It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump adds 41% to Federal Debt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Donald Trump: As projected in the FY 2019 budget, Trump plans to add $8.282 trillion, a 41-percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget for FY 2017.

He will add almost as much in four years as Obama did in eight.

That would also make him the second-biggest contributor to the debt in history in just one term.

•FY 2021 - $1.119 trillion.
•FY 2020 - $1.198 trillion.
•FY 2019 - $1.225 trillion.
•FY 2018 - $1.233 trillion.

www.thebalance.com...

Trump will add as much in four years as Pres. Obama did in EIGHT, and Pres. Obama was bailing out industry and dealing with a crashing economy!

Anybody remember when the GOP pretended to be the party of fiscal conservatism?

Under Trump's watch, national debt tops $21 trillion for first time in hisotry

About a year ago, President Trump pledged to eliminate the national debt "over a period of eight years."

But for the first time in history, the national debt surpassed $21 trillion this week, according to the U.S. Treasury.

www.cbsnews.com...

Just wondering if there are any Fiscal Conservatives left in the GOP?

Or has that pillar of the Conservative Platform been red-penned along with Family Values and other inconvenient principles in the age of Trumpism?

edit on 18-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Well since Obama is taking all the credit wouldnt this be on him too?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Is that what you're going with?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yep.. If he can take credit for the economy, The GDP, unemployment rates , jobs, the stock market then why not the debt.

Unless its all Trump which it is BTW..

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The financial slave system made even more frustrating with the knowledge that the money doesn't even physically exist and is actually controlled by rich bankers and corporations anyway

edit on -180002018-09-18T11:22:42-05:000000004230201842092018Tue, 18 Sep 2018 11:22:42 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
At this point, I think our leaders know about a giant asteroid that’s going to strike earth in the near future but aren’t telling us about it.

How else to explain this administrations attitude of “F*** it” when it comes to the economy and the environment.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
At this point, I think our leaders know about a giant asteroid that’s going to strike earth in the near future but aren’t telling us about it.

How else to explain this administrations attitude of “F*** it” when it comes to the economy and the environment.

So the economy is not doing good and Obama was lying?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yep.. If he can take credit for the economy, The GDP, unemployment rates , jobs, the stock market then why not the debt.

There is nuance to the subject and it's not black and white, but there is no sense in just coming in and muddying the waters right off the bat.

At the end of the day, it's bad. I think it would be more constructive to find out why it is going up so fast rather than fighting on who to blame.

But that's just me. After all, we are going to foot this bill at some point.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

There is nuance to the subject and it's not black and white, but there is no sense in just coming in and muddying the waters right off the bat.

At the end of the day, it's bad. I think it would be more constructive to find out why it is going up so fast rather than fighting on who to blame.

Im 46 and I have been hearing that BS about how "WE" are going to have to foot that bill my whole life, and it was all so bad lol.

40 years later and no footing of that bill.

Its all just BS.
edit on 18-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. What did Obama say?

Obama? Lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Obama? Lol.

You know exactly what he said lol. And the but Obama started in the OP..

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Take care, you'll be accused of being logical and prudent......

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thats due to ol Barry not giving a rat's rear on the VA , infrastructure , etc .
But he did give billions to Iran
Wonder if they included that in the total ?
Oh , yeah , the farce that was Pelosi/Reid care. That set the nation back a chunk of change in itself
But , where did the money for the subsidies for the insurance companies go ?
Dang.
Soetoro promised them the check was in the mail...

edit on 9/18/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Obama? Lol.

You know exactly what he said lol. And the but Obama started in the OP..

I seriously have no idea. Is this like a secret code or something?

Believe it or not, most people don’t walk around all day with Obama on the brain. His words hold about as much weight to me as Donald Trumps, which isn’t saying much.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Im 46 and I have been hearing that BS about how "WE" are going to have to foot that bill my whole life, and it was all so bad lol.

Its all just BS.

Just because you don't get an invoice in the mail doesn't mean we aren't paying for it.

Is the dollar as strong as it used to be? Nope.

Hey but at least the middle class is compensated more to mitigate that.... nope.

So to summarize, in your mind the debt doesn't matter either way because you believe it has no impact?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Its all just BS.

I'm about the same age and also heard that real estate values never go down... until they did.

Paying the piper may or may not happen in our life time... however, it will happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Its all just BS.

Just because you don't get an invoice in the mail doesn't mean we aren't paying for it.

Is the dollar as strong as it used to be? Nope.

Hey but at least the middle class is compensated more to mitigate that.... nope.

So to summarize, in your mind the debt doesn't matter either way because you believe it has no impact?

We have had the debt my whole life. the impact is the same as its always been

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Its all just BS.

I'm about the same age and also heard that real estate values never go down... until they did.

Paying the piper may or may not happen in our life time... however, it will happen.

Whos the piper?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You should give a heads up in the Q threada - They'll respond "trust the Plan"

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Thats due to ol Barry not giving a rat's rear on the VA , infrastructure , etc . But he did give billions to Iran

My guess would be more on failed wars costing Trillions, not a few billion dollars that is a drop in the bucket.... and also from frozen Iranian accounts.

Wonder if they included that in the total ?

It's probably after the decimal point in the percentage.

But , where did the money for the subsidies for the insurance companies go ? Dang.

Done deflecting? Because this is a bi-partisan problem. Obama ran the federal government very similarly to Bush, and now isn't too much different aside from a few tax cuts.

The Fed needs to raise interest rates, we need banking reforms, we should figure out a way to bolster the middle class before we lose it along with a long list of things we need to do.

But keep blaming Obama and see how far that gets us, it's everyone's fault who's been in power, and the blind sheeple of loyalists the parties own.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join