It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Cooper Explodes Over Memes and then Lies During Fact-Check

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

To play up the drama, like every single news agency does. I don't like it, but it's the situation we're in. BUT, in the filmed segment we see in the photo, he doesn't lie about the state of the area he's standing in. No deception.

The question now is, why call him out for this, for "making it look worse that it is", when he didn't lie about what he was doing in the situation, and specifically pointed out that it wasn't that deep everywhere?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Everyone else is speaking about his action of standing in deep water to make it look bad.

Your response to me directly before this one is about him standing in a ditch. Now it's about his comments from the other night? Stop with the deflections. He didn't lie, and didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

The whole thing that precipitated it becoming a 'thing' was the Weather Channel clip this weekend, which got many others being dug out of youtube et al. I saw a bunch of others also come up in a basic search that nobody even posted in here yet.

Note if the likes of CNN didnt initiate the "FAKE NEWS" war against everyone that tries to buck the system there wouldnt even be so much cause for their old "bloopers" to be a big thing all the sudden.

This is the world they made, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You're right. I should've left the thread pages ago when I said I was going to. Clearly, the truth isn't welcome here.

I'm done trying to help bring rational thought to this. I'm out of the thread for real this time.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Everyone else is speaking about his action of standing in deep water to make it look bad.

Your response to me directly before this one is about him standing in a ditch. Now it's about his comments from the other night? Stop with the deflections. He didn't lie, and didn't do anything wrong.

Of course they are, because it is stupid. He stood there for two hours. It doesn't take 2 hours to show how deep the water is. In other clips, there is footage of rescuers and people being rescued, refuting his claim that he wanted to protect privacy. This is grandstanding at best.

Both comments were on the same topic. One minute you're leaving because your points are refuted, yet you're still here making the same ones. So much for telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

he's right, you are wrong, it's that simple.
this sort of ignorance is sometimes frightening. are we monkeys again? maybe your doctor is a lefty. or the captain of your next flight. watch out. they are everywhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

He specifically says that they wanted the camera facing away from the road to account for the privacy of the individuals being rescued. Therefore, the only direction to point the camera is away from the road.

Who in their right mind would stand waist deep in a ditch full of water? Cameras were 15 feet or less from him...if they moved the cameras 10 feet and he moved 10 feet he would be in 8 inches of water...lol

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

As long as he didnt jerk around in that hurricane flood, then all of that is forgiven, and we can never crack jokes about him ever again. Yea.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You're right. I should've left the thread pages ago when I said I was going to.

All you accomplished was digging your hole deeper.

edit on 18-9-2018 by OneArmedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
[
Who in their right mind would stand waist deep in a ditch full of water? Cameras were 15 feet or less from him...if they moved the cameras 10 feet and he moved 10 feet he would be in 8 inches of water...lol

who in their right mind would stand on the beach or a sidewalk or a road in the middle of a massive storm while they are getting pelted with rain or hail or whatever?

do any of them seem in their right mind.

ever see the news fails where these dudes are doing it and they get jacked?

none of it is necessary. the fact is there is a lets increase the drama factor with ALL news from ALL news sites.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

none of it is necessary. the fact is there is a lets increase the drama factor with ALL news from ALL news sites.

That's exactly it. As for Cooper, my guess is he was looking for the same praise he got for his Katrina reporting, and instead ended up in deep water.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You're right. I should've left the thread pages ago when I said I was going to. Clearly, the truth isn't welcome here.

I'm done trying to help bring rational thought to this. I'm out of the thread for real this time.

Don't be like that dude... I was personally really enjoying your rationally based arguments. A breath of fresh air.

Me personally... I'm far to jaded to even be bothered maturely debating these Trump worshipping minions in any kind of intelligent manner.

When in Rome, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

who in their right mind would stand on the beach or a sidewalk or a road in the middle of a massive storm while they are getting pelted with rain or hail or whatever?

do any of them seem in their right mind.

ever see the news fails where these dudes are doing it and they get jacked?

Though I agree with you I can see them trying to show the full affect, but standing in a ditch up to your waist with 2 inches of water a few feet away is something different...lol

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

He specifically says that they wanted the camera facing away from the road to account for the privacy of the individuals being rescued. Therefore, the only direction to point the camera is away from the road.

Who says its a ditch. The land and it looks like the houses on it are at a lower level than the road! That's common.

Whats wrong with you people? People don't live on the road and those houses are flooded. That's what the reporting is on.

Are you lot really this stupid?
edit on 18-9-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Who says its a ditch. The land and it looks like the houses on it are at a lower level than the road! That's common.

Whats wrong with you people? People don't live on the road and those houses are flooded. That's what the reporting is on.

Are you lot really this stupid?

You know before you call someone stupid maybe you should listen to the video clip.

As he is standing in that water his words were... "I'm waist deep in water" he waves his arm "it is like this as far as your eyes can see" I guess he can't see past 8 feet...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I watched the video clip!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: Xtrozero

I watched the video clip!

Does he not say " it is this deep for as far as the eye's can see"?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm okay with that CNN pic/video of him in the deep water with his crew (still in water) but on higher ground. I would appreciate more context when they air stuff like that, such as (Here's the danger, this ground all seems level but this dip i'm standing in would submerge your car, etc)

I'm not okay with the weather channel guy obviously playing up the wind as the two guys walk past in the background. He should offer an apology instead of saying, but the grass was wet!

Editing to add that this is the main issue with most news shows. They deceive by omission. The truth would be having his crew pan around. No news station or pundit can be trusted in this day and age. Not CNN , Not the Weather channel, Not fox news, not talk radio.
edit on 18-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join