It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Movie Winchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I watched Winchester movie about the haunted house. They say it is inspired by real life incidents. What is the importance of the name winchester? was there a thing about shakespeare related with it? is it really haunted? I was really scared at some point.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
'Winchester' is the family namesake. The 'Winchester' brand is one of the US's top firearm manufacturers.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The house is allegedly haunted by the spirits of all who have died by a Winchester firearm.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Yes.. it was very scary. a finger came out of the talking hole.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

😂😂😂 The talking hole.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Mrs. Winchester was always afraid of spirits, I've heard there are decoy doors and bathrooms to confuse spirits. She even reportedly slept in different rooms each night.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a good way to milk a sucker out of her fortune slowly over time and have her thank you for it in the end.
Ohhhh no we can’t ever stop build your house or the spirits will get you.
a reply to: CriticalStinker

edit on 18-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

The front hole?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: Damla

The front hole?

The top front hole, not the lower front hole.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
The house is allegedly haunted by the spirits of all who have died by a Winchester firearm.

Wow, must be a pretty big house.

Why would this have only happened to that family, there are a lot of family names/legacies that revolve around the firearms industry.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Do remember watching a report on that house, very strange, doors that open to a wall, stairs that go to a ceiling....weird!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

She went to a medium who told her all this, and she was terrified.
There would have to be some mental health issues if you just build your house forever because a medium tells you that's what the spirits affected by your family business want.
It was a different time.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Went there 25 years ago and took the tour. Yeah some medium told Mrs. Winchester to keep building to appease the spirits. The tour was pretty much all about her being a little crazy, nothing spooky or paranormal at all. Still a neat place to visit!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

in supernormal tv series, isnt the brothers also named winchester?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I didnt really look at screen at some parts it was weird type of scary. they built those holes in the walls to communicate with other rooms because the house was so big in the movie and you know while the doctor in the movie was listenning a finger came out of one of those holes. but he didnt see it.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

If I remember correctly, Ms. Winchester lived in the late 19th / early 20th century, when 'Spiritualism' was at its peak. So where the charlatans and con men!
We may be looking at the first documented case of Contractor fraud!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
a reply to: Athetos

If I remember correctly, Ms. Winchester lived in the late 19th / early 20th century, when 'Spiritualism' was at its peak. So where the charlatans and con men!
We may be looking at the first documented case of Contractor fraud!

we? just like i thought when looking at the brexit title, who is this we we are talking about?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Easy explanation; she was conned. Ms. Winchester was known to be more than a little eccentric. From all ive read and heard on this subject, she was duped by a medium.
The medium told Ms. Winchester that in order to appease the spirits of those killed by Winchester weapons, she must continue building on her house and not stop.
Construction continued from 1884-1922, allegedly 24 hours 7 days a week.
Now the UNSUBSTANTIATED rumor (which i believe to be true), is that the mediums brother was a contractor/home builder. It is said that his company performed most, if not all of the continuous renovation.
It's been alleged that the brother/sister pair set out to scam Ms. Winchester as soon as her husband passed.

As stupid and simple as it sounds, remember that spiritualism was at it's peak during the turn of the century, and 95%-98% of 'mediums' were just con artists.
Ms.Winchester was one of the wealthiest women on the planet. She was widowed in 1881, so aside from the servants, she was alone.
A rich, single woman with all that money will attract a lot of less-than respectable individuals. Especially in 1884! Im suprised it was even legal for her to possess such a vast fortune!!!

edit on 20/9/2018 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

top topics

join