when she came over and started yelling at us ...... So don't come to my table and pick a fight and not expect a reaction ...... She was totally wrong ..... If you pick a fight .... You might get a fight back ..... Just because your a woman doesn't mean you get to pick fights with random strangers and not have someone stand up for their right ........ A few days later we ran into her at the bar she was working at ....and I told her who We were .... And She actually apologized to us , she said
She was drunk and her girlfriend had broke. Up with her and she was angry . So she actually apologized to is .... And ... we are now face book friends . Although we don't agree on a lot ... We have chosen to agree to disagree on topics . ....

so before you start acting like the crazy leftist liberal....how ironic .... Maybe you should be Less of a jerk Yourself . That may make the world a better place .... Or is that we can only get along because of what YOU believe ?

edit on 19-9-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You know what, I just read through all the posts you have made so far in this thread (it wasn't fun...)

They all read though as if....

It was like this one time... at band camp.... and...CRAZY LIBERAL

Yeah...

Just reads like a series of BS stories about your adventures in liberal crazy land.

Funny how that last story starts to change as you get called out on it and it just so happens to turn out that

A few days later we ran into her at the bar she was working at ....and I told her who We were .... And She actually apologized to us , she said

She was drunk and her girlfriend had broke. Up with her and she was angry . So she actually apologized to is .... And ... we are now face book friends

hmmm...funny that.... strange how you missed it out of the original telling of the story....almost like it might not be entirely true....I guess you thought making your antagonist in this particular edition of your adventures in liberal crazy land a lesbian might have made it more believable.

You know I can post absolutely anything I want online and say its true, doesn't actually make it so, which is why I tend to avoid personal anecdotes.[
edit on 19-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I'm not advocating wearing say a t-shirt with 'Mohammed is a wanker' and walking into a predominantly Muslim area - first of all it would be suicidal.
Or going into a bar that you know is gay with an anti-gay slogan written on it.
Both cases would be deliberately inflammatory and provocative.

But why shouldn't someone be able to wear a t-shirt that expresses their disgust with a religion or belief?

Are we not free to express ourselves?

Or does that freedom only extend so far as we don't offend anyone?
If so why should their right not to be offended override my right to free speech and to express my opinion?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You know what, I just read through all the posts you have made so far in this thread (it wasn't fun...)

They all read though as if....

It was like this one time... at band camp.... and...CRAZY LIBERAL

Yeah...

Just reads like a series of BS stories about your adventures in liberal crazy land.

Funny how that last story starts to change as you get called out on it and it just so happens to turn out that

A few days later we ran into her at the bar she was working at ....and I told her who We were .... And She actually apologized to us , she said

She was drunk and her girlfriend had broke. Up with her and she was angry . So she actually apologized to is .... And ... we are now face book friends

hmmm...funny that.... strange how you missed it out of the original telling of the story....almost like it might not be entirely true....I guess you thought making your antagonist in this particular edition of your adventures in liberal crazy land a lesbian might have made it more believable.

You know I can post absolutely anything I want online and say its true, doesn't actually make it so, which is why I tend to avoid personal anecdotes.[

Lol .... Whatever .... All my stories are real .... Come to key west Florida and I'll show you ! .....You can even See for yourself ! ..... I have nothing to hide .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join