It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazed Liberals - Personal Accounts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
None, but I have a crazed Trump supporting Republican relative who came to my house once, and seeing CNN on the TV proceeded to, without apparent provocation, rant on and on about how awful CNN is even though we weren't even discussing politics or anything of the sort.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I think the problem is being eyes open regarding the extremists from one side and eyes closed regarding the other.

For the most part and as is the case with most people, the madness is not a part of our daily lives. Actual radicals who are caught up in the hate from both sides is a pretty small percentage of us. Almost meaningless in fact. It's the media and social media that make it seem otherwise.

Here in a city of around 300,000 we have a small group of people that show up at the poorly attended protests. You always see the same faces, no matter the cause. They claim to be proponents and even seem to believe they are, but in reality I think they love to protest and they love to rebel. Many get off on causing trouble and get a drug like high from it. I think it may even be physiological for them, like the high people get from engaging in dangerous activities. It releases endorphins or gives them an Adrenalin rush which would explain them being unable to see how irrational they are.

I'm talking about extremists from both sides here, since I think the truth is the same for both. Sadly both sides fail to see that the Far Left and Far Right are in fact the same people who followed different paths.

No, radicals don't really have any part in our day to day lives beyond the rare nut job. If they did carry it into work or interactions in public, they could not hold a job and would not be welcome anywhere.

Contrary to the crazyness on social media, in the real world most from the Left and the Right get along just fine together, often living under the same roof and working side by side.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Because You have to teach them to fish

So I said just go out in public with a MAGA hat on. Or put a Trump sign in your yard and see for yourself..

a reply to: TinySickTears

oh so youre the real life troll
i was going to ask why sell trump and hillary #.

either youre trolling trying to start # or you will hawk anything for a buck
either way
to you

dude there are tump signs around here. bumber stickers. still from the last election. pro trump #.
im not seeing anything vandalized or stolen

of course i cant verify every single sign is still where it was whenever but i do not see it

you seem like you are trying to propagate the division though.
that sucks

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Just put a Trump 2020 sign in your yard and see how long it stays there..

I feel the same if I should put a Stacey Abrams sign in my yard....

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Because You have to teach them to fish

So I said just go out in public with a MAGA hat on. Or put a Trump sign in your yard and see for yourself..

oh so youre the real life troll
i was going to ask why sell trump and hillary #.

either youre trolling trying to start # or you will hawk anything for a buck
either way
to you

dude there are tump signs around here. bumber stickers. still from the last election. pro trump #.
im not seeing anything vandalized or stolen

of course i cant verify every single sign is still where it was whenever but i do not see it

you seem like you are trying to propagate the division though.
that sucks

I sold both to make money DUH.

Money doesnt care if its right or left.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The common thread among all crazed, almost hysterical groups of people is one thing: Twitter. This goes for right, left, and self-proclaimed centrists.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

fair enough but i say bullsht

if youre selling something you should know your market

i dont think thats why but OK
whatever you say

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

The common thread among all crazed, almost hysterical groups of people is one thing: Twitter. This goes for right, left, and self-proclaimed centrists.

Yeah....have you ever taken a peek at Trumps feed?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Have you ever looked beneath Trump's feed?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ohhh go on just take it as the playful gag it was intended to be.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

fair enough but i say bullsht

if youre selling something you should know your market

i dont think thats why but OK
whatever you say

You think I sold both for some nefarious reason?

I always try and take advantage of trends. I still have like 200 effing fidgit spinners that I cant get rid of.

edit on 18-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

ohhh go on just take it as the playful gag it was intended to be.

I don't mind poor attempts at humor. I was merely commenting on the madness beneath each and every one of his tweets.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How many Crazed Liberals are you running into personally on your day to day?

How about just... crazed? I manage the crazed, the entitled...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The fact that our miscreantic malcontents here are showing up at those protests to get their endorphine high while already loaded up with meth, crack, or with the big H coursing through their veins makes it even worse. Few things more grotesque than tweaker animals who think their voices should be heard.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Almost none, to be honest.

I work with a very diverse group of 40 or so people and they are split about 60/40 toward the conservative side. I have yet to see anyone acting out or having a fit the way you see on the news or Twitter. At least, not in public.

I do know one guy from University who likes to protest Corey Gardner on Facebook though. It's all pretty tame and mostly pointless.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

TRy going into public with a MAGA hat on.

somewhere there is alot of people . You will see the crazed idiots.

maybe i will try an experiment

i will go out with a MAGA hat on and then a few days later i will cruise around the same places with a pussy hat on and see how it goes.

this is a good thread. it would be nice if people gave honest answers no matter how they fall

instead of deflecting like you just did

that is typical though and expected

I applaud your bravery. If I were to wear a Trump hat here in Austin... Someone would most definitely shoot me. Id try your hat challenge but I like living and I'm not stupid

Imagine what would happen to me on downtown 6th street....! I wouldn't get 3 steps without getting beat down.

Someone should try it and go pro it.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'll let you in on a little secret... the MAGA hat is a middle finger, little else. Most of us who have them wear them when we're in the mood to remind people who it is that lives rent free in their little heads 24/7... if it causes crying, gnashing of teeth, or off key screeching, GOOD... that was the intent.

It's 2018... I think we're mature enough to acknowledge that we're no longer in the era where who someone else in the community is voting for means jack snip to most of us (if there ever even was a time in this nation when such things foolishly mattered.) I respect my Dad more than any other man walking this ball of living hell we live on, and I can tell you his voting patterns don't mean a damn thing to me. I mean I'm fairly sure he voted for Trump... possibly not because he's a pretty damn devout Protestant and was very much behind Cruz or Carson in the primaries... but the point is, it doesn't matter anymore. Politics lacks mutual respect and it has for a number of years... I don't respect anyone outside of my wife and children enough to change my vote to accommodate whoever they're supporting. At no time in my life have I ever said "Oh, # me! Joey Bag of Doorknobs just put a Bush sign in his yard and a sticker on his ride!!! I gotta vote Bush!!!!" I've never put a political sign in my yard, never put a sticker on my truck, never hung bunting on my balcony... it serves only one real purpose, it makes life a 24/7 troll exercise. Make no mistake, I'm happy to troll idiots... it's fun, but it's gotta be tedious to have to spend every waking moment scheming out those snap backs and whatnot and that's what anyone who puts a sticker on their ride or a sign in their yard is begging for in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We are all crazy far left and far right, it is just in different ways. Different things set us off.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm not nearly as cynical as you Burd. It is obvious though since it's always the same people. I do doubt most of them are addicts though, unless you consider being addicted to protesting the same as meth. I think many are just saying "here I am, look at me, I matter". I think that is closer to the truth.
edit on 9/18/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I am cynical, but at least I wasn't the guy who walked into the group of non-violent demonstrators in Spenard and bear sprayed them all on Mother's Day.

As for the "Here I am, look at me, I matter" crowd, I confess to being the guy who usually says "No, no you don't matter... STFU, move along, you're not that important." but I think there's tremendous value to the type of self introspection being told you're essentially a mouse fart in a windstorm brings to an individual's mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join