It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Il-20 shot down near Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just going to drop these off here.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: return35
Russians have released their S-400 radar images which they say are contrary to Israel's determinations. They probably made it up.

Russian Ministry of Defense photo of radar when S-200 shot down Il-20 in attempt to hit Israeli F-16

Another shot from S-400 radar

Showing how missile hit Il-20 instead F-16

Missile hits Il-20

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Interesting so the question in my mind is was there an F-35 chilling out in EW range and steered that SAM right up the ruskies tailpipe as a nice F U to the supplier of said SAM system. I may be off base but I seem to remember talk (autocorrect kept putting y’all instead of talk, I’ve achieved southerndom me thinks!) offensive EW capabilities on the 35 don’t know if that capability is live or not but I’d imagine the Israeli’s 35s would make a mighty fine test bed for said weapons systems so it may not be too much of a stretch...
Thanks for the great post!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Israel has been hitting targets in Syria for years without F-35s, and in all that time, has lost a single aircraft.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
They did lose that one F-16 that ended up crash landing back inside its borders after it was hit I believe early this year. But it crashed inside their border so no images made it out. Just like the UAE F-16, we only got the video of it being hit. Crashing inside friendly territory makes it easier for their government to scrub images from escaping to the net.

I don't care either way. The Il-20 was a legitimate military target that would have made the Israeli's vulnerable to enemy fire. Its the whole reason Israel did this crazy maneuver hugging the coast around Latakia instead of striking Damascus. They probably cannot fly safely that far in anymore with manned aircraft. Although I am certain it will not stop cruise missiles from being utilized with higher frequency soon.

All in all, nobody is booting the US from Syria, and we are staying there as long as Iran is there, according to Vice President John Bolton. It seems clear as day to me the Russians are not willing or ready to retaliate, only increase their ability to defend the skies.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Now the EU royals, unhappy about the ridiculous outcome of their ridiculous coup attempt in Venezuela , started launching rockets against a Russian military base in Syria, deploying their idiotic terrorist puppets, that they do not want to "take back". Looks like the "private contractor" aren't welcome back after their dirty job after all .... hey they didn't exist in the first place, right ?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join