It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defamation of Character -Kavanaugh

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

what police report!!!
as far as I know she just went home and didn't say anything about it!!!
which, considering her age, probably can be explained..
she didn't want to explain what the heck she was doing at a party where people were getting drunk to her parents!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
why was clinton at this party also???
wow!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been giving this a lot of thought.

I do believe her. These kinds of things are humiliating for women, and they typically don't want to talk about it, and do so usually if they think they must.

I don't want him to be sworn in because I'm afraid he supports authoritarianism.

Having said that, I don't think things we did as teenagers should be held against us, if we have led a life of decency following the indecent things we did when young. I did things as a teen I'm ashamed of now, and would never repeat them.

I bet it's true of most of us.

So, although I hope by some miracle he's not confirmed, I don't believe it should be because of this incident.
This is not a Roy Moore scenario.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

She says he tried to remove her clothes against her will. That's all that needs to have happened to be categorically defined as sexual assault.

Regardless of whether Kavanaugh did in fact assault Ford or not, you're making a lot of rape apologist arguments here. It really doesn't sound good.

Oh my goodness! If that is all that needs to happen a lot of kids who grew up in the 80s are going to be classed as sexual assaulters. It just happened to be a prank that kids did back then. Yank a boys swim trunks down or a girls bikini top. It was done in fun with friends. Yes, it was embarrassing, you would cover and run!

No one back then considered it to be sexual assault, but with your post quoted it seems that it is. Even worse if you can accuse someone now of such a charge! Rediculous. At this rate folks are going to be sexual assaulters for simply asking someone out in 2050!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Vasa Croe
so she took the idea of a pussy hat and recreated it into an educational tool???
that is your proof??

She was at the march with a pussy hat on....I guess she could be a Republican and super Trump supporter though....LOL!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The fact is this lady is a liar. Wait for years to bring up an incident, but can’t recall crap. It’s a political ploy meant to stall until after midterms.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

so, just because he didn't have time or maybe the ability to actually take any clothes off means that he wasn't trying to?? I mean, hy what I read, I think he had her pinned down, was on top of her... one hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming, leaving only one hand free.. and if she was struggling, trying to hit him or something to get him off of her, well, that one hand might have been spending more time trying to keep her pinned while protecting himself.

That seems to be your story of the interactions, not hers. Seems there was no fighting from her words and Kavanaugh isn't very big so one can just imagine him as a skinny little teen.

Well first it is all hypothetical since he says he was never there. Second my point was it all looks a little weak even in her words and outcome etc.

link   
Democrats are ruining themselves for decades with this nominee. while on the court, Justice Kavanaugh will never forget the hell that they are putting him through.

link   
I am just rephrasing what I read in one of the articles I read about it.. which is all any of us are doing... lots of articles saying different things.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

A very reasonable response.

I can not say rather I believe her or not. I see no reason to based on what has been presented so far, but that coould change if she testifies.

What I do know is at the very least, by setting on this for two months, diane feinstein chose to make this politicaal.

Whether or not this woman is telling the truth, feinsteins actions are despicable and should be rejected by all people.

As for me, I actually disagree with your conclusion; if it is proven he is an attempted rapist, even if it was when he was 17, I do not want him confirmed.

I see no plausible way that it will be proven he was though.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry but after 30 years, no police report, and a he said she said situation, this needs to be dropped.

Find me a few more women in those 30 years and we'll talk.

This womans word shouldn't hold any more clout than his.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

She says he tried to remove her clothes against her will. That's all that needs to have happened to be categorically defined as sexual assault.

Regardless of whether Kavanaugh did in fact assault Ford or not, you're making a lot of rape apologist arguments here. It really doesn't sound good.

Oh my goodness! If that is all that needs to happen a lot of kids who grew up in the 80s are going to be classed as sexual assaulters. It just happened to be a prank that kids did back then. Yank a boys swim trunks down or a girls bikini top. It was done in fun with friends. Yes, it was embarrassing, you would cover and run!

No one back then considered it to be sexual assault, but with your post quoted it seems that it is. Even worse if you can accuse someone now of such a charge! Rediculous. At this rate folks are going to be sexual assaulters for simply asking someone out in 2050!

Hmm, ok, just so I understand you clearly, you're intimating that if Kavanaugh held down this girl unwillingly and tried to remove her clothes, thats just 'kids being kids'?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

what police report!!!
she didn't want to explain what the heck she was doing at a party where people were getting drunk to her parents!

Where maybe they ALL were getting drunk...why do we not suggest she was drinking too.

My point about a police report is there would not have been anything to put into it even if she did go to the police....

"A police report would show no clothing was removed, none was ripped, no marks, no suggestion of touching private areas etc etc... "

So what is left...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

en.wikipedia.org...

Kavanaugh was first nominated to the Court of Appeals by Bush in 2003. His confirmation hearings were contentious and stalled for three years over charges of partisanship. Kavanaugh was ultimately confirmed to the D.C. Circuit in May 2006 after a series of negotiations between Democratic and Republican U.S. Senators.

This guy was in the nomination process for 3 years to get his old job and this lady never spoke up then?
interesting
I guess some view the appeals court just not as important?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

what police report!!!

Where maybe they ALL were getting drunk...why do we not suggest she was drinking too.

My point about a police report is there would not have been anything to put into it even if she did go to the police....

"A police report would show no clothing was removed, none was ripped, no marks, no suggestion of touching private areas etc etc... "

So what is left...

Dude why are you hinging your argument on a hypothetical police report. There was no police report.

Why aren't you assessing the merits of the argument in the assumptive light of a police report corroborating her story?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

en.wikipedia.org...

Kavanaugh was first nominated to the Court of Appeals by Bush in 2003. His confirmation hearings were contentious and stalled for three years over charges of partisanship. Kavanaugh was ultimately confirmed to the D.C. Circuit in May 2006 after a series of negotiations between Democratic and Republican U.S. Senators.

I guess some view the appeals court just not as important?

The point of your response notwithstanding, I'm racking my brain to try and recall anyone every claiming the appeals court is in fact the higher court over the Supreme Court (in name or in function/power).

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

More evidence that she is not credible.
Time to move on

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Hmm, ok, just so I understand you clearly, you're intimating that if Kavanaugh held down this girl unwillingly and tried to remove her clothes, thats just 'kids being kids'?

Do you think her being a left wing activist and a professional psychologist might come into play in a situation where nothing came out of it, but just maybe she trying to make it something to fulfill her activist side of things?

Doesn't any of this look even a bit fishy to you? When 65 women come forward and say nothing be great things about him for the last 35 years all of a sudden we get one activist that has a story from 35 years ago...And she doesn't even remember the date in the span of 2 years?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What about the 70+ women and 2 he dated back in the day saying he is a upstanding man and would never do anything like what this lady suggests?

Should we ignore them and just listen to the one person accusing him of whatever?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Find me a few more women in those 30 years and we'll talk.

how many women came forward with trump after his grab em tape came out??
he was still elected president, wasn't he...
one women, ten women, a hundred women...
they still wouldn't be taken seriously by ya unless they happened to be a liberal, or better yet, had the last name of clinton!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join