It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Ellison domestic violence accuser says Democratic party doesn't believe her story

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry, at this point I want cold hard facts. I don't care what anyone has to say...you have to prove it. Innocent until proven guilty is still a thing.......isn't
it? Goes for everyone regardless of party...

A2D

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: vinifalou

the real question is, which of these two women do you believe,?
that's where the thin line of hypocrisy lies

No. Just no. The real question is who can and will provide witnesses and other evidence to prove their claims.

I'd even accept "preponderance of evidence" as opposed to"beyond a reasonable doubt" since this is a civil, not criminal, matter.

Anything less is unacceptable. Especially anonymous claims with few verifiable details -- who, what, when, where and how.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Innocent until proven guilty.

Except if you're Trump or Kavanaugh.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Dang! Was going to put that one on the OP but exceeded the maximum time limit.

Nice one, sir.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Supposedly, innocent until proven guilty is still a thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

However she seems to remember that he was 17 and she was 15. Pretty easy to figure out the 2 years you were 15. You should remember if it was hot or if it was cold.

Narrows it down further. From there one should be able to determine a timeline. It's purposefully vague as it is only meant to delay delay delay.

Lots of people are repeating that the FBI should investigate. They have said more than once that they are not investigating more. 6 background checks completed by the FBI so far and zero. Again it is just delay delay delay til midterms when they have a chance.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They believe her, that's why they are doing this.

They are the only ones allowed to hold the moral high ground, and anything and anyone that ruins that perception must in turn be ruined.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

They are the only ones allowed to hold the moral high ground, and anything and anyone that ruins that perception must in turn be ruined.

I am just so tired of these peop,e with their claims of moral superiority and champion of women being total hypocrites when it comes to someone on their side being accused.

Innocent until proven guilty; PERIOD! Thats my stance on all of this.

Yet the same people that tell us women must always be believed almost always find a reason to find an exception when its one of their own accused.

Can we at least all just agree that the dems do not have a moral high ground when it comes to these issues; they are just posturing for political gain?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am just so tired of these peop,e with their claims of moral superiority and champion of women being total hypocrites when it comes to someone on their side being accused.

Yet the same people that tell us women must always be believed almost always find a reason to find an exception when its one of their own accused.

Can we at least all just agree that the dems do not have a moral high ground when it comes to these issues; they are just posturing for political gain?

The problem here is that it costs them nothing to post on here that they agree with you, when in truth they may not.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The problem here is that it costs them nothing to post on here that they agree with you, when in truth they may not.

Hahaha, I would settle for just the claim they agree, I cant even get that!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Hahaha, I would settle for just the claim they agree, I cant even get that!

Certainly not, when the best idea put forward is to "Ban Men".

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Democrat Party - Doing What We Accuse Others Of Doing

DNC leaked emails, Podesta emails, crooks and abusers leading
the thing - it is truly disgusting.

There was a time when I would have considered voting
for a Democrat if they were a good person and had good
policy, but no more. NEVER.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The incidents should be investigated.

I don’t have a problem with that and I a woman who is left of center.

Do you think that Ford’s accusation should be investigated?

Abuse is not a left v right issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
The incidents should be investigated.

I don’t have a problem with that and I a woman who is left of center.

Do you think that Ford’s accusation should be investigated?

Abuse is not a left v right issue.

Of course

Should the allegation have been set on for two months so that it could be sprung in the last minute in hopes of delaying a confirmation until after the election?

Of course not, that is disgusting and used ng a woman’s allegations as a mere political ploy.

Now seeing as how these very same Dems demand a stop to the hearing until the matter is investigated, don’t you think they should demand Ellison suspend his campaign and stop acting as deputy dnc chair until this matter is investigated?

Are you outraged that the alleged victim claims she has been ignored and smeared by her very own party, the dnc?

Do you think the dnc behavior here shows they are hypocrites compared to how they are treating the Kavanaugh situation?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One thing you have to admit about the Democrats is that they seem to have a high tolerance for this kind of behavior when it is one of their own thats accused. (Recall the fierce loyalty to Bill Clinton during the "Bimbo eruptions")
They are also much more loyal to fellow Democrats than Republicans are and know how to circle the wagons when one of their own is accused.
The Republicans could learn a few things from them.
edit on 9/18/2018 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

seems like every right wing nutter here immediately presumes accusations are lies, as long as it's their party. but theres truth when it's the opposite party...

funny how a thread trying to shed lights on hypocrisy, only ends up shining light on another hypocrisy...

Does a hypocrite actually know they are a hypocrite?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
One thing you have to admit about the Democrats is that they seem to have a high tolerance for this kind of behavior when it is one of their own thats accused. (Recall the fierce loyalty to Bill Clinton during the "Bimbo eruptions")
They are also much more loyal to fellow Democrats than Republicans are and know how to circle the wagons when one of their own is accused.
The Republicans could learn a few things from them.
I donno about that...the Pussygrabber-In-Chief seems to have gotten a free pass...fierce loyalty from Melania as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Good point, but Trump is a piker compared to Bill Clinton.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

If Kavanaugh doesn't get enough votes for confirmation, expect to see several Senate Democrats replaced by Republicans in November.

Even Democrats with half a brain won't vote for their current Democratic Senator, after this disgraceful showing by their party leaders!

And Republican voters will turn out in huge numbers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join