It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Cooper Explodes Over Memes and then Lies During Fact-Check

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If it was your job to show the world how devastating a storm was, would you go out of your way to make sure you were standing on the highest ground possible?

IDK, but to me personally, that seems kinda of patronizing, to all the people who own a property on lower ground and have just had their home destroyed by flood water.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: RMFX1

I watched the video clip!

Does he not say " it is this deep for as far as the eye's can see"?

Thanks man! You answered the question I asked in my first reply to this thread. Much appreciated, but I'm not surprised in the least.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

If it was your job to show the world how devastating a storm was, would you go out of your way to make sure you were standing on the highest ground possible?

IDK, but to me personally, that seems kinda of patronizing, to all the people who own a property on lower ground and have just had their home destroyed by flood water.

Exactly. But unfortunately you're speaking in a language that they don't understand.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Though I agree with you I can see them trying to show the full affect, but standing in a ditch up to your waist with 2 inches of water a few feet away is something different...lol

not denying that at all

but its not exactly like what the OP is saying

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Anyone who watches any 24 hour news network is doing themselves a great disservice. Let these megaliths of misinformation die the sad, cruel death they deserve.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

So why didn't he stand on the clearly marked road? We did he chose to kneel in the water? Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

he's hardly a master if he keeps getting caught just saying

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I would be mad too if a bunch of junk sources took something of mine that was a real and decent story and not fakery, took it entirely out of context, and used it to spread false information and stoke hatred in tens of thousands of people that will see it and eat it up. Probably more than tens of thousands because I saw that being shared EVERYWHERE by right wingers. Had a reach of over 3 Million people just from Trump Jr alone.

Anderson and CNN are no saints but to think the vast majority of these sources that spread this meme are at all better is downright scary.
edit on 18-9-2018 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

He even had to do the interview in the ditch. Because CNN cares about people privacy.

Is that the same CNN who threatened to doxx a teenager for making an internet gif of Trump wrestling a person with a CNN logo over their face? Such concern for privacy!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
CNN and Leftists all suck and lie.

Not always in that order though.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71

I would be mad too if a bunch of...

If you cant take the public taking shots at you, cracking jokes on you, etc, then dont get a prime time TV show. Conversely, you get a prime time TV show and all of the above is in your future. Its part of what comes with when you "have arrived".

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I agree with you on this one Johnny.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

narrator, these people deflect and lie. they dance around direct questions. its what they do
it is a big circle jerk

look at the recent thread about mccabe and starzok and you will see

read a few pages of my thread about trump saying you need ID for groceries
read a few pages of my thread about people defending everything trump does

it is very apparent what they are doing. i dont believe they are stupid so i must believe they are doing it on purpose.

They are generally far from stupid. They rely on the target audience being stupid.

Unfortunately, it seems they are winning in the long run.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Who is winning? The MSM? They have been since my grandparents.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey
Anderson Cooper is actually out there trying to defend this idiotic video - he's clearly wading into where cattails are growing! What an idiot!

You don't have to be a civil engineer to know that cattails grow in the lowest, swampiest area - exactly where Anderson Cooper decided to make his fake news photo-op.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Can we at least agree that standing in deeper water paints a more dramatic picture then standing in a puddle? In my mind it is straight forward, if I dont have to stand in deep water, to describe how deep it is, I rather stay on dry ground. If I want to make room for traffic, I would let my crew join me in 3feet water.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

What further delights me is that the echo chamber is yelping up a storm, yet it's obvious that most of them did not watch the video. Ignorance is as ignorance does. 'Splains much.
You only prove that you believe Anderson Cooper's claims whole cloth. Ignorance is as ignorance does.

I donno about that...I'm just seeing the echo chamber yelping 'liar!' and I don't see where Cooper is trying to deceive anybody in that segment.

Well I don't know.. they do tend to try to get away with anything, even when it's caught out, they downplay it.. or make up stories to explain it. The only reason I can imagine him standing waste deep in water, while there was no need to, is to make it seem as if things are worse than they are. Find a safe spot, shoot footage of it appearing worse, claim good reporting... when it's brought to light it's a set up, indignantly argue that it was for 'reasons'...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Are you actually going to try to explain away some obvious deceptive news coverage??? Seriously???

I don't care where that picture was taken, and I don't care when. No one else should either. The picture speaks for itself, and it screams volumes. News is fake; anything to sell an advertisement. The news media are whores. Period.

There is absolutely NO WAY you can defend that CNN picture as anything other than pure deceptive DRAMA! None. Doesn't matter where it happened, or when. The only way that picture could have ever been accurate was if the headline to the news story was..."Here's one of the ways we deceive our viewers". Period, that's it.

Any other defense is just absolute and pure BS!

That is all.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

It's sad that people will ignore facts, but unfortunately, they aren't going to watch this. I wish they would, and I'm glad you pointed this out Johnny. Star for you.

Here's a description for those of you that will ignore the video:

That's footage from Hurricane Ike, so it's a decade old. And it's in Texas. He's standing off the side of a road (the cameraman is closer to the road so is on a bank of land), which is why it's not as deep where the cameraman is. During the broadcast he makes note of the fact that the water is receding and points out the road, which proves he isn't hiding anything. He's away from the road so there's enough room for emergency crews to move through, which he points out at the beginning of this video.

In fact, in the meme Gargoyle91 posted, in the top right photo you can actually see the white line of the road behind the cameraman, as well as the road sign the cameraman is leaning on.

I get it. People want to debase and defame things they don't agree with. And CNN doesn't have an impeccable record (neither does FOX, fyi). But in this instance, you are wrong about them/him.
Deny ignorance. JohnnyCanuck here has found the truth, thus ending the ignorance around this topic.
Posts about this Anderson Cooper footage should probably go to the LOL forum now, right? Since it's been proven to be a lie to say that he's staging this to make Hurricane Florence look worse than it is? I mean, 1. it isn't even Hurricane Florence 2. he says during this broadcast that it was worse earlier that day and the water is receding, and 3. he points out why he's standing where he is.

Nothing about this accusation is accurate.

I'll repeat, Deny ignorance.

I am not one of those people . Thank you for posting more information about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join