It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazed Liberals - Personal Accounts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We've all heard of the online antics of the Crazed and Deranged Liberal Crusaders.

Just for a bit, I'd like to step outside of the online community, the media spin stories and conservative blog posts.

How many Crazed Liberals are you running into personally on your day to day?

I live in a diverse community with it's fair share of Conservative Republicans and Liberal Democrats and it's pretty quiet when I leave the house, no tirades, no protests, no triggering....I'm wondering if it's just because I live in a small town in a Red State.

But I'm curious what it's been like for others across the board and the Nation.

How many first-hand eyewitness accounts of Crazed Liberals have you been privy to?

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

TRy going into public with a MAGA hat on.

somewhere there is alot of people . You will see the crazed idiots.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This one time a crazed Neocon tried peeling my Ron Paul bumper sticker off my car.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This one time a crazed Neocon tried peeling my Ron Paul bumper sticker off my car.

Like you have a car..

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

none at all
i work with a pretty diverse group of people
left and right

nothing like what you asked on either side

i will say the people i am in contact that lean right are far more vocal about their support for trump but thats it.
nothing negative really on either side

seems like the people on the right are far more apt to talk to anyone who is willing to listen though.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

maybe i will try an experiment

i will go out with a MAGA hat on and then a few days later i will cruise around the same places with a pussy hat on and see how it goes.

this is a good thread. it would be nice if people gave honest answers no matter how they fall

instead of deflecting like you just did

that is typical though and expected

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is a good point because it is easy to find a few liberal extremists in the U.S. - a country of over 200 million people - and then make a video about them and pretend that all liberals are this way. The same thing could be done to conservatives. In this country, you can find people who believe in pretty much everything.

I went to a liberal arts college, and it wasn't all that bad, but I did run into crazy liberals there. My poetry teacher wouldn't allow us to use darkness imagery to convey evil because it was racist against blacks. One of my best friends, a girl, was cornered and insulted by other girls in her class for being my friend because it was against feminism - I was not liked by feminists at my college because they thought my rock songs were misogynistic.

Then again, the conservatives at my college were also crazy. They held this religious meeting once a week called "Late Night" and when my lesbian friend went to it, they locked arms and told her to go away, because they would not allow her kind to worship with them.

I definitely met loads of crazy liberals and conservatives at my small liberal arts college, it was like what you find online, except in person. I lean liberal myself, but I will definitely say that some liberals I met at my college got on my nerves.

Everything was offensive, and guys were dangerous to women, that sort of thing. I got in trouble a lot for how I related to women because I have autism and I was socially awkward.
edit on 18pmTue, 18 Sep 2018 15:53:19 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i will go out with a MAGA hat on and then a few days later i will cruise around the same places with a pussy hat on and see how it goes.

this is a good thread. it would be nice if people gave honest answers no matter how they fall

Not really sure how that is a deflection on my part?

I hope you do try it maybe you will see.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just put a Trump 2020 sign in your yard and see how long it stays there..

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

of course you see
it is basically a what about

the OP asked a question
you did not answer

basically posted a what about

you see this

so why not answer the OP

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Just put a Trump 2020 sign in your yard and see how long it stays there..

so no first hand accounts then

just more what about

that is basically what you are doing

just give an honest answer

how many accounts have you seen?
its a good honest question

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Replace the Word LIBERAL with LEFTIST in your Thread then Maybe it would Make More Sense . Plenty of Crazed Leftist Out their Causing Trouble if you just Open Your Eyes .....

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Mostly quiet, but with a caveat. My kids were in the public school system when the election happened. The remainder of that school year, I looked madness in the eyes everytime I walked into that cursed boogerhole of a building. Those teachers were effing whackjobs, political whackjobs.

Otherwise, I'd say I run into a few a week around town. REI was having a sidewalk sale a couple of weeks ago, listened to some bleach brain burnout tell her friends about how she'd flipped off a guy in the parking lot with a Trump bumper sticker and hoped she'd ruined his day... couldn't help myself but to burst into laughter at it, she assumed I was laughing because I agreed with her, didn't appreciate it when I said I was laughing at the idea that her middle finger would in any way impact another human being's day. I'm an angry, somewhat dangerous looking dude, huge beard, usually dressed like I just crawled out of some log cabin in the woods for my annual trip to civilization, so I see less of the idiots than others do, especially the devout.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

of course you see
it is basically a what about

the OP asked a question
you did not answer

basically posted a what about

you see this

so why not answer the OP

Well okie dokie.

I have a store in NE KCMO (the jungle) where I was making up Trump shirts , we had a few designs we were doing .

Myself or my wife was confronted and threatened 3 separate times by idiots because I was in the wrong part of town to sell those. I was also selling Hillary shirts and we sold Obama shirts and jerseys.

No body ever threatened me about those.

Needless to say I dont sell any of it anymore and wont even tell people down there I support Trump.
Because I am afraid they will shoot me for it.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How many Crazed Liberals are you running into personally on your day to day?

To be honest, I only know a handful. What broke my heart was that 3 of that handful were very close personal friends. We traveled the world together. After the election we aren’t friends anymore. It was fine as long as they could gloat that Hillary was going to win. I voted openly for President Trump and now I persona non grata. It really hurt my wife’s feeling, when they didn’t show for our 40th anniversary party. Their loss, it was the best damn party in town.

I just don’t understand the hatred. I don’t understand running around the capital with a pink virgina hat on. I don’t understand trying to change history. And I don’t understand anyone who seeks to thwart the democratic process thru nefarious means to win a point on something.

America is teetering on insanity, I hope it’s only temporary. I think the midterms will be the barometer of change one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a "crazy" liberals perspective on this....

The "Crazy Liberal" is really just a myth (or a exaggeration if you like) created by the right.

Now don't get me wrong you get crazy on all sides, left and right, liberal and conservative, we all have our fair share of crazies in our respective camps.

I have observed however that the right (and yes this goes on on the left but I am talking about the right just now) have this habit of saying "ooo look what this crazy liberal has done/said/tweeted/farted....when really thats just an idiot who happens to identify as liberal. Most people on the left are just a sane and reasonable as those on the right in my experience and vice-versa

You probably pass those "crazy liberals" everyday on your way to work, sit next to them in church (if thats your thing), deal with them at work and they might even be teaching your kids and serving you your sweet and sour pork. Guess what? totally normal people with a different political outlook than you, thats all. Now sure you are going to come across that one nutter who is going to stand protesting about every statue they can find and you might even find that one girl who started shouting at the sky in protest of Trump. The crazy liberals exist, so do the crazy conservatives.

Personally I think the right (and I am sure the left do it to), like to focus on the crazy ones, they like to point at them and say, look how deranged these nutters are whose politics is different from our own, as if those few crazies represent everyone who identifies as left/liberal. In my view this is utterly stupid, people should be treated on a individual basis, I might be a liberal but I am not crying at the sky or losing my sh!t everytime I see someone exert their white privilege and not feel guilty about being a male.
edit on 18-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like you have a car..

Damnit you got me.

What really happened is it was on the basement, I mean my "bedroom" window, and I watch in horror as a crazed Neocon jump out of their car like gangbusters and dashed straight across the yard and peeled the Ron Paul sticker off me window.

edit on 18-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well okie dokie.

I have a store in NE KCMO (the jungle) where I was making up Trump shirts , we had a few designs we were doing .

Myself or my wife was confronted and threatened 3 separate times by idiots because I was in the wrong part of town to sell those. I was also selling Hillary shirts and we sold Obama shirts and jerseys.

No body ever threatened me about those.

Needless to say I dont sell any of it anymore and wont even tell people down there I support Trump.
Because I am afraid they will shoot me for it.

so in a thread asking about personal accounts why not just say that?

and come on man
KC. the jungle as you put it

how well do you think it would go if i went to the middle of vegan town in frisco and started hawking trump MAGA # outside the patchouli store?

demographics play a part in this even if we dont want to think it it does

edit on 18-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Because You have to teach them to fish

So I said just go out in public with a MAGA hat on. Or put a Trump sign in your yard and see for yourself..

a reply to: TinySickTears

edit on 18-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I live in Massachusetts. I have seen all out screaming matches at laundromats, barber shops, concerts, and my best friend had a Trump sticker on her car. As soon as she put it on her car, her trash pick up service skipped her house twice. She gave their mgmt an earful and things got better. She also had one car vandalized so she took off the sticker.

She’s still a diehard Trump supporter but doesn’t need the bullsh#t from the crazies.

So much for Freedom of speech

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join