It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous - Everyone Must Know This Before it is Deleted! (2018-2019)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirJohneleth
Far too much internet, in 1992 the MIT director of media lab - Nicholas Negroponte predicted by 2000 we would have fully interactive holographic TV sets with olfactory sense triggers - I'm still waiting....

SMELL'O'VISION?!?!?!? TAKE MY money, put me on the list, sign me up..ill take out 3 student loans for half of one if I have to.

A2D

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Huh??
Maintain trash ones of what??

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

And yet....Amoebas have been outsmarting humans since humans evolved on this planet haven't they?

Amoebas cause Encephilitis, Dysentery, and are responsible for growing the bacteria that causes Plague. This is just a short list. My point is that with all of the technology humans have we can still not out wit a little amoeba. You see...technology can never win against something that can adapt.

I was not talking about biological intelligence. Although that is even easier for AI to outsmart.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think that the advancement of AI is something that is definitely worth thinking about. It is supposed to advance extremely rapidly in the next 20 years. There will be a point where the AI can design itself in advanced ways or do research on things that humans even aren't capable of.

Governments could use AI to control people, for one thing. I'm not sure about AI getting out of control and taking over, as I think a lot of people are worried about it and are putting checks in place to prevent it. However, some sort of terrorist or enemy nation could make a rogue AI or something.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Sometimes,I am the only person in a crowd not staring at or relying on a piece of plastic....it is like being surrounded by mindless zombies.

Well I am sure with you there. My Family keeps trying to give me the new electronics they came over with the big TV and later the new computer they can't see I am fine without this stuff. No one calls me because I have a phone, in the house and they text not call or write now days. I feel sad when i see people huddled over their phone and my daughter-in-law wasted a whole day of her vacation in Reno because she broke her phone and HAD to have parts, he husband is with her and has a phone so why could she not wait?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
In my opinion AI is just more advanced gadgets that will only be as good as the human who invents them.

So we get better killing machines but still just a killing machine, nothing new.

So we get better pilots but still just a pilot, nothing new.

So we get better thinking and problem solving but still thinking and problem solving, nothing new.

So we get answers to things in a way that was programmed by a human. Humans are limited, this will proporgate into AI.

All we can ever do with AI is create things that are more efficient than humans but still based on human understanding.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mfourl

There are people who will abuse the systems.

Why are they weaponizing drones?

We're supposed to use technology to help humans, not kill them more efficiently.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Computers will never become smart enough to take over anything, the whole idea that they can is just another ploy.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Topato

Well it still hasn't been deleted yet and its been 2 days since you posted this thread. I guess i can take my time with this.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Yeah, i was obviously having a bit of fun with it, and riffing on how Americans would rather take political sides on anything that may or may not be a future threat to the Earth than to actually be proactive. But IF that scenario were ever to become remotely plausible, you know that's how America would respond.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think we are being set up for a false flag.
they need us to think the robots will do it!
so They can use the robots to take over.
or attack lets say China.

It will be the new hacking of the future.
turn you own robot army against you.
They really need to NOT use the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join