It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller seeks November sentencing for Michael Flynn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
New news on the Flynn front... another stall to his sentencing.

WASHINGTON – Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller has requested a November sentencing date for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, signaling that the former Army general has completed his cooperation with federal investigators in the ongoing inquiry into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

In a joint filing Monday, prosecutors and Flynn's attorney, Robert Kelner, suggested a Nov. 28 date.

USA Today

SoOo... interestingly enough, Mueller has now successfully kept Flynn under a gag order until after the midterm elections.

With the news of declassification that we got today, is this a coincidence?

I wonder what has Mueller so worried that he has stalled yet again? What political games are we not aware of on this?

For those not in the know, one of Flynn's big priorities when he entered the Trump White House was a full audit of the intelligence communities, which have not been done since the mid 1970's. He had attempted to under the Obama administration, which infuriated the upper echelons of the CIA, among other people. He was then forced into retirement.

Soon after entering the Trump administration, Mueller caught him in a perjury trap and placed him under a gag order. Coincidence?

Any thoughts on the matter, fellow ATSers?

edit on 17-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, delay in sentencing until November. I can't quite place my finger on it, but isn't something important supposed to be happening then???

What a disgrace. This is 100% being done for political purposes, and really, is anyone surprised?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I fully agree... and have edited my OP to provide a little background information on Mueller and Flynn.

Pure politics here, nothing else.

So yes, a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I fully agree... and have edited my OP to provide a little background information on Mueller and Flynn.

So yes, a disgrace.

In the edit you mentioned a gag order. Had a quick question on that. Is the gag order in effect until the trial is over and he is sentenced, or is that a part of the plea agreement and he is not to talk about certain things even after it is all said and done?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

So yes, a disgrace.

In the edit you mentioned a gag order. Had a quick question on that. Is the gag order in effect until the trial is over and he is sentenced, or is that a part of the plea agreement and he is not to talk about certain things even after it is all said and done?

It is effect until after the sentencing, from what I have read.

So pushing this back until after the midterms is nothing but politics.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
More proof Mueller is compromised.

"It's a big ruse"

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It's strictly coincidental timing. There's nothing political about any of this. Nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So both the prosecutors and Flynn's attorneys agreed on that sentencing AFTER the elections, and that's a problem?

Would it be better if it were before the elections?

There is an unspoken rule about pressing charges on political figures in the couple of months before elections. That's why Trump was mad at Sessions for bringing charges on two Republican candidates a bit over two months before. It was also why it was highly unorthodox to announce an investigation into Hillary days before the election.

Mueller, being a by the book guy that he seems to be, is honoring that rule by sentencing after the elections.

So, what would be the benefit of sentencing him before?

edit on 17-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
So both the prosecutors and Flynn's attorneys agreed on that that AFTER the elections, and that's a problem?

Would it be better if it were before the elections?

There is an unspoken rule about pressing charges on political figures in the couple of months before elections. That's why Trump was mad at Sessions for bringing charges on two Republican candidates a bit over two months before. It was also why it was highly unorthodox to announce an investigation into Hillary days before the election.

Mueller, being a by the book guy that he seems to be, is honoring that rule by sentencing after the elections.

So, what would be the benefit of sentencing him before?

Mueller requested it, NOT Flynn's attorney. They sat down and agreed to a date. And really, why would Flynn's attorney object, it doesnt effect him either way?

if it is done before the election, the gag order is lifted and who knows what comes out.......
edit on pm99201818America/Chicago17p09pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Possibly because last Friday they were both OK with the sentencing being today.

Monday, the declassification notice from Trump came out.

Insiders knew of it Friday.

Mueller changed it over the weekend.

So why change it now?

Edited to add, if the sentencing were have happened today then Flynn would be released from his gag order.

What doesn't Mueller want the public to find out that Flynn knows?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

How many days in prison do you think Flynn will get. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

New news on the Flynn front... another stall to his sentencing.

WASHINGTON – Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller has requested a November sentencing date for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, signaling that the former Army general has completed his cooperation with federal investigators in the ongoing inquiry into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Ok, so f**K him!

special counsel Robert Mueller has requested a November sentencing date

Denied, date set for Oct 22nd.

Its time to end this charade!

edit on 17/9/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/9/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
More proof Mueller is compromised.

"It's a big ruse"

Bingo. Mueller is in over his head now, and there is no way to get out of this with his honor intact, if he ever had any.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sentencing won't happen. Mueller is toast, along with his reputation. He and those who hired/worked with him to needlessly damage so many lives must PAY appropriately for their crimes.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Why did Mueller indict Flynn to begin with? It wasn't even a legitimate charge, according to FBI closed-session testimonies.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why did Mueller indict Flynn to begin with? It wasn't even a legitimate charge, according to FBI closed-session testimonies.

I wrote about this in another thread but...

A transcript of a conversation between him and a Russian delegate was unmasked and leaked by 9 different officials.

Illegal, btw.

Now, it is normal for people in the transition team to talk to representatives of other countries. Especially the new National Security Advisor.

Then the FBI asked to talk to him in his office, which he thought was a friendly visit to a new White House official.

It was actually an interview, which he was not prepared for and had no lawyer present.

The result of the interview was that FBI agents under Comey said that he wasn't lying about anything.

Then Mueller charged him anyways, he fought it until he was penniless and then agreed to a plea bargain, a condition of which was a gag order.

This is either the 4th or 5th time Mueller has delayed sentencing... I honestly forget which.

Hope that helped.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Dims are so focused on hurting SC nominee Kavanaugh, that they've forgotten all about the "Protect Mueller!" and "Protect Rosenstein!" effort.

Next, we'll see how an experienced "stable genius" takes advantage of their stupidity.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thank-you! So Flynn was framed. I think Flynn is the subject of whose FBI Interview notes (302 notes?) were illegally altered, to make him guilty of lying.

I still don't know what Mueller was hoping to get out of a highly decorated military General, though. It's not like you can force this hero to make up lies against the President of the United States.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The way you describe it, it seems as if Mueller is more afraid of the sentencing than anything else. Like a point of no return or something.

Generally, if you keep delaying something it's because you don't want to do it.

Unless of course it's strictly political.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thank-you! So Flynn was framed. I think Flynn is the subject of whose FBI Interview notes (302 notes?) were illegally altered, to make him guilty of lying.

I still don't know what Mueller was hoping to get out of a highly decorated military General, though. It's not like you can force this hero to make up lies against the President of the United States.

I don't think he was trying to get anything out of him at all.

Flynn as National Security Adviser had as one of his top priorities going into the White House a full and complete audit of the Intelligence Communities. We haven't had one done in America since... 1974-75?

There is your motive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join