It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurgance connect to Syrian intel? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Syrian Intelligence involved in insurgancy. Could this be valid and if so, what happens next?

www.foxnews.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Iraqi state television aired a video Wednesday showing what the U.S.-funded channel said was the confession of a captured Syrian officer who said he trained Iraqi insurgents to behead people and build car bombs to attack American and Iraqi troops.

The video also showed an Iraqi who said the insurgents practiced beheading animals to train for decapitating hostages.

Syrian officials could not immediately be reached for comment on the claims

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My first ever post, take it easy on me. Been reading for years. Not sure if this has already been posted, If so, sorry.

I think this comes at an interesting time!! Does the validate what experts have been saying? I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Another link with similar story:

www.boston.com...:.shtml

[edit on 23-2-2005 by boudreaux]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Of course it validates what the experts are saying, but what do you think? Does this garner public support for going to war with Syria? How about the timing? Sometimes in this world, we have to read between the lines.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I agree with you on this one (Dr Love). That is why I posted to get others opinion. I found it interesting timing and funny that foxnews is running the story. I also read same basic details on the Boston Globe page.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I voted no for two reason, 1. There was no referance links provided and I personally distrust Foxnews and 2. It lacked details(your news piece that is)

[edit on 23-2-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My apologies, like I said, first ever post, I did not realize I was supposed to be more detailed. I can provide you with the second link to corroborate the story from fox.

www.boston.com...:.shtml

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
another post on the subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i think everyone knew that they were aiding the insurgency, sort of like everyone knows that Iran is aiding the insurgency as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It certainly goes to prove that we are fighting more than a few insurgents. Every terrorist organization or pro terrorists country has a stake in what happens in Iraq. We can fight them there or we can fight them here! Either way we have no choice but to fight. For those who hate Bush and his Administration hopefully you can now see why we are over there. Terrorism is a cancer that has to be wiped out. I pray that the bastards can never turn our streets into a bloodbath.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga
It certainly goes to prove that we are fighting more than a few insurgents. Every terrorist organization or pro terrorists country has a stake in what happens in Iraq. We can fight them there or we can fight them here! Either way we have no choice but to fight. For those who hate Bush and his Administration hopefully you can now see why we are over there. Terrorism is a cancer that has to be wiped out. I pray that the bastards can never turn our streets into a bloodbath.

You are definitely correct. This region has been fighting and terrorzing for the better part of recorded history....Why do the "Old Europeans" Still not see it?

Didn't Britian used to be in the Middle East in the mid 1900's but got ran out?

top topics

join