It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Cooper Explodes Over Memes and then Lies During Fact-Check

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
a reply to: notsure1
The Gavin J. Smith tweet referencing the photo of Cooper SPECIFICALLY says "Apparently #HurricaneFlorence wasn't devastating enough".
So yes, someone did say it was Florence, when it actually wasn't. You're right, they do lie.
What further delights me is that the echo chamber is yelping up a storm, yet it's obvious that most of them did not watch the video. Ignorance is as ignorance does. 'Splains much.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Anderson Cooper caught red-handed once again. He's a master at deception and lies.

Actually, I think it's you pushing the deceit and the lies.

No CNN is a Lie Factory just like the BBC. It's Trudeau believe me

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I just showed you that, in fact, someone from the right side of the aisle lied about it being Florence, and you just completely ignored my question about that. Why lie to point out a lie? That's the definition of the pot calling the kettle black.

No, I don't think he HAD to be in the ditch. But, again, he WASN'T hiding it. He pointed out places during the broadcast that had lower water (the road specifically, where you can see in the footage that it's only a few inches deep), and pointed out where the water was deeper than where he was standing as well. So yes, there isn't a specific reason why he HAD to be in the ditch. BUT, he wasn't hiding the fact that there was shallow water nearby, therefore, he wasn't lying to make it look worse. It's where he chose to stand, probably to play up they drama. But again, at no point during that broadcast did he lie and say it was that deep everywhere, and, in fact, he specifically pointed out places where it was shallow.
Not a lie. Playing up drama, which every show in the history of the world does.

Now, answer my question. Why lie about which hurricane it was?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Saying a guy on Twitter was wrong about the hurricane is one thing—it could be an honest mistake—but says nothing about the point he was trying to make.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oh what do you know. Jake Tapper is mad too.

mobile.twitter.com...

Both him and Anderson Cooper are America hating nut jobs.

link   
Obviously this is all one big conspiracy perpetrated by CNN to make @realdonaltrump look bad.

I mean, whats the point of critical thinking skills... when you've got the morally infallible and truly righteous Trump the magnificent, who can do all your thinking for you.

If he tells you that CNN are "fake news" and lie about everything... well then that's obviously just the way it is.

All hail the great orange messiah... none of us simple mortals are even worthy of his superior wisdom.

link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What further delights me is that the echo chamber is yelping up a storm, yet it's obvious that most of them did not watch the video. Ignorance is as ignorance does. 'Splains much.

You only prove that you believe Anderson Cooper's claims whole cloth. Ignorance is as ignorance does.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't say anyone on ATS did. I said that people on ATS grab onto anything they see that reinforces their beliefs without looking into the facts surrounding it. The fact is, Gavin J Smith specifically said it was hurricane Florence in a tweet, and people grabbed onto that.

To put it another way, if it was always known/out in the open that it wasn't Florence in the footage, why bring it up now, during a hurricane, and put it in a meme with the Weather Channel reporter lying about Florence?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Cooper responded to Jr.

Meanwhile the whole web had been speaking towards the thing timelessnessly.

And in here you're ranting about ATS going to snip with when it supposedly as a plot device.

The fact is the MSM deserves all the skewering it gets. And then some. Freaking mass murderer media conditions us into being a society of war thirsty psychopaths. But DONT WE DARE have a little fun coping with the world they've created by skewering them over freaking BLOOPERS.

edit on 18-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

You only prove that you believe Anderson Cooper's claims whole cloth. Ignorance is as ignorance does.

I donno about that...I'm just seeing the echo chamber yelping 'liar!' and I don't see where Cooper is trying to deceive anybody in that segment.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

The point you think he was trying to make is faulty to begin with. Cooper never once lied about what he was doing. He specifically pointed out where the water was shallow. He did not lie about anything. Who cares why he chose to stand off the road, he blatantly points out the road during the broadcast, showing the shallow water. That is the opposite of a lie.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well did repeatedly claim "monster" trucks were doing the rescue, yet the Gravedigger was nowhere in sight.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Where is the ignorance on his side? He flat out says he's standing in deep water and there's shallow water nearby. He isn't trying to lie or deceive anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

narrator, these people deflect and lie. they dance around direct questions. its what they do
it is a big circle jerk

look at the recent thread about mccabe and starzok and you will see

read a few pages of my thread about trump saying you need ID for groceries
read a few pages of my thread about people defending everything trump does

it is very apparent what they are doing. i dont believe they are stupid so i must believe they are doing it on purpose.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well did repeatedly claim "monster" trucks were doing the rescue, yet the Gravedigger was nowhere in sight.

yeah that is some bull#. not what i think of when i hear monster truck

the little stamp says 2018 so not really anything to do with this situation though right

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Where is the ignorance on his side? He flat out says he's standing in deep water and there's shallow water nearby. He isn't trying to lie or deceive anyone.

No doubt he's standing in deep water with shallow water nearby. That's not the question. The question is: why is he standing in a ditch, beside a road, in waist deep water with shallow water nearby?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

OK...you got me there.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Cooper specifically mentions Gavin J Smith in the video where he explains the context of the photo/footage. He called out both of them.

I don't look at it as fun when, at the beginning of this whole thing, people were calling out Cooper's "lies", and now that it's being shown that he didn't lie at all, it's "having a little fun" over "Bloopers". I don't see the fun in that. Also, I don't see a blooper. That was a legitimate broadcast.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The point you think he was trying to make is faulty to begin with. Cooper never once lied about what he was doing. He specifically pointed out where the water was shallow. He did not lie about anything. Who cares why he chose to stand off the road, he blatantly points out the road during the broadcast, showing the shallow water. That is the opposite of a lie.

He said he did it to stay out of the way and to protect privacy. That's the lie I'm speaking about. We already know there was shallow water nearby, as evidenced by the images people posted of him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join