It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Ellison domestic violence accuser says Democratic party doesn't believe her story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just another example of how hypocrisy works. You guys are probably tired of seeing the left do this.

I thought we should "believe women".

“No, they don't,” Monahan tweeted in response to a question whether the party believes women’s stories. “I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party. I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse.”

— Karen Monahan (@KarenMonahan01) September 17, 2018

Plenty of proofs, and credible people who can corroborate the story. Yet, the Democratic party wants to discredit her. I wonder why, if they're so friendly and defenders of the women who suffered abuse...

Her comment came after another user pointed to comments made by Peter Daou, a Democratic strategist and former advisor to Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, who wrote in a tweet that the Kavanaugh accuser will be “attacked, smeared, and demonized” and that people must “believe women.”

But I guess it doesn't work both ways, right? We should only believe them if they're pushing the left agenda.

This is the second time Ellison has been publicly accused of domestic violence. Another woman, Amy Louise Alexander, spoke out in 2006, going public with her account that Ellison verbally abused her while they were having an affair. She also said he grabbed and pushed her during an argument. Ellison denied even having a relationship with her.

There are several similarities between the accounts: Both women were involved in Minnesota progressive politics, and they described Ellison losing his temper and using threats, verbal harassment, and violence.

fake news source #1

fake news source #2

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

the real question is, which of these two women do you believe,?
that's where the thin line of hypocrisy lies

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

By the two, you meant the two who accused Keith Elison?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It is simple , Democrat is innocent Republican is guilty . It does not matter what proof there is .

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Wait the Ellison accuser came out well before Kavanaughs did right?

That’s strange, I am struggling to find all of the people on the Kavanaugh thread saying we must hear out this woman making those comments about Ellison’s accuser before he gets elected to office

Same goes for the vocal members of the media and Democratic Party

Almost as if..... they don’t really care about alleged victims and are just using this situation to try to hold political power!

Surely not!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Amazing that the people of Minnesota elected Ellison as their Attorney General (of all things), even though these allegations surfaced one week before.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Wait the Ellison accuser came out well before Kavanaughs did right?

That’s strange, I am struggling to find all of the people on the Kavanaugh thread saying we must hear out this woman making those comments about Ellison’s accuser before he gets elected to office

Yea, it almost feels like they only defend the people who can benefit them in some way.

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nevermind, I'm discussing the wrong incident.
edit on 18-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: you make me want to be a better man

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Is it just me or are people who abuse people attracted to power and politics?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I think it's the other way around.

When they start to gain power and money they start to think they can abuse people.

Sick bastards!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

This is why I won't vote. I don't trust people who want power.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I think it's the other way around.

When they start to gain power and money they start to think they can abuse people.

Sick bastards!

It could work out that way also.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

By the two, you meant the two who accused Keith Elison?

great deflection.

you cant scream hypocrites, when you know who you believe and not based on proof either.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

seems like every right wing nutter here immediately presumes accusations are lies, as long as it's their party. but theres truth when it's the opposite party...

funny how a thread trying to shed lights on hypocrisy, only ends up shining light on another hypocrisy...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

the real question is, which of these two women do you believe,?
that's where the thin line of hypocrisy lies

I believe both of his accusers. I bet they can tell you what year it happened.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

seems like every right wing nutter here immediately presumes accusations are lies, as long as it's their party. but theres truth when it's the opposite party...

funny how a thread trying to shed lights on hypocrisy, only ends up shining light on another hypocrisy...

I believe Kavanaugh's accuser. She says she remembers almost no details and can't even remember the year. I believe her.

I actually think they were all drunk, fooling around, and she has a lot of issues and turned this into something it wasn't in her own mind long after it happened.

I have known a lot of women who were assaulted. Every last one of them can tell you the year it happened, if not the very day.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I haven’t seen one poster in this thread say Ellison is definitely guilty, maybe I missed that?

I know I have been consistent with everyone one of these cases; innocent until proven guilty

I was even vocal about but liking how Franken was treated

Yet we have many people acting like Feinstein sitting on the allegations against Kavanaugh for months only to bring it up the week he was supposed to be confirmed is not a political move

Yet those same people are utterly silent with allowing Ellison to still not have his accuser have a public hearing and the Dems brushing of these allegations aside

Yes both sides have hypocrites, but’s it’s the Dems that claim the moral high ground saying we must believe all victims

Yet time and time again when the victims are accusing Dems, all of the sudden their standard changes

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That about covers it.

The oh, so caring act is, in too many cases, just that, an act.

Buried beneath the fold on page 12.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It wasn't a deflection.

There are 3 accusers and you told me to choose 2 of them.

Now, by your tone, I take you meant one (can it be any?) of the Elison's accusers and Kavanaugh's, right?

Well. At this point, I do believe that the woman mentioned on the OP is telling the truth. She has plenty of evidences to corroborate her story.

I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse.”

And Kavanaugh's accuser only have... His word. So I say we should hear what she has to say and we can find out if she's telling the truth.

I'm not biased to defend any of the parties. Especially if we're dealing with abused women. If Kav did it he should pay for it!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Power, yes.

Politics, only sometimes.

But the power aspect is a dead certainty. For most, if not all, the control/power they get is the rush for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join