It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazed Liberals - Personal Accounts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Can we just vote an independent in so as to stop this insanity.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's not about who you voted for it's really about who you tell or show people who you voted for.

You normally wont find people talking about their political hero in a place where the opposition is the victor. I noticed this when I went back home a few weeks ago. There were Trump stickers all over... People were Trump this and Trump that. No one said a peep about killery. I imagine they were simply keeping it under their breath to prevent any issues.

Same thing when I went to Connecticut a couple months back. Everyone was on Killeries jock left and right.. As someone who supported Trump's ideals and like the way it's going... I wouldn't dare tell someone right out what I thought.

About a month ago, I was sitting at a bar and grill, talking to one of my dad's friends who went to enjoy his music. I don't tell people in public who I would or wouldn't vote for. I speak about issues and that's it. No political personas. Me and this guy talked a bit and I told him I wouldn't speak about politics unless he was 100% willing to hear my side as I would hear his if we didn't agree. He agreed.

That's far from what actually took place. The guy would cut me off 5 words in if he didn't agree with something. He even, I dare say, yelled at me at one point because he 'couldn't believe' I would feel a certain way. The next thing out of his mouth was *&^% Trump this and &*^% Trump that....

Remember... I spoke no names... Only issues.

After that, I couldn't talk to the guy anymore because he would have simply hated me before the night was over. I bought him another beer, saluted a cheers and went my way towards the people I knew that were liberal (they all were... My dad keeps that crowd close by as he is one as well) but they weren't screaming liberals. At least not outside of voting. Most of them respect my views and they understand that our views are based on how we grew up in the world and how we see the world. It's like a rich man in a poor man's shoes and visa versa but without the money aspect of it.

Personally... I felt these people were brainwashed like a cult would have them. To them, I must be some gun toting hillbilly from the swamp that eats chew and spits fire. The irony... They look up to my dad and follow him for his music and the only thing that is different between us is where we stand politically. Most if not all of our family feel he's brainwashed because that's not how he was raised... so to speak. But he lived in New York for so many years that his outlook completely changed.

So the point is... Most people rather just avoid a confrontation than to scream back and forth at it. Most except certain demographics. Id say that the decent folk are the ones keeping it to themselves. The others are just damn crazy. Forums are different. We can express our real feels here without getting blacklisted.... At least for now.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Can we just vote an independent in so as to stop this insanity.

Nah... Cause the color would be white (as opposed to red and blue) and that would be racist

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Blaine91555

but I think there's tremendous value to the type of self introspection being told you're essentially a mouse fart in a windstorm brings to an individual's mind.

Truth be told, most of us are "a mouse fart in a windstorm". In a historical context we all are.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

You should meet my mother-in-law .

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

You think I sold both for some nefarious reason?

I always try and take advantage of trends. I still have like 200 effing fidgit spinners that I cant get rid of.

i think you either dont know your market or you were trying to start #.
i could be wrong. ive been wrong before

were you trying to sell fidget spinner to people with no hands?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just don't like this thread because...what about the crazed conservatives? We're seeing both liberals and conservatives daily. Both blowing up, getting violent, having melt downs, suing, getting fired for outragious behavior.

We need and honest thread titled "Why I'll never identify as a liberal or a conservative: They're both nuts!"

As further proof I give you their last two presidential candidates... Hillary and Donald! Talk about a bad choice!~ No win situation.
edit on 18-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If you want to share a personal account of a Crazed Conservative, by all means chime in.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

a reply to: Blaine91555

but I think there's tremendous value to the type of self introspection being told you're essentially a mouse fart in a windstorm brings to an individual's mind.

Truth be told, most of us are "a mouse fart in a windstorm". In a historical context we all are.

Absolutely agree! This is why I ask nobody for anything, expect nothing from anyone, and basically wish to live a life in which I am left the hell alone to succeed or fail by my own devices. Where problems arise is when people who are unimportant nothings feel entitled to take whatever they wish from others who have actually earned it, be that property, money, rights, beliefs, whatever.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

If you want to share a personal account of a Crazed Conservative, by all means chime in.

I'm not that confrontational. Like I don't spout liberal ideologies or conservative ideologies so I don't get that kind of crazed response. I'm independent, meaning I can talk about owning guns and saving the environment in the same sentence. I just did it. LOL I can make fun of both Hillary and Trump in the same sentence, jerks. I just did it! LOL

But like the lawyer in that video yelling at them to speak english even though they were citizens and only talking amongst themselves. etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I'm not that confrontational. Like I don't spout liberal ideologies or conservative ideologies so I don't get that kind of crazed response.

I gotta say, it's rare to find a conservative who throws their beliefs in your face totally out of the blue... whereas, from personal observation, like vegans, a true leftist liberal cannot seem to go 5 minutes without proudly declaring how progressive they are.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

you know man

as much as i dont like you

i really like you.

if that makes sense

i should say i dont like a lot of what you stand for but you really do seem to be an honest dude who makes no apologies for how you feel or what you think and that is the mot important thing

my friend

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm not that confrontational. Like I don't spout liberal ideologies or conservative ideologies so I don't get that kind of crazed response.

I gotta say, it's rare to find a conservative who throws their beliefs in your face totally out of the blue... whereas, from personal observation, like vegans, a true leftist liberal cannot seem to go 5 minutes without proudly declaring how progressive they are.

I don't think that's true, I think that when one does it really stands out. From experience, I'm mostly vegan. I'm telling you now, just cause you posted that. I won't tell you not to eat meat though, thats your choice. See I just defied another stereotype. I see just as many threads here and little videos on my feed (facebook or flipbook or ATS whatever else I'm looking at) that it's about 50/50 Liberals losing their mind or conservatives loosing their mind. I think it's even, right down the middle.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Amen brother.

It does boil down to that. Those who want to force their beliefs on everyone else, take from them to give to themselves and those who just want to live and let live. I grow closer and closer to becoming a full blown Libertarian each and every day.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I live in Portland, so yeah - too many to count. I do not, however, consider these people liberal. They are more like illiberal leftists. And you can't go anywhere without running into at least one of them caterwauling about some inane concept that they have stuck in their head and yet don't even fully grasp.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yeah wear a MAGA hat out to the store and see what happens.

They hate it when you don't back down.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Yeah wear a MAGA hat out to the store and see what happens.

They hate it when you don't back down.

again
same goes for a pussy hat

not a left right thing
its an asshole thing

wear a pussy hat in frisco and all will be well
wear the maga hat in frisco and some asshole might say something

wear a maga hat in texas and all will be well
wear the pussy hat and some asshole might say something

its all relative

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't think that's true, I think that when one does it really stands out. From experience, I'm mostly vegan. I'm telling you now, just cause you posted that. I won't tell you not to eat meat though, thats your choice. See I just defied another stereotype. I see just as many threads here and little videos on my feed (facebook or flipbook or ATS whatever else I'm looking at) that it's about 50/50 Liberals losing their mind or conservatives loosing their mind. I think it's even, right down the middle.

Wamp Womp!

Haha No... You brought up being a vegan
2nd response down. Does that equal 2 minutes in dog years?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

There is crazy people in both sides but losing elections enhanced liberal erratic behavior to illogical level.

edit on 18-9-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

wear a maga hat in texas and all will be well wear the pussy hat and some asshole might say something

Nah... It really depends on where you are in Texas. The big cities here are very much way left of center. I'm not sure about Houston though. It might be half and half since Houston really is the oil capital of the industry. It's at least where all the offices are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join