It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous - Everyone Must Know This Before it is Deleted! (2018-2019)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I really don't think it can "think" for its self. Its just trying to respond to input words it hears. Its just stringing words together in the sentence and trying to come up with a predetermined response or set of words that might answer the question in a logical manner. I think you would be surprised on how much Sofia is coached and coded to answer.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Topato

Meh let the plebs marry robots and give them equal rights, I'll be long gone away from the rest of society.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I agree except I would add that tech did change the world, it just didn't give us any more humanity..in fact is lessened it.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I liked your video. The title though... Nothing you see here is current cutting edge research. That's just how science works. No one wants to fund projects that fail. Scientists don't apply for funds to do new work. They propose projects they already did last year that they know worked and when they get the money, they publish what they already have and use the money to do new things. In this way, whatever you see is already like 2 years old. Who knows what they can do now?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I cannot see any plausible scenario where robots or machines will ever be able to overcome humans. Humans are superior to robots in every single way and can adapt to most any situation if need be.

There is no AI that would be capable to out-wit a human brain in a war time scenario. All computers can do is interpret all available data and take the course of action with the highest possible chance of succeeding. That is it's downfall because humans know this and would always be able to adjust accordingly.

No "Sky-Net" is possible because robots would need a huge head start in order to achieve a superior number of robots or systems to take over. Humans would easily see this coming and stop it before it ever started. Not to mention that systems are so compartmentalized that it would be impossible to take any whole area over without humans becoming wise to the situation.

If everything went dark today, humans would survive. There may be chaos at first and the weak would perish, but in the end, civilization would continue on like it has for a hundred thousand years. I'm sure early humans were all comfy-cozy before the last ice age forced them to adapt. I'm sure that early humans were the same when the global flood came and they adapted as well. Give us some credit!
edit on 18-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris...

vigilantcitizen.com...

whale.to...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yes this is going to really mess us up. Look at how we treat creatures that are slightly less intelligent to ourselves and we have compassion. Now image something a lot more intelligent to us without compassion.

We are raising a demon

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

No "Sky-Net" is possible because robots would need a huge head start in order to achieve a superior number of robots or systems to take over. Humans would easily see this coming and stop it before it ever started.

Unless AI is used and inergated fully into military defense and has the ability to share experience with other AI through a cloud network (which it does)

Thinking we can see its moves coming is akin to watching an amoeba trying to outsmart you.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And yet....Amoebas have been outsmarting humans since humans evolved on this planet haven't they?

Amoebas cause Encephilitis, Dysentery, and are responsible for growing the bacteria that causes Plague. This is just a short list. My point is that with all of the technology humans have we can still not out wit a little amoeba. You see...technology can never win against something that can adapt.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The only AI advancement so far was the Japanese invented "fuzzy" logic for vacuum cleaners and clothes washers back about 2000
"maybe" was a whole new logic gate.
Too bad it didn't catch on outside of load balancing the washer tub or automatically adjusting the height of the vacuum depending on the surface.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't have a link, but I remember reading a story about six weeks ago where scientists had developed two A.I.s and had them just start conversing with each other, using the English language. By the second week of the two talking to each other non-stop, they had developed their own unique language, and the researchers overseeing the project had to shut it down because they didn't know what the two were talking about anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now forget the anthropomorphic robot, it is really just a gimmick and about training an AI to simulate and understand human behavior but those drone's are impressive.

Impressive and deadly - just not yet.

Instead of dropping a bomb that destroyed indiscriminately a drone pod that releases thousands of micro drone's each endowed with both an advanced individual AI and a swarm AI allowing target sharing and reconnaissance data.
A scenario were terrorists, soldiers or even any other target can be taken out, imagine terrorists are hiding out in a cave system, holding hostages or attacking.

AI checking for weapon's, checking facial recognition database, checking personnel files could save a lot of soldiers, bring peace over night but at what cost?.

Once the genie is out of the bottle - and it already is - then it is just a matter of time before it is abused or used not to defend but to control.

And then what happen's when the AI decides it is time to make ALL of the decision's for itself?.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

No "Sky-Net" is possible because robots would need a huge head start in order to achieve a superior number of robots or systems to take over. Humans would easily see this coming and stop it before it ever started.

Take that second sentence and change it to the reality: "Humans on one side of the political spectrum would see it coming and want to stop it before it ever started, but humans on the opposite side of the political spectrum would say it's a hoax, and nothing we could ever control if it wasn't a hoax, so we should just stop wasting money trying to stop a hoax."

You could then add, "And then the two sides argued for years, neither willing to even examine the research of the other, while the A.I. built it's army of robots."

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Many will have "passed" by the time the robots take full control, so just hope You don't have to "re-boot" and it'll be like it was this LIFE, "voluntary"...

So

Stay Hydrated... (to at least keep Your current 'skin suit' in fine order...)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

So while the two sides are bitterly divided, (the very obtusely used term) "AI" will have secretly built a secret base, right next to it's secret mine where other "AI" mines the necessary resources to make more "AI". In the meantime, other "AI" has built all the necessary vehicles, made the gas, programmed said vehicles with more "AI" to do the "AI's" bidding. While in the same region...yet more "AI" has somehow built a power plant to generate the power needed to do all of the above.
All while humans take no notice of what's going on....

I'm sure you can see how absurd this scenario is right?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: pointessa

I really don't think it can "think" for its self. Its just trying to respond to input words it hears. Its just stringing words together in the sentence and trying to come up with a predetermined response or set of words that might answer the question in a logical manner. I think you would be surprised on how much Sofia is coached and coded to answer.

While I think, at least i ''THINK'' I think, you are correct in this assumption that AI is still a fair pace away from real consciousness it begs the question of by what standards to we juxtapose ''real consciousness'' and pre-patterned rote thought and behavior?

If we want, or at least ''think we want'', to compare this current state of AI to human consciousness and call it shy of the standard we believe ourselves to be I think we need to examine the real state of human consciousness.

How much of our behavior and thought is little if nothing more than what your description of AI is at this state. We find humans on a massive scale just following patterned responses in our daily lives. We adhere to belief systems almost unerringly. And I call those ''belief systems'' when in reality all that that they really are are pre-existing patterns of thought. Religions, pre established patterns of thought and behavior. Political thought as well seem for a large part to be based on coherent balances of pre-develoed dogmas, or rules of behavior.

Lakoff and others in the field of human consciousness and neuro psychology are now asserting that what we consider to be human consciousness can all be accounted as mental repeats of previous actions and thoughts using no real '' conscious decision making at all. They suggest that to the degree of 97 or 8 % of our mental processes is little if any different from that now being presented by the current state of AI.

I think there is a difference between consciousness and intelligence, between awareness and following pre established routines. What we are talking about with AI at this point is ''intelligence'', not consciousness. But that is scary enough in itself.

If we cannot distinguish between what is truely conscious behavior and what is merely just following pre established patterns how can we know when AI is what we are confronting. At this point, all we need is one human in charge of massive amounts of AI to fool us all. And that AI need not be as ''intelligent'' as this robot called Sophia. It will be able to put into seamless and unquestioned actions the will of that one human.

So as much as I agree that a state of robotic ''consciousness'' is still not here, if it ever is, it certainly is or soon will be ''intelligent'' enough that most of us will not be able to tell the difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'd just like to add:

Unless these AI robots encase themselves in Faraday Cages EMP attacks would make quick work of them. Wouldn't even need a large nuke detonation. Smaller, more localized versions can be built fairly easily by any engineer I would imagine.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

You don't maintain "trash" ones?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topato

Check out this video about A.I. advancement. Our technology is getting more advanced than our morality. We are becoming slaves to it. It is becoming smarter than we are. Elon Musk is a transhumanist.

This is very dangerous.

What do you think? Am I having too much internet or will we be enslaved by robots in 20 years?

If you are "affraid" its gets deleted, it is possible to download youtube videos and save them on a million USB disks and hide them underground around the world.

But I am afraid this video is just a collection of small clips bout Musk given a dreamy speech and some clips of drones, old junk robots and a clip from a user made movie about killer drones.. All seen before and old footage

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I estimate it must be awesome to watch them in real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join